If you could change a unit's weapon/move type, what would you do?

Change a unit's weapon type and/or movement type to make them better, more unique, or more accurate.

Assume for these purposes that changes you make are to that unit before they ever released. As in, they wouldn't waste anyone's investment in that unit.

Here's some changes I would make:

Duessel - Lance Cavalry to Axe Cavalry (seriously, wtf)

Python - Green Cavalry Bow to Blue Cavalry Bow (removes redundancy with Rath).

Julius - add Dragon to his unit type, allowing him to benefit from and provide dragon buffs. Treat his tome as a 2 range breath.

Panne - Blue Beast to Red Beast. F2P players have a glut of blue beasts to choose from and no reds.

Galle - Lance Flier to Sword Flier, with Light Brand as his prf.

Brave Edelgard - Armored Axe to Armored Colorless Tome 

Brave Lysithea - Red Tome to Green Light Tome (Abraxas)

Brave Claude - Flying Bow to Flying Sword (Sword of Begalta)

Brave Dimitri - Infantry Lance to Armored Lance

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

"Raven" because it has a sword (in art)...and his og class was merc... so where does he get that axe from? (i know feh is already full of generic sword users but c'mon)

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Julian - add Dragon to his unit type, allowing him to benefit from and provide dragon buffs. Treat his tome as a 2 range breath.

I was confused for a second there, but I'm guessing you mean Julius. I didn't know the old thief was hiding some scales. Hopefully that's something they do with his refine.

9 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I was confused for a second there, but I'm guessing you mean Julius. I didn't know the old thief was hiding some scales. Hopefully that's something they do with his refine.

Yep. Oops. Maybe we should get Fallen Dragon Julian for shits and giggles.

Here's hoping for such a refine to Julius.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

i'd change Lucius to either green or blue tome, and Valentine Ike to anything that isn't a sword, most likely a lance

Edited by Yexin

23 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

If anything, probably make Legendary Lyn a sword unit with Mani Katti (along with other changes). If she has to stay as a bow unit, then a colorless bow.

I always thought that Legendary Lyn should have been a red bow. Weapon called Sol Katti and Mulagir, and would have built in Close Counter with a special animation.

I'd probably make Legendary Lyn a sword unit with the Mani Katti. It's not the Sol Katti, but I feel like the Mani is really her true signature weapon. Dual effectiveness against armored and cavalry units (just like in her game), maybe a built-in Desperation + Slaying effect, and boom.

Can we change units' weapons within their weapon type? Because I really want to make regular Lyn have Mani Katti. And make regular Hector have Wolf Beil.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Can we change units' weapons within their weapon type? Because I really want to make regular Lyn have Mani Katti. And make regular Hector have Wolf Beil.

I mean, I guess if you want to. As long as it makes sense. If they wield that weapon in their game canonically (Hector with Wolf Beil), or if it makes enough sense in their game for them to use that weapon (ie: Titania with Urvan due to her strong sentimental attachment to Greil), I'd call it fair game.

julius to red tome armor, since it more so matches his geanology movement anyways [5mov compared to ishtars 6mov] and gives him a bit more bulk to work with. narcian to sword flying since thats what he specializes in in fe6. lucius to blue tome since he is basically the original light mage.

Under the unlikely assumption that he never gets a normal version or they add his son to correct this, Dheginsea to colorless breath. He's a Black Dragon laguz who fires ebony black breath (they even called his weapon Blackfire Breath). Putting aside the fact he's an alt-with-no-default, why did they make him red breath alongside Ena, who was part of the same event? A dragon-central event, no less?

Honestly, the only change I'd really "want" is Halloween Grima being a Colorless Breath unit, maybe make legGrima Blue if it matters.

Halloween Grima's only weakness is that she is colored. The colorless thing would make her even more evil.

Fallen Lyon as red or green armored beast. Would be forgiven if they make a Legendary or Mythic Lyon that is Fomortiis incarnate.

Duessel is an obvious waste as a lance cavalry. While it's true that lance cavalry is missing an option with mixed bulk, axe cavalry is just missing options period.

Summer Wolt should be a red cavalry bow, and Python should be a blue cavalry bow. It's silly that we already have 4 green cavalry bows, but none of any other non-colorless color.

Narcian should be a sword flier. We were already short sword fliers at launch, with 2 sword fliers, 4 axe fliers (and 2 more enemy-only axe fliers including Narcian), and 7 lance fliers.

Lucius should be a blue tome infantry. The Light tomes should have been in the game since day one with Linde and Lucius having them. While Julia probably also should have been blue, considering Naga's animation uses a blue magic circle, green was way better for game balance at the time, and it still is now since we still don't have that many dragon-effective green weapons.

Zelgius should be a red armor.

On 4/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, Fabulously Olivier said:

Julius - add Dragon to his unit type, allowing him to benefit from and provide dragon buffs. Treat his tome as a 2 range breath.

Giving him the ability to inherit dragon-exclusive skills is problematic from a technical standpoint if his weapon continues to be considered a tome. All skills restrictions in this game are exclusive restrictions, meaning even if he simultaneously counted as red tome and red dragonstone, he'd be ineligible for all skills the exclude either categorization. If they made his weapon type a red dragonstone proper, while range is technically a property of the weapon skill and not the weapon type, the range of a weapon type is stated in the weapon type's help text. His attack animations with inheritable dragonstones would also be janky unless they make him float like Sothe.

1 hour ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Under the unlikely assumption that he never gets a normal version or they add his son to correct this, Dheginsea to colorless breath.

I don't really see any reason to ever change a seasonal unit to conform to their "canonical" weapon. The entire point of seasonal units is to expand unit class diversity by putting them into a class they wouldn't normally be in.

