Paragon - 3DSFE Hacking Toolkit

thane98

9 hours ago, thane98 said:

Any NA or JPN version should be fine - I haven't looked at the EU version yet, so Paragon may be missing support for a couple languages in that version.

EU version also works fine. All important stuff is there, though the following nodes are missing:
- "Battle Music Configs (Us)"
- "Chapter Sound group Configs (US)"

- "Env. Sound Configs (US)"

- Map music configs

- Map sound configs

- Music configs

- SFX Maya sound configs

- Sfx Sound configs

- Sound groups

- Voice configs

So all music stuff.  All other stuff works perfectly.

There's also one node in the main menu called Unknown Data. That's actually the Movement cost data for terrain.

Lastly a question I was curious about. Is it possible for Paragon to also call for and display things like the Flame Lance and Devil axe etc? They exist in the item files for the ISO but don't show up.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

EU version also works fine. All important stuff is there, though the following nodes are missing:
- "Battle Music Configs (Us)"
- "Chapter Sound group Configs (US)"

- "Env. Sound Configs (US)"

- Map music configs

- Map sound configs

- Music configs

- SFX Maya sound configs

- Sfx Sound configs

- Sound groups

- Voice configs

So all music stuff.  All other stuff works perfectly.

There's also one node in the main menu called Unknown Data. That's actually the Movement cost data for terrain.

Lastly a question I was curious about. Is it possible for Paragon to also call for and display things like the Flame Lance and Devil axe etc? They exist in the item files for the ISO but don't show up.

1. Good to know. For music configs, main question is what prefix the EU version uses for localized files. If it's still "e_" for EU, this is an easy fix.

2. Thanks, I will update that module to say movement cost data.

3. I'm pretty sure Paragon's loading and displaying every entry in the items table - I'm guessing the assets are present but there isn't an item entry for it? In that case you could create entries for both items in Paragon. You may need to give it an AID entry in FE10Battle as well. Paragon doesn't have a module for this yet, but it will in the next release.

On 12/25/2021 at 10:09 PM, thane98 said:

As far as I know stats are signed, so min value = -128, max value = 127.

Thank you for this.

Still FE Awakening, I'm trying to make Naga's Tear item to Infinite uses. Simply checking the Infinite uses flag doesn't work, it disappears after use. Sorry if these questions sounds dumb because I'm familiar with Nightmare editing on GBA FE way back and now trying to work Paragon through.

11 hours ago, Newb said:

Thank you for this.

Still FE Awakening, I'm trying to make Naga's Tear item to Infinite uses. Simply checking the Infinite uses flag doesn't work, it disappears after use. Sorry if these questions sounds dumb because I'm familiar with Nightmare editing on GBA FE way back and now trying to work Paragon through.

I want to say the infinite uses flag is for weapons like Falchion. My guess is that IS never set up that flag to work for consumables.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 4:07 PM, thane98 said:

1. Good to know. For music configs, main question is what prefix the EU version uses for localized files. If it's still "e_" for EU, this is an easy fix.

2. Thanks, I will update that module to say movement cost data.

3. I'm pretty sure Paragon's loading and displaying every entry in the items table - I'm guessing the assets are present but there isn't an item entry for it? In that case you could create entries for both items in Paragon. You may need to give it an AID entry in FE10Battle as well. Paragon doesn't have a module for this yet, but it will in the next release.

There's actually quite a few of these items that are unused. Sadly, adding extra items through paragon with the IID's and corresponding MIID_'s etc does not bear fruit. Devilaxe for example is already in FE10BATTLE but adding in a IID_Devilaxe does not link it. 
There's currently over 20 unused weapon files in the xwp folder, so any support for being able to add those in (instead of replacing the models over other items) would be greatly appreciated. ❤️

And of course a heartfelt thank you for paragon thus far, since I've been able to do so much already. ^^

On 1/10/2022 at 9:33 AM, Vicious Sal said:

There's actually quite a few of these items that are unused. Sadly, adding extra items through paragon with the IID's and corresponding MIID_'s etc does not bear fruit. Devilaxe for example is already in FE10BATTLE but adding in a IID_Devilaxe does not link it. 
There's currently over 20 unused weapon files in the xwp folder, so any support for being able to add those in (instead of replacing the models over other items) would be greatly appreciated. ❤️

And of course a heartfelt thank you for paragon thus far, since I've been able to do so much already. ^^

I can spend some time looking into this when I set up the FE10Battle module. I'll put together some steps for adding the unused weapons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, banana_boy said:

Am I just stupid or is there no way to edit starting inventories with this?

