Legendary Hero Battle - Sigurd: Fated Holy Knight

Some Jerk

And because I'm a terrorist, I'm going to commit the dreaded double post to stick my clear in here before I forget.

@Matrograde @BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @LordFrigid @Maaka @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan

♪ Friday night they'll be dressed to kill
Down at Arvis's bar and grill
The drink will flow, and blood will spill
And if the boys wanna fight, you better let 'em

No really, that quote from "The Boys Are Back In Town" by Thin Lizzy was literally my strat: after the meddlesome Bow Fighter was removed, just throw Balldigan directly into Sigurd's range and let them clash, Sigurd's full power and movement boost bullshit be damned. It's telling of how hard Sigurd hits given that Balldigan has 77 Def (thanks for the Unity fuel, Sabotage nerds!) and DR on the first hit and color advantage, but even then the cheat-charged Special was the only reason he went below half health -- watching 93 Atk translate to 0 damage is just hilarious.

I'm pretty sure Sigurd could've even been one-rounded if I slotted in Bonfire, but trying that caused the Lance Knight with Wary Fighter to attack first instead, blocking Sigurd's path. As I really didn't want a 4 MOV monster running around and getting that Special off after the enemies have had time to group around me, I erred on the side of caution.

Anyway, with the boss down on Turn 2, there was very little that threatened this team. Puddle running riot with Balldigan joined at her hip dismantled the lower half of the map, while Silvia and Leanne feasted on all of the magic users on the upper half. Not much else to say.

Really, this was the easiest Abyssal I've seen in a while; it took me longer to make the video than it did to clear. I bullied the Blue Bow at the end with Repel just because I could.

Edited by Some Jerk

Didn't bother with abyssal, as usual.

On infernal was able to beat the map with Guinevere, Shinon, and Soiree Reinhardt and Ishtar. Guinevere hard carried this team because she hit hard and could sit in front of any mage, and Shinon was nice for killing enemy fliers and that one archer near Sigurd.

@Some Jerk Great refresher clear! Dancer Eldigan really tanked that hard, only reason Sigurd could do anything was because he cheated. And Puddles didn't care for his damage reduction or triangle advantage when she took him out. Ninja Silvia was a treat as always too, she really got to cut up that blue bow at the end.

Young Tana gets to make her debut in a one turn clear!

And she's pretty nuts. This wasn't too hard, no really bad enemy positions. And doing it in one turn sidesteps the main difficulty element of crazy movement. In fact I did Infernal and Abyssal in one turn and then almost lost on Lunatic because I completely forgot about the movement stuff, eheh. Pretty happy I got to use all three Tanas for this clear.

@Some Jerk : Debuffs everywhere! Eldigan is very tanky. That cheating pre-charged special still couldn't finish him off. I really should try to get Unity skills too.

@BoaFerox: It's great seeing all the Tanas. It's even better seeing how you used Canto as part of your WoM strategies.

Here's my clear. I struggled a bit because I was trying really hard to get Camilla and Catria together on a team. Camilla could actually ORKO most of the mages, even the red one, but I couldn't get her to survive against the melee units as well. In the end, I just switched some units around and had the two Catrias demolish everything.

@XRay @Landmaster @Flying Shogi @Unknown Gamer11 @daisy jane @NSSKG151

Clearing the map in one turn worked out best for me since otherwise I would always get surrounded and die from all those dang ranged units and reinforcements.

@Alexmender Nice two turn clear with Hilda and Gang and one turn clear with Altina. I found it funny that you put the bare minimum skills required on Altina's team and still easily cleared it. 

@GuiltyLove Another great flier team clear. Both versions of Catria did well wiping things out with help from the girls with green tomes.

@BoaFerox
Little Tana did a good job with completely destroying Sigurd. That +9 Leif was also pretty cool. Its rare to see him without his prf galeforce skill.  Hope that last one merge is coming soon.

This map wasn't without its  troubles, but eventually team Orphan managed to clear this one too. This time with a extra baby instead of a babysitter. Sigurd and his Tyrfing weren't capable of mage tanking Raigh.

@Landmaster @Diovani Bressan @Maaka @SatsumaFSoysoy @Unknown Gamer11

Late posting, was a bit busy to leave all my comments yesterday.

A bit of tinkering needed but relatively easy one~

I actually had to remove Odd Recovery so I could bypass Sigurd's buffs with HS!Elise.

@Some Jerk - Looks like I will have to continue vicariously living through your Silvia since I couldn’t get a single Zihark in over 100 Orbs on the DSH Banner.

Very impressed with Eldigan just tanking Sigurd immediately. Azura has also been enjoying a lot more of an offensive role lately. Loving that Lull on her. That Repel abuse at the end was insanely hilarious.

@Alexmender - Tsubasa makes this a breeze with how many Horses were on the map, including nuking Sigurd himself so quickly. Those Galeforces made this way too easy.

The Altina clear was amusing to say the least, though Dominance does help reduce the need for broken Skills. Nice!

@BoaFerox - Triple Tana! Baby Tana makes those movement Shenanigans much easier to pull off, very nice! Hope we’ll be seeing more of her!~

@GuiltyLove - Impressive how easily Sigurd went down. Your OG!Catria is such a powerhouse. Heavy Blade 4 is awesome on her. V!Catria also impresses as usual with her nuking potential.

@NSSKG151 - Nice one turn clear with the Annas! They are incredibly resilient, I didn’t think it would be so smooth! Nice job!

@Sasori - A new smol boy has joined the battle.  Lyon’s a great addition to complete our smol boy weapon triangle. Plus they have great coverage. I was honestly scared with how backed up they got on Turn 5, but after that, well  Chad clearly had it all under control.

Initial clear was Lugh/Idunn again, but I wanted to try something out and ended up spending a lot longer than I should have trying to get it down to 2 turns.

Time for favorite redhead siblings again, showcasing a new build I've wanted to do on Ewan for a while. I still really wanna get 3 more copies to finish him, and then I may change his boon to +def. Newly refined Hinoka was mostly there for support, and helped get just enough stats to down everything on enemy phase of turn 2 (was coming 1 hp short on the blue cav). Mia was mostly there for just special denying and providing a tiny bit of chip.

@Some Jerk Dancer clear is impressive once again! Seeing that +29 defense on Eldigan was fun. Could he not have finished the blue archer at 6 HP on the second to last turn?

@Alexmender That second clear was kind of hilarious, I love it. First was also very nice and Tsubasa/Hilda had a lot of fun, I always like seeing mage Eirika too!

@BoaFerox Impressive Tana clear, good showcase for new mini-Tana and happy summer got to hop in for a kill too. Also neat seeing a different special on Leif. Good luck hunting to finish the little one!

@GuiltyLove The Catrias