Feh Channel (25th April 2021)

Nym

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I welcome the extra space, but I don't see a reason why they couldn't have just given everyone 1000 more regular barracks spaces instead of 1000 reserve spaces. Having 1000 spaces for temporarily unusable units is no different than having 1000 spaces for units that I'm never going to be using (and I already have at least 900 units in my barracks that I never use).

Additionally, from the UI perspective, it absolutely did not have to be added to the menu. The menu is already an absolute mess of redundant options, and they should have just worked reserves into the barracks UI (along with all of the other barracks management options) instead of a menu option.

The only real pro of reserve spaces relative to regular spaces is organization, and the only real con of reserve spaces relative to regular spaces is organization.

I think that the big thing is that you don't have to dig through rows of garbage (that is, units you're doing nothing with but don't want to throw away) to find the units you do use anymore.

If you were given 1,000 extra spaces for units and you somehow filled them all, now you're sorting through 1,000 units who may as well be combat manuals for all the good they're doing. i don't use Barst, Bartre, Dorcas, Echidna, Raven, among other Axe Infantry, but they're all units I still own (and don't wanna book cause I'm a unit horder) and so I still have to go through them if I want to find Brave Ike or Ninja Hana. I don't wanna really do anything with all these free Grail units, but I still gotta keep them in case they're needed for a quest, but in the meantime they just take up room hogging precious screenspace, not even barrack space just more icons to gaze my eyes over trying to find that one unit I was looking for.

It's just rows and rows of icons that never get looked at, but must be kept (and favorited, in case I go on a booking spree)... and the reserve barracks (or coma room, as is more fitting) lets me get rid of all the icons while still retaining the units themselves.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I think that the big thing is that you don't have to dig through rows of garbage (that is, units you're doing nothing with but don't want to throw away) to find the units you do use anymore.

If you were given 1,000 extra spaces for units and you somehow filled them all, now you're sorting through 1,000 units who may as well be combat manuals for all the good they're doing. i don't use Barst, Bartre, Dorcas, Echidna, Raven, among other Axe Infantry, but they're all units I still own (and don't wanna book cause I'm a unit horder) and so I still have to go through them if I want to find Brave Ike or Ninja Hana. I don't wanna really do anything with all these free Grail units, but I still gotta keep them in case they're needed for a quest, but in the meantime they just take up room hogging precious screenspace, not even barrack space just more icons to gaze my eyes over trying to find that one unit I was looking for.

It's just rows and rows of icons that never get looked at, but must be kept (and favorited, in case I go on a booking spree)... and the reserve barracks (or coma room, as is more fitting) lets me get rid of all the icons while still retaining the units themselves.

I use various sorting functions for Arena Assault, modes/quests that require specific team comps, and Skill Inheritance, so it never takes me that long to find stuff. I personally prefer regular 1,000 Barracks space too instead of 1,000 Reserve space, but I am happy to have any kind of extra space at all.

11 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Kinda wished Sigurd had a lance like (an improved) Gaé Bolg since he can use lances in FE4. Another sword legendary cavalier is kinda boring tbh. Wouldn't have pulled from it anyways since it collides with the brave banners (unfortunately).

There's no reason to not give him Tyrfing, though.

The only Legendary/Mythic Heroes that aren't using their Prf weapons are ones that don't have a legendary-tier Prf weapon (Celica, Leaf, and Lyn), have a Falchion and aren't named Marth (Alm, Chrom, and Lucina), can't hold a sword in their hooves (Corrin), or got stuck with lazy animators that didn't want to animate their weapon (Bramimond).

Just now, Xenomata said:

With the very few exceptions of when I need to use a unit I have that is at +0, it's never been difficult to find a unit I'm looking for by just sorting by level since I can usually remember the approximate number of merges my most-used units have. And then I have favorites for specific unit groups that I use frequently (4 is for units with Valor or Experience skills and 5 is for dancers).

Other than Legendary Sigurd I am pretty happy with the updates on skills and reserves. Mjonir strike is one of my fav mode so getting to make summoner a DC Lancer is really nice, hopeful wishing they give us movement options next time as well.

My Legendary Ryoma will have the chance to see some play in  AA perhaps. As for Gunthra I am not sure is it worth putting her in AR just for the chill effects, she is not good for Arena Scoring either. Speaking of AR, what the heck is Sigurd permanent movement increase AND straight up Damage Reduction, this is some step up powercreep from that last Spring Dragon Duos. I feel like I need OG Micaiah with Close Foil just to deal with him, or I just strictly auto dispatch from now on. FE4 is  my least fav mainline FE game so this saltiness is probably just my personal bias taking its toll.

Brave Banner is nice. I have been wanting to get Brave Eliwood for collection sake. Then next target is probably Wind Parthia (I forgot his name but too lazy to look it up) to replace my Halloween Grima in AR O.

Sigurd looks amazing as he deserves to, I love seeing more of Suzuki Rika's work here.  I don't have any hope of actually getting him due to how bad legendary focus is, but I'll sure as hell try.

I know it's been a thing for years and everyone's probably already spoiled by now but I hate IS' willingness to outright spoil these games.  Gives me zero confidence in this game being remade if they're out there constantly screaming about the most important plot details of their games.