And on that note, Halloween Ena really should not be a red dragonstone infantry. First off, red dragonstone infantry already has decent bulky options in Garon and Nah, but we're still missing a bulky green dragonstone infantry. That said, I can kind of see regular Ena being green. But only kind of.

And all that said, I still think it's a complete waste to have the Dragon Tribe be dragonstone units when we still only have one armored beast in the game, especially when the shared armored beast weapon effect is Distant Counter, which makes more sense for dragons than it does for lions.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Zelgius should be a red armor.

But he's already a red armor. I want this more than anyone. After almost 2 years since Zelgius was added, it's starting to feel like a pipe dream. Really, the only chance he has at adorning his red armor and gold cape once more is by getting either a Legendary alt or heading a Duo with Sephiran, or possibly Levail. And I pretty much am Levail as far as my fondness for Zelgy boy goes. At least I try not to gush too much.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't really see any reason to ever change a seasonal unit to conform to their "canonical" weapon. The entire point of seasonal units is to expand unit class diversity by putting them into a class they wouldn't normally be in.

I know he's just an alt, which they can do whatever they please. Really him not being colorless merely threw me off a bit, and he is still currently an alt-with-no-default (I'm totally coining this term 😛). Not that I'm terribly concerned. If nothing else, we agree that he and Ena shouldn't have both been red breaths.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

And all that said, I still think it's a complete waste to have the Dragon Tribe be dragonstone units when we still only have one armored beast in the game, especially when the shared armored beast weapon effect is Distant Counter, which makes more sense for dragons than it does for lions.

Indeed a missed opportunity to have dragons that function like magic beast units. Concerning the lions, I'm still surprised we got Caineghis before Skrimir. I expect we'll get Soan at some point, as we've got Dheg and Altina already.

On 4/29/2021 at 6:44 AM, Baron the Shining Blade said:

But he's already a red armor. I want this more than anyone. After almost 2 years since Zelgius was added, it's starting to feel like a pipe dream. Really, the only chance he has at adorning his red armor and gold cape once more is by getting either a Legendary alt or heading a Duo with Sephiran, or possibly Levail. 

I'm still hopefully we'll get this, I have about 2.4k orbs saved so far if this ever happens. I'm hoping we see him in his red armour as a legendary unit, I'm not really a fan of duo units.

9 hours ago, Zelgius said:

I'm still hopefully we'll get this, I have about 2.4k orbs saved so far if this ever happens. I'm hoping we see him in his red armour as a legendary unit, I'm not really a fan of duo units.

Damn that's a lot of orbs O_O"

Yeah, better a legendary alt than the potential risk of ending up the cohort of a duo--which would personally piss me off, especially if he actually has his red armor. And [as a legendary alt] while I'd prefer he still be a swordie to keep consistent with my dream team, I'd be fine if he used lances, since he technically could in Tellius.

Well if nothing else, at least he's finally getting a refine. 😄

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

4 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Damn that's a lot of orbs O_O"

Yeah, better a legendary alt than the potential risk of ending up the cohort of a duo--which would personally piss me off, especially if he actually has his red armor. And [as a legendary alt] while I'd prefer he still be a swordie to keep consistent with my dream team, I'd be fine if he used lances, since he technically could in Tellius.

Well if nothing else, at least he's finally getting a refine. 😄

Another interesting thing about him being a solo sword unit is that we would likely get a name for his sword he uses in RD, it's only seen in artwork and cutscenes so it would be a good opportunity to build some lore for that sword. Wishblade would be fine too, though I would like Levail to get that. I'm hoping we get a GHB Levail.

I hope his refine is good, there's definitely a few effects they could add to shore up some of his shortcomings. Some form of recovery would be nice.

Change Lucius to a blue tome.  That's pissed me off since he was released.  Maybe by now he'd at least have a meh prf and refine instead of being stuck as one of your dozen or so samey staff options.  Wow, he can be Pain/Savage Blow 6bot, only this time his attack is 1 point higher.  So exciting.

Make Lachesis/Nanna a Sword Cavalry with Earth Sword.  Or make Lissa an Axe Infantry with Bolt Axe.
Just make any non-5* healer something that isn't a healer.  Seriously, the entire class is a one trick pony with the rest being slightly above boring gimmicks and IS refuses to give individual ones anything unique unless they can profit off of it. (if you couldn't tell I have a lot of staff units I like and am miffed about.)

Make Chad a blue dagger so that you can have a trio with Red Raigh, Blue Chad and Green Lugh.  Python as blue bow cavalry as has been said (there needs to be more coloured bow/dagger f2p options in general)
Narcian as a Sword Flier, there's actually a lack of bulky ones (really just Ashnard I think? who was around 3 years later) and he's supposed to be sword user anyway but IS thought we didn't have enough Axe Fliers at launch with Beruka, Camilla, Cherche and Minerva compared to just Caeda and Palla.

And to expand on the previous point with Chad/Python: Make Norne Red and make Jamke Green.  Yeah I know Jamke came around the time of the first Green Bow (Legendary Lyn) but I don't care.  Gangrel should be Blue because the Levin Sword(now Dagger) uses Thunder.

Edited by Sayyyaka

At least one of Dream Corrins should be wielding either Blazing or Alpha Yato because they look amazing in fates.

New Year Hrid from Sword Flier to Axe Flier because New Year Gunthra exist.

Laegjarn from sword flier to Red/Green Dagger Flier, so that she no longer overlaps with her sister.

Finally Bunny Bruno, I tried very hard to use him but as f2p it's just hard to justify building him up when Brave Veronica exist. At least he comes with Dazzling so he still see some play during forging bond and Tempest trial. With all that muscle and stats he could be a solid defensive mage or physical attacker.