Best mom for Siegbert who's not Charlotte?

Stocking

I recently began a new Fire Emblem Fates Conquest run on my old 3ds. I'm not really focusing too much on the child units, but I want to get Siegbert since he's one of my favorites. MyUnit, Charlotte, Azura, and Effie are already married. Does anyone know who I should marry Xander to since Charlotte is already taken? I was thinking maybe Nyx but I'm not sure how good Nyx!Siegbert would be.

Edited by Stocking

Are you playing Conquest or Revelation?  Being a royal, all of Hinoka's potential kids should turn out well.  But if that's not possible, Mozu, Beruka, or Peri should also be workable options.  I would avoid making Nyx his mother because she's a magic user and magic-oriented Child Units should ideally have magic-oriented parents.

40 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Are you playing Conquest or Revelation?  Being a royal, all of Hinoka's potential kids should turn out well.  But if that's not possible, Mozu, Beruka, or Peri should also be workable options.  I would avoid making Nyx his mother because she's a magic user and magic-oriented Child Units should ideally have magic-oriented parents.

Crap I should've specified I'm playing Conquest. Thanks for the suggestions!

Xander wants speed, so if you're playing Conquest, then Selena is probably the best option after Charlotte.

Siegbert looks terrible with red hair, however.

Edited by Maof06

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Siegbert looks terrible with red hair, however.

Siegbert looks terrible with most hairs that aren't his default blond color. 

In fact all the second gens do. Whenever I see them with a hairstyle other then their default ones I always pause to note how terrible it looks. The Awakening kids seemed designed to look at least decent with every hairstyle, but I don't think any of the Fates kids were designed to look good in anything other than their default colors. 

18 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Have you considered Felicia?

Yeah I have, but I was thinking about pairing her up with Arthur. Is Felicia!Siegbert good?

26 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Have you considered Felicia?

2 minutes ago, Stocking said:

Yeah I have, but I was thinking about pairing her up with Arthur. Is Felicia!Siegbert good?

I would say no. In general, magic-focused units are best used for magic-focused children, which Siegbert is not.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would say no. In general, magic-focused units are best used for magic-focused children, which Siegbert is not.

Ahh okay thanks for the heads up

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yeah, you're probably right.

I'm generally not the best person for this sort of thing knowing that I pair my units with the philosophy of chemistry first; mechanics second.

On 4/21/2021 at 4:57 PM, Stocking said:

I recently began a new Fire Emblem Fates Conquest run on my old 3ds. I'm not really focusing too much on the child units, but I want to get Siegbert since he's one of my favorites.

Conquest consists of 27 chapters, Xander joins your party in Chapter 16, and a couple needs seven maps to marry. Thus, unless you grind Supports or plan to unlock various children consecutively late in the game just for him, Siegbert will only be eligible for four or five maps. And he does not have the bases nor the growths to lead your party (he is, at best, a late-joining Silas.) Therefore, it does not really matter who his mama is, as long as she is physical.

Just enjoy the ride and pick his mama based on the dialogues, hair colour and whatnot.

Edited by starburst