Oh. A Feh Channel. That explains why there was suddenly Golden Week stuff in FEH. XD

Anyway, while I'm happy about the barracks reserve, I JUST expanded by barracks a bunch since I was running out of room. DX Also, while I'm happy that there are more summoner appearance choices, I still can't find one I like for me. DX

I'm kind of indifferent about everything else, I think, but still leaning positive. Oh, but the updates to Ryoma and Gunnthra are nice. Anyway, not a big Feh Channel this time, but still not bad. Also, Sigurd helping his son, wife's daughter, and nephew was sweet. Poor Julius, though.

Edit: OH RIGHT also, I got the quiz thing in the video right. I mean, option 3 was obviously Pixel Fehnix, but as for the owls' regular shadows, here's the key: Fehnix has a fluffier chest!

Edited by Mercakete

21 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Did we really need paragraph-long Specials? I really like Sigurd, but god damn.

Who said you needed to read the paragraph? Perhaps IS is banking on this as a way of making characters “strong”. If the text is overwhelming and you skip it, you might die to said character when they’re in enemy hands because you couldn’t be bothered to read it all. You foolishly charged into a terrible defeat that wouldn’t have happened if you spent 4 minutes reading and digesting what the skill did.😛

My very short time with FEH already saw me acting like that, I can imagine the words have gotten a little worse since then.

46 minutes ago, Opdepov said:

Man... I just spend like 400 orbs getting Sigurd merges on that rerun banner lol. Never imagined they'd do a legendary Sigurd.

They will eventually get to every main lord. It just takes time. For free players, it is still a good idea to have a backup pile of Orbs in case something new gets released that you want.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

They will eventually get to every main lord. It just takes time. For free players, it is still a good idea to have a backup pile of Orbs in case something new gets released that you want.

We're almost finished the major lords, in fact. Aside from alternate gender avatars, we're now only missing Micaiah and Byleth.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

We're almost finished the major lords, in fact. Aside from alternate gender avatars, we're now only missing Micaiah and Byleth.

Xander?

I mean you could also count Alfonse, Sharena and Veronica.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Xander?

I mean you could also count Alfonse, Sharena and Veronica.

Xander, Sothe, and Elincia are other strong candidates, but they aren't main lords.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Ryoma made it in so Xander counts too

Ryoma is why Xander is a strong legendary candidate, but that doesn't make either of them count as main lords.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Ryoma made it in so Xander counts too

Tiki, Julia, and Lilina are Legendary Heroes, but also don't count as main lords. Ryoma being a Legendary Hero means that Xander qualifies as a Legendary Hero, but that doesn't make either of them a main lord.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Elincia has a fair claim to being a main lord, since she does have an entire act of the game as an army leader (RD act 2) - something that normally only main lords can claim.

Elincia's situation is so weird. Story-wise, she's the main character of Part 2. Gameplay-wise, she's only a commander for two chapters - the same number as Tibarn and Geoffrey.

Last year's 8-bit reel implies IS considers Sothe more of a lord than Elincia, which I still think is very weird, but they never asked me.

I think any character that is related or close to the protagonist could be a Legendary candidate. I put Ryoma, Tiki, Julia and Lilina in that category, and I think Sothe and Elincia could also be added to that. Another one that could fit this category is Caeda, if they are in need of another Archanean representation.

23 hours ago, Othin said:

Elincia's situation is so weird. Story-wise, she's the main character of Part 2. Gameplay-wise, she's only a commander for two chapters - the same number as Tibarn and Geoffrey.

Last year's 8-bit reel implies IS considers Sothe more of a lord than Elincia, which I still think is very weird, but they never asked me.

I mean, Sothe is the only thing that makes Act 1 possible and he is a required deployment in Act 5. He also has a storyline promotion and does at least as much as Micaiah's deadweight ass.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I mean, Sothe is the only thing that makes Act 1 possible and he is a required deployment in Act 5.

You're required to bring Sothe into the final endgame, but the game never actually forces you to use him on any of the final five maps which begs the question of why they make you waste a slot on his (by that point) useless ass.

The only mandatory characters at that point in the game (aka the only ones who trigger a Game Over upon defeat) are Ike and Micaiah. Anyone who could previously trigger a Game Over upon defeat no longer do.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think anyone IS used in that giant "protagonists" banner last year is most likely who they're considering for Legendaries, + Xander. So we got a long way before we run short of options from that batch.

For reference, the units from the Leads banner without a legendary version are Elincia, Corrin M, Caeda, Byleth F, Byleth M, Tsubasa, Ninian, Robin M, Dierdre, Sothe, and Nanna.

In addition to Xander, I'd also add Itsuki - he certainly has a better claim than Tsubasa.

The Legendary Banner update has hit and L!Sigurd's stats have been datamined (in case you missed them in the trailers).

Spoiler

41/41/23/37/26

Superboons: Atk
Superbanes: HP, Res

L!Sigurd's statline is almost an exact copypaste of L!Seliph. The only exception is Spd which L!Sigurd beats by 6 and does not have a superbane in.

Edited by Some Jerk

1 hour ago, Some Jerk said:

The Legendary Banner update has hit and L!Sigurd's stats have been datamined (in case you missed them in the trailers).

Reveal hidden contents

41/41/23/37/26

Superboons: Atk
Superbanes: HP, Res

L!Sigurd's statline is almost an exact copypaste of L!Seliph. The only exception is Spd which L!Sigurd beats by 6 and does not have a superbane in.

Spoiler

And Seliph's stat line itself was a near dead ringer to Hrid's (+4 Atk, +1 Def for Seliph compared to Hrid).

Man, if they're going give us this many sword cav legendaries, can they at least stop having them copy each other? Three of them also happen to share the same element as well (Wind; Hrid, Eliwood, Sigurd).