For most games, this isn't included in the character data. You can change starting inventories by editing the character's spawn in the dispos (Multis -> Dispos from the main window).

3 hours ago, thane98 said:

For most games, this isn't included in the character data. You can change starting inventories by editing the character's spawn in the dispos (Multis -> Dispos from the main window).

Thanks. I was trying to change some people's classes and obviously that doesn't work very well if they can't use the weapons they join with.

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, meme dealer said:

using mac, paragon is a TextEdit file, and I have no idea how to run it

I responded on Discord where you were asking about this - ping me there if you need more help.

It's a binary file, not a text file. You should be able to execute it from the terminal. If you get a permissions error, you may need to add execute permissions with chmod.

Hello! Fairly new to modding, but I installed all the required stuff and I'm running Paragon, but I'm having trouble Creating and Opening a Project? Paragon's giving me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "paragon\core\workers\load_project_worker.py", line 69, in run

Exception: Failed to read data from stores.

Caused by:

0: Failed to read data from store 'aset'.

1: File 'bs/aset.lz' does not exist. Attempted to find it using the following paths: '[E:\Paragon Output Directory\bs/aset.lz,C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Citra\dump\romfs\bs/aset.lz]'

14 hours ago, AkaneMinori said:

Hello! Fairly new to modding, but I installed all the required stuff and I'm running Paragon, but I'm having trouble Creating and Opening a Project? Paragon's giving me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "paragon\core\workers\load_project_worker.py", line 69, in run

Exception: Failed to read data from stores.

Caused by:

0: Failed to read data from store 'aset'.

1: File 'bs/aset.lz' does not exist. Attempted to find it using the following paths: '[E:\Paragon Output Directory\bs/aset.lz,C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Citra\dump\romfs\bs/aset.lz]'

This usually means one of the following:

• Your RomFS directory is not set correctly. It needs to be pointed to an extracted RomFS. The folder you point it to should have subfolders like "asset", "bs", "GameData", etc.
  • Your game dump is incomplete. Verify that your extracted RomFS has the file indicated in the error message.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:04 PM, thane98 said:

This usually means one of the following:

• Your RomFS directory is not set correctly. It needs to be pointed to an extracted RomFS. The folder you point it to should have subfolders like "asset", "bs", "GameData", etc.
  • Your game dump is incomplete. Verify that your extracted RomFS has the file indicated in the error message.

Fixed it! Turns out that since I dumped the ROMFS through Citra, it created an extra folder using the game's ID, which messed with the path that Paragon tried pulling the file from. Simple fix! Thank you~

23 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Curious, is there a way to port voice clips from Awakening to Fates?

This takes a fair amount of work since you need to modify the bcsar (sound archive) and then set up sound sets for the ported voices.

For the first part, I wrote BCSAR View and the wiki has an article on how to import sounds from another game. Sound sets can be managed through Paragon.

18 minutes ago, thane98 said:

This takes a fair amount of work since you need to modify the bcsar (sound archive) and then set up sound sets for the ported voices.

For the first part, I wrote BCSAR View and the wiki has an article on how to import sounds from another game. Sound sets can be managed through Paragon.

This is perfect, thank you!

I figured it out actually, so no worries there!

Another question now, is there a simplified way to edit enemy data per chapter? (I.E what equipment they have, levels, etc.)

I know Paragon doesn't support it yet, so i was curious.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I figured it out actually, so no worries there!

Another question now, is there a simplified way to edit enemy data per chapter? (I.E what equipment they have, levels, etc.)

I know Paragon doesn't support it yet, so i was curious.

Currently the only option in Paragon is the Dispos module. Multis tab -> Dispos -> Select File. You can edit everything there but it will be clunky since there's no way to visualize enemies on the map.

3DSFE has a full chapter editor with the map layout, sprites, etc. but we're still mapping out most of this for FE10.

2 hours ago, thane98 said:

Currently the only option in Paragon is the Dispos module. Multis tab -> Dispos -> Select File. You can edit everything there but it will be clunky since there's no way to visualize enemies on the map.

3DSFE has a full chapter editor with the map layout, sprites, etc. but we're still mapping out most of this for FE10.

Oh I didnt notice that! Thank you! 

No its amazing as is, dont feel rushed or anything!