[FE8] Potential ROM hack in the works

Lexos

Hello Serene's Forest, My name is Lexos, and today I present to you my first rom hack beta.

This is my first Rom hack that I've ever made, and I am quite proud of it even though it is still very early on. It is only complete through the first chapter boss and I still plan on working on it. I would appreciate anyone who might play this hack's feedback on what you thought, both good and bad. I hope to get better at rom hacking and I would appreciate any criticism I can get on my first chapter.

Also I've only worked on this for 2 days so enjoy.

Thank you!

NEW VERSION DROPS TODAY BOYS, LOOK OUT FOR DAY 3 BETA UPS

Its here be warned it crashes entering the second chapterFire Emblem - day 3 beta.ups

Edited by Lexos
new version released

I'm gonna shove this into Concepts, because there's absolutely nothing posted on how this is different from the vanilla game.  Nor do I know how much has been modified.  I'll also make the title slightly more descriptive, so people know which game to use as a base.

Edited by eclipse

• eclipse changed the title to [FE8] Potential ROM hack in the works
7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm gonna shove this into Concepts, because there's absolutely nothing posted on how this is different from the vanilla game.  Nor do I know how much has been modified.  I'll also make the title slightly more descriptive, so people know which game to use as a base.

Thanks, I got back on to move it there after realizing that there was probably an actual category for it. Thanks you for moving it for me!

The portraits are reused and it only seems to cover the first chapter, but the eventing is pretty presentable so it's not bad at all for a first project made in two days.

The one chapter which is included is a bait-y, which is to expected for the start, I guess. I do like the concept of the forts here but I would probably make it a smaller map.

unknown.png

This is pretty funny.

10 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

The portraits are reused and it only seems to cover the first chapter, but the eventing is pretty presentable so it's not bad at all for a first project made in two days.

The one chapter which is included is a bait-y, which is to expected for the start, I guess. I do like the concept of the forts here but I would probably make it a smaller map.

unknown.png

This is pretty funny.

Thanks for the help! I accidentally deleted my opening the first time I made it so the eventing is a little off. I don't know what bait-y means, but your advice is greatly appreciated

also i'm trash at spritework, so custom character sprites probably aren't happening unfortunately

1 hour ago, Lexos said:

Thanks for the help! I accidentally deleted my opening the first time I made it so the eventing is a little off. I don't know what bait-y means, but your advice is greatly appreciated

also i'm trash at spritework, so custom character sprites probably aren't happening unfortunately

"Bait-y" meaning that you can lure the enemies out one at a time by using a unit who does well against them as "bait".

If you need some custom sprites, I recommend you check out this repository. These graphics are all "meant for" free use (there's nothing really stopping you from using assets which aren't), so while they have been used in other fangames, they'll at least be something different than reused official sprites.

12 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

"Bait-y" meaning that you can lure the enemies out one at a time by using a unit who does well against them as "bait".

If you need some custom sprites, I recommend you check out this repository. These graphics are all "meant for" free use (there's nothing really stopping you from using assets which aren't), so while they have been used in other fangames, they'll at least be something different than reused official sprites.

Thank you for sending me this resource, I'm sure it will come in handy. Some of the AI in the first map isn't working like I wanted it to, so I'm going to adjust it as well as the map today, All the help is greatly appreciated, and all thing considered, this hack is going better than I expected it to