Does Anyone Have Any Opinions on Fire Emblem 3 Houses?

PhantomThiefLuna

My opinion, there's no better way to start a flame war than asking a vague question like. I think it's a well received game generally, but people can get very intense about the story XD Though flames seem a but less impassioned now compared to a year and a half ago.

26 minutes ago, PhantomThiefLuna said:

I see... I Honestly Didn’t Think Anyone would Reply To My Topic Thanks for Replying 🙂

I would. What do you want to hear about? Like opinion about what? Story? Charaters?

Nah, no one really has any opinions on Three Houses, it just came and went and people forgot about it.

...That's sarcasm. People definitely have opinions on Three Houses. I think it's mediocre, but that's just me.

One of the best game I played on the Switch honestly.
It is not a perfect game obviously, manly because it has a very low quality graphic and animations and sometimes the whole game start to feel... I don't how to say it, but kinda robotic.
When coming to the story, I think it is one of the best Fire Emblem ever, but that's because it really is different from any Fire Emblem we ever had before. Definiteley a "modern" one, like Awakening or Fates, but without the "power of friendship" stuff spammer everywhere and everytime, luckily.

My only complain is that some concept they created are really cool but also went to waste. Like... [HEAVY SPOILERS HERE]

Spoiler

The whole DLC underground area, the Abyss, or TWSITD.
Shambala literally blew out my mind the first time I saw it, just to never be mentioned again...? I mean come on, those dudes have ICBM in a medieval world, they literally nuked a castle, they basically are the biggest plot twist in any FE plot, and then they die like it's nothing just because some green-haired supersayan teacher said so?

Oh, and obviously, the full dubbed scenes, like in Echoes.
Even as a non-english native speaker, I can feel how good that english dub is.

Edited by Francis

It was a fine game, but having to do the same school phase 4 times got old quickly. You can circumvent it for two routes by saving before a split, but due to my own way of playing (house units only for VW, AM and CF. Recruiting everyone for SS) I had to do it the long way. 

Difficulty wise it was on the easier side, but I never touched maddening so I'm not the best to ask about how tough the game gets at it's hardest. 

Compared to the other FE games I'd put it in the lower mid alongside FE11 and FE6. Mostly because this game feels really repetitive in many aspects like: Low map diversity, having Garreg Mach Monastery as the base for all but 1 chapter, only 2 types of objectives on all maps (route or kill the boss with turn limits here and there to give the impression of spicing it up even when that's not the case).

Edited by Alexmender

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

only 2 types of objectives on all maps (route or kill the boss with turn limits here and there to give the impression of spicing it up even when that's not the case).

There's an small number of siege levels where you're supposed to prevent the enemy from reaching certain areas of the map...But it's on the easy side, from what I seen. All you have to do is retain an archer or two to kill off the pegasus knights as you push them back.

Yes, most people have opinions on Three Houses. It is very popular and well loved, especially among the more casual Fire Emblem audience who probably won’t have a Serenes Forest account. Now the popularity has since died down just a bit since release and its not hailed as the savior, though still loved. Yet is easier to hear the minority who thinks the game is kinda bad, and the even smaller minority who think it’s horrible. Though that applies to any popular game, really.

I was gonna say I’ve never really seen anyone who thinks it’s just fine but well, someone else here posted that so...

Three Houses is pretty aight. I liked it well enough. Even though I’ve only played through the Blue Lions route. I consider Three Houses to be above average, despite a lot of the things I didn’t like from it. 

In my opinion, It was a fantastic game. But once I finished each route once I struggle to want to replay it anymore. Due to the slog that the first half of the game is after multiple playthroughs.

I liked the story for the most part, but there were some areas I feel were missed opportunities. But based on your wording i'm guessing you want to avoid spoilers, so I won't list them here for that reason.

The characters were alright. But I wouldn't say its my favorite roster as a whole. But Claude is definitely in my top 5 favorite lords.

Edited by Faellin

I personally really didn't like TH very much at all, but it does make me vaguely optimistic for future FEs, since a lot of the mistakes that it made (IMO) were different than the mistakes previous ones did, so the series does seem to be willing to grow.

And welcome to the forest!

Like others have said, I feel it very much a “Quick Burn” kind of game. The first playthru and maybe even the second are really good, but each time after becomes more and more of a drag. It’s one of the very few that I have to force myself to playthru again. I feel it tries to middle lane to much, it wants to be both a “traditional” linear FE and a free form FE at the same time. 

Welcome to the Forest, PhantomThiefLuna!

3H was very enjoyable to me. Some things were lackluster and some things were really cool. But the good points outshine the bad ones for me hence my love for the game.

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

welcome, dude!

anyway, yes, i do have an opinion about 3H, and it's overall decenty positive
IMO 3H is a game with lots of very good aspects and just as many bad aspects: there are some flaws that i just can't overlook, but as i said my opinion on the game is positive overall, i just think it's very overrated, but even then, "overrated" is an extremely personal thing

Welcome!

I love Three Houses, but I do agree with some of the flaws. I think Three Houses in many ways was the greatest choice for FE on the Switch. It feels bold, but it's also clearly built on the shoulders of its predecessors. It's not perfect, but no FE game is. I don't think IntSys played things safe with FE, but looking forward, things can go even bolder.