Feh Channel (25th April 2021)

Nym

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Extra 1000 barracks space, sweet. Glad I haven't expanded mine in a while.

Sigurd looks fun, as well as the updates to Ryoma and Gunnthra.

Well, fucking FINALLY!!! We now get RESERVES!!! My Barracks would not be so cramped anymore for the immediate forseeable future. Other stuff in Feh Channel are nice too, but this is the biggest deal in my opinion.

I wonder if we will get guaranteed summons for the Choose Your Legends Foci. That will be really neat!

Ima write my thoughts as I watch the video.

• Golden week, eh. Four CYL hero fests with boosted Focus rates and 5 summoning tickets each is good. Maybe I'll try to get Brave Lysithea finally...
  • Oh dear, Feh quiz again... hope they don't throw us a real big curveball.
  • Legendary Sigurd. He looks sparkly. Oh god he's gonna enable even more annoying Cav teams on AR-D.
  • Legendary Ryoma getting a very boosted Bushido II. No flying weakness, flat Damage +7 boost, AND Dodge effect. Also Atk/Spd Rein 3 to make him worthy Legendary fodder. Neat. Kinda weird he isn't getting Kestrel Stance 3, but I guess that'd be a little much...
  • Chilling Seal II looks good. Like, real good. What I would expect from a Tier 4 Chill. Atk/Res Solo is also great compared to her native Fortress Res. Methinks she'll pair real well with Wedding Micaiah. Gives some hope for Hrid's upgrade.
  • ...did they make a sexy My Summoner?
  • Oooh custom Breidabliks. Kinda wish there were a Bow though, that'd be my jam.
  • Reserve Barracks? OH YES PLEASE FINALLY SOMEPLACE TO PUT ALL THESE USELESS MEATHEADS. Me and my barracks are so happy to know I can finally put all those meh Grail units into a comatose state.
  • Hm... no news on weapon refines? Shame...
Edited by Xenomata

This is why I feel like you can't assume patterns. Everyone was getting into the whole "alternating male and female for legendaries" except that was already a trap many of us fell for a couple years ago.

Just when you think IS has a pattern, they throw a curveball. Every time.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  • Legendary Sigurd. He looks sparkly. Oh god he's gonna enable even more annoying Cav teams on AR-D.

At least the bonus buff makes the defense team more vulnerable to Panic, so it is something. But yeah, he looks pretty nasty and sadistic on defense.

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  • Legendary Ryoma getting a very boosted Bushido II. No flying weakness, flat Damage +7 boost, AND Dodge effect. Also Atk/Spd Rein 3 to make him worthy Legendary fodder. Neat. Kinda weird he isn't getting Kestrel Stance 3, but I guess that'd be a little much...

I wonder when are they going to Refine Distant Counter Weapons.

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  • Chilling Seal II looks good. Like, real good. What I would expect from a Tier 4 Chill. Atk/Res Solo is also great compared to her native Fortress Res. Methinks she'll pair real well with Wedding Micaiah. Gives some hope for Hrid's upgrade.

I am hoping Hríd gets Ruptured Sky, Pulse Smoke, or Fatal Smoke.

Well well well, this Feh channel was pretty nice considering there wasn't that much stuff added. 

• Golden Week stuff is expected. Don't care much about the CYL Hero Fests (although that helps plan for next year if I can't get B!Eirika to +10). 
  • Legendary Sigurd is going to be quite hellish for AR-D. 4 mov ranged cavs...hoo boy. 
  • As for the buffs for older Legendaries. Ryoma got a nice one with Iote's Shield, Dodge and unconditional 7 true dmg. I still think he's too fragile so the Dodge isn't going to improve him all that much, but he'll be leagues better than what he's right now. Gunnthrá's debuff got better, with a Chill+Smoke-like effect that triggers at start of turn. She'll do fine as long as she doesn't face an enemy that uses Unity skills. 
  • Two new appearances for the summoner. Eh, can't say I care much about those two. The weapon changes are great, now I can make a Dodge tank summoner! Mjolnir strikes Summoner quests are nice, although it'll make teams be more like frontliner, Summoner + 3 dancers. 
  • The 1000 extra barracks space is HUGE. I've been at the border of getting my barracks full and had to use like 10 orbs to get me some space. Putting units on each group seems a little annoying, but that's nothing compared to the number of orbs I'd had to use to expand my actual barracks. 

Legendary Sigurd is going to be a pain to deal with. He's pretty much guaranteed to activate Holy-Knight Aura when baited due to his damage reduction on first hit when initiating, and it's going to be hard to snipe him because he has the same reach as ranged cavalry. At least he'll only be in season half the time in Aether Raids.

Not terribly keen on the localization of Holy-Knight Aura's name, though. It's グランベルの聖騎士, "Grandbell's Holy Knight", in Japanese, but I can see where they might have problems with the name's length.

They actually fixed Ryoma properly. Nice. It was pretty clear they wanted him to be an enemy-phase unit with Kestrel Stance, but being a flying unit with vulnerability to bows and no access to Dodge just made him awful at that role with his mediocre defenses. Bushido II fixes both of those issues and makes it actually worth using in the B slot. Getting Atk/Spd Rein to replace Guidance is also excellent.

I'm glad they made the AoE upgrade idea for Chilling Seal II a reality, and changing which stats get affected helps a lot. Atk/Res Solo 4 is okay, I guess, especially now that Chilling Seal debuffs Atk and Res instead of Atk and Spd on the splash effect.

I hope we get Grima and Lyn in the next batch. They're by far the most in need of help right now.

Vaguely amused at the new summoner options being a more distinctly feminine and a more distinctly masculine option over the somewhat more androgynous options we had before. Still going to keep my current appearance, though. I doubt either of the new options will have quite as unamused of an expression on the chibi as my current one (dark-skinned feminine option).

New summoner weapon options is fun, though. Would certainly help balance out some of my teams since several of them have glaring holes in their color coverage.

Reserves is... okay, I guess. I would've preferred just getting normal barracks slots, but I won't say no to more slots, even if they're basically just cold storage slots. Makes organizing unused units a bit easier and unclutters the main barracks, but it's still kind of an annoyance to have to move things around instead of just having everything available.

More barracks slots with additional steps is still better than no more barracks slots, though. But I'll still grumble like the geezer I am.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reserves is... okay, I guess. I would've preferred just getting normal barracks slots, but I won't say no to more slots, even if they're basically just cold storage slots. Makes organizing unused units a bit easier and unclutters the main barracks, but it's still kind of an annoyance to have to move things around instead of just having everything available.

More barracks slots with additional steps is still better than no more barracks slots, though. But I'll still grumble like the geezer I am.

I, as someone whose barracks are max 625 and almost have them all filled largely because of my needing to have all the units regardless of how actually good they are (I don't even remember the last time I looked at Jakob...) ergo I don't even use 80% of my non-dancer barracks, very strongly approve of the addition. I think this is a change largely for the veterans like me.

I think it's you who says that thing about spending one orb on expanding barracks by 5 versus spending 20 to fill said 5 slots?

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

20210425_234705.png

How familiar.

Um that chick has nearly the exact same details on the hair as the Awakening version.

Edited by Xenomata

Legendary Sigurd? I'm living the best timeline, baby!!

Lobsterman is kinda scary with Bushido II: Electric (ehe) Boogaloo.

Pink-haired Sigurd cosplayer is definitely better than ever and can be a reliable debuffer for those who need it.

Oh, and we get to be Camilla or green Gaius, Breidablik turns out to be DMC4 Pandora and uh...Golden Week!

Edited by GodSejeong97

A simple but nice Feh Channel. Legendary Sigurd is great although RIP Fire Legendary jokes and I'm happy to see the remixes for Ryoma and Gunnthra are looking good. Hopefully, Legendary Lyn is treated just as well. Golden Week as expected, but 24 free summons sounds nice on paper. Barracks space is fine. Never really struggled with that before.

I do not recognize the C skill icon on Sigurd: Fated Holy Knight. I assume it is an inheritable skill since he seems to already have Crusader's Ward on the B slot, and I do not think they are going to give him another exclusive skill and not mention it. It also looks similar to Renewal.

Fatal Smoke.

Edited by XRay

55 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I don't understand the twitter & quiz part. So what exactly I need to do

-Have a twitter account
-Go to the official FEH Twitter account.
-Partake in the quiz, don't pick the wrong answer.

It's not important you take an active role. These things generally are won because a few people figure out the answer and post it in the replies to the question, and then everyone copies them.

@XRay it's Fatal Smoke.

Edited by Xenomata

"maybe this is how Sigurd would look if he came to his son's aid?"

Listen, if Fire Emblem Echoes of the Holy War lets us keep the Gen 1 units alive for gen 2, I'm turning the game off. I wouldn't mind it for some characters under the right conditions, but definitely in Sigurd's case. It's not okay. They let you recruit Michalis in FE12. Don't think I forgot, IS.

Just now, Hasechi said:

@Xenomata So I shouldn't do anything rather than select the wrong answer right? 

Again, it largely doesn't matter. This isn't an individual quiz, it's a massive group effort, everyone gets rewarded regardless how the quiz goes.
If you participate, it'll just be for fun. Even if you get the wrong answer you still get stuff because the wrong answer will inevitably be in the minority.

Wow pretty good FEH Channel overall. With the effectively 1000 extra barracks space I'm a little salty about the 2 orbs that are pretty much dead on the Android device that I use to record videos, oh well it's minor in the grand scheme of things.

I can't wait for gross Sigurd comps in AR-D, and I guess Wind season in Arena is becoming it's own hell after Water season. After G Duel Calvary 4 comes out, Gunntra is going to run amok, but I guess Harsh Command+ takes care of that.

29 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I, as someone whose barracks are max 625 and almost have them all filled largely because of my needing to have all the units regardless of how actually good they are (I don't even remember the last time I looked at Jakob...) ergo I don't even use 80% of my non-dancer barracks, very strongly approve of the addition. I think this is a change largely for the veterans like me.

I welcome the extra space, but I don't see a reason why they couldn't have just given everyone 1000 more regular barracks spaces instead of 1000 reserve spaces. Having 1000 spaces for temporarily unusable units is no different than having 1000 spaces for units that I'm never going to be using (and I already have at least 900 units in my barracks that I never use).

Additionally, from the UI perspective, it absolutely did not have to be added to the menu. The menu is already an absolute mess of redundant options, and they should have just worked reserves into the barracks UI (along with all of the other barracks management options) instead of a menu option.

The only real pro of reserve spaces relative to regular spaces is organization, and the only real con of reserve spaces relative to regular spaces is organization.

I'm just glad that I never spent orbs to extend my barracks. Currently having 295 of 300 possible units.

With the orbs I'll get I'll pull from the latest brave banner to get more Lysithea, Claude and Edelgard copies. Edelgard is +7, so maybe she could become my first exclusive 5*+10 unit. Annette is the furthest merged at +9. 

Kinda wished Sigurd had a lance like (an improved) Gaé Bolg since he can use lances in FE4. Another sword legendary cavalier is kinda boring tbh. Wouldn't have pulled from it anyways since it collides with the brave banners (unfortunately).