Rating the songs in “Let The Bad Times Roll”

JAZ_2002

I finally got around to listening to the new album released by my favorite band, The Offspring. So I’ma just rate them cus why not. I’m bored.

Not to mention this is purely my own opinion. Y’all ought to give it a listen for yourselves and come up with your own conclusions :D!

Aaand these are subject to change upon further listens. 

Anyways:

Spoiler

- This Is Not Utopia — 8/10 — I’ve seen a number of people considering this one to be probably the best one in the album. I wouldn’t agree but it’s still a straight banger.

- Let The Bad Times Roll — 5.5/10 — At first listen, it was a pretty damn good song. But after constantly hearing it being used to promote the new album before it was released, it kinda lost it’s charm. Still a great song but I’ma deduct some points.

- Behind The Walls — 8/10 — I don’t really have anything interesting to say about this one. It’s just a really good song.

- Army of one — 6/10 — Conspiracy of One :O?? Really tho it’s not bad at all. I really like the bass line in this one. 

- Breaking These Bones — 7/10 — Yeah not much to say about this one either at the moment :(. Just a pretty good song.

- Coming For You — 9.5/10 — Ah yes. The very first one they released as a single back in like early 2015. But unlike Let The Bad Times Roll, it didn’t lose its charm. I love it. Been listening to it since it came out. But because of that it feels just a tad bit out of place in the new album but it’s not that big of a deal. Dunno why they changed the lyrics “Lights out, permanent snooze” to “Wolf pack’s tearing at you”. An odd change if you ask me.

- We Never Have S*x Anymore — 8.5/10 — Yet another one I saw/listened to way before the album was released. But this one was a leak :O. The music video was leaked in it’s entirety and I managed to watch like 1/4th of it before it was taken down. Or at least I think that’s how it went/happened. I usually really really dislike songs that have s*x as it’s main focus in the lyrics but this song just sounds way too good for he to hate it. I really like songs with this kind of style. It may not be all that punk but I ain’t complaining.

- In The Hall Of The Mountain King — 7/10 — It’s that song... but punk! Hahah it’s okay. I like it.

- The Opioid Diaries — 8/10 —  Previously known as “It Won’t Get Better”, this one was played early at a live event. I saw a recorded video but the audio quality was pretty poor so hearing it now is pretty neato.

Hassan Chop — 9/10 — Definitely one of my more favorite tracks on the album. Dunno if it surpasses Coming For You, however. That whispery part was pretty sick though.

Gone Away — 7/10 — Another cover of their song Gone Away. This one ain’t bad at all but I still prefer the Ixnay on the Hombre version. I think it still captures the same feeling, however, which is great.

Lullaby — 5/10 — Meh. It’s a part of Let The Bad Times Roll but sang kinda like a... lullaby :O!! Haha

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard that band but not much. I tried your favorite song from the album, "Coming For You." I'd rate it 5/10 for me. That means it didn't do anything for me but I didn't dislike it. I think if I listened to it more then it could go up to a 6/10 maybe because it's sort of fun sounding. The solo was my favorite part because it brought some "rowdy energy" with it. I didn't see the whole music video but I noticed it had brains smashing on the floor? I mean I definitely think the music video matched the music. It didn't seem serious but rather just out of control and entertaining.