What is your ideas on how Nintendo and Intelligent System should do for a possible Fire Emblem 99?

King Marth 64

Since Nintendo managed to made Tetris 99 and Super Mario Bros. 35 along with Bandai Namco developed Pac-Man 99. What is your ideal thoughts on how Nintendo and Intelligent System should make Fire Emblem 99 possible? We know that the concept of the 99 games allows to use a Nintendo Switch Online activated along with challenging 98 Players around the world. Which game style, maps, limit to how many playable allies to use, and set of enemies do you think they should include in Fire Emblem 99?

For my ideal Fire Emblem 99 that I think they could go for:

1. They could probably use Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light as the default game style.
  2. I think the set on the map to one for the start and the other maps should be randomized or organized by order similar to like Super Mario Bros. 35 handles.
  3. I think we could see about a total of 8 or to 10 Playable Units help the Main Character in each rounds. New units will appear when the player beats the other player.
  4. Maybe around a set of 15 to 20 enemies will might appear at the start of the round. The other enemy units will appear as reinforncements when the other player targeted you and they appear similar to like the White Enemies appear in Super Mario Bros. 35 or the Ghost Pac-Mans and the Jammers from Pac-Man 99.
  5. The DLC Skins should be the other Fire Emblem titles such as Gaiden, SNES games, GBA games, etc. similar to like Pac-Man 99 has the other Namco Arcade Titles as the skins.
Edited by King Marth 64

I don't see the Fire Emblem series as lending itself well to a Battle Royale model, unfortunately. It's turn-based and relatively slow-paced, compared to games like Mario or Tetris. A major emphasis is building up units and customizing your team - not really an option in a fast-paced "99" format. And bundles of enemies appearing for you suddenly isn't something that can really be strategized around.

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I don't see the Fire Emblem series as lending itself well to a Battle Royale model, unfortunately. It's turn-based and relatively slow-paced, compared to games like Mario or Tetris. A major emphasis is building up units and customizing your team - not really an option in a fast-paced "99" format. And bundles of enemies appearing for you suddenly isn't something that can really be strategized around.

So, you think every playable units should be maxed out to avoid leveling up each turn while the other enemy units would be somewhere at Lv. 15 to the highest Level, correct?

I do have a thought on customizing the team. Why not organize the units during at Loading Times, when the Loading gets done that makes every player starts to battle when Turn 1 is ready and maybe a time limit per Turn would appear incase if the player struggles too long to figure out? (Like when the timelimit reaches Zero, the enemy phase starts)

Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

So, you think every playable units should be maxed out to avoid leveling up each turn while the other enemy units would be somewhere at Lv. 15 to the highest Level, correct?

I do have a thought on customizing the team. Why not organize the units during at Loading Times, when the Loading gets done that makes every player starts to battle when Turn 1 is ready and maybe a time limit per Turn would appear incase if the player struggles too long to figure out? (Like when the timelimit reaches Zero, the enemy phase starts)

Well I definitely don't think it should use a traditional EXP system, including level-ups. I also think even 8 units would be too many to handle. Actually, here's something I've come up with:

"Fire Emblem 31", in honor of the series' 31st anniversary. Because any anniversary is special, if you believe hard enough. You play with 30 other people. You control a single fighter, in a basic class that you can pick. It's set on an island (or valley, or castle) that's a 31 by 31 grid. Every turn lasts 20 seconds, and at the end of the turn, the outermost cells are turned into a dead zone. The goal is to sieze the central tile, and hold it through turn 15; or else, to simply be the last surviving unit. So the game should be limited to about 5 minutes. If any of this sounds familiar, it's heavily plagiarized from Fortnite.

Mechanically-speaking, you can choose which class you start as (i.e. Myrmidon, Archer, Mage), but that's about it. You start off with a base-level weapon, and 5 gold to your name. There's a Heroes-style weapon triangle, and the stat system is similarly simplified (no Speed or Luck). There's a forging system, whereby you can upgrade your weapon by spending gold (i.e. Iron -> Steel costs 5 gold). Some forges will be exclusive to certain spaces (i.e. you need to be on water to forge a Lancereaver), unless you find the Blacksmith tile, where anything can be forged. Weapon stats include Might, Weight, Range, and an effect (i.e. killer weapons crit with WTA). There's also the shopping item: you can spend Gold to get Vulneraries, Stat Boosters, or Seals. Seals can be used for a class upgrade - i.e. the Flying Seal gives you a Pegasus, so you ignore terrain, but suffer effective damage from bows.

In addition to forging and shopping, you can also Attack other fighters. Because turns are taken simultaneously, this is a matter of being first to the punch (i.e. other fighters can force you into combat). Stats, WTA, range, and weapon effects all come into play for combat. If you kill another fighter, you win gold, which can then be spent to Forge or Shop. By killing other units, and spending strategically, you'll have a better shot at holding onto the Sieze point (notably, the one spot where Forging and Shopping are not an option).

I think this could make for a fun, quick game - albeit one which doesn't bear a close resemblance to the "traditional" Fire Emblem experience. 

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

In addition to forging and shopping, you can also Attack other fighters. Because turns are taken simultaneously, this is a matter of being first to the punch (i.e. other fighters can force you into combat). Stats, WTA, range, and weapon effects all come into play for combat. If you kill another fighter, you win gold, which can then be spent to Forge or Shop. By killing other units, and spending strategically, you'll have a better shot at holding onto the Sieze point (notably, the one spot where Forging and Shopping are not an option).

I did forget about the handling with the Forge and Shops for the possible Fire Emblem 99. Do you think the Forge and Shops maybe should appear in random spots in each maps like the player units reaches to the Shop and when the Player gets done with Buying items, the shop disappears and moves to a new spot? (I was thinking of something similar to like how the villages were handled in Fire Emblem Awakening in Laurent's Paralogue when the Bandits trying to find the villages and they appear out of nowhere that could be useful for Fire Emblem 99)

Edited by King Marth 64

I wouldn't have the Vendor or the Blacksmith move around. Rather, I would have... let's say, 3 of each on the map in question. The Shop command can be used on any tile (except the Sieze point), but your options are limited - i.e. you can buy Armor Seals on Mountain tiles, or Horse Seals on Plains Tiles. Only at the Vendor tile do you get a full "shop" selection. Similarly, you can Forge anywhere, but only at the Blacksmith are your options unlimited. This would make these spots desirable targets, without being essential for victory.

I would also throw in, say, 3 Villages. A Village would function as both a Vendor and a Blacksmith - you have unlimited Shop and Forge options alike there, making these spots even more desirable. 

One more thing - there would also be sparkling Treasure tiles. End your turn on one, and you get a random reward - maybe gold, maybe a Seal, or perhaps a stat booster.

• 2 weeks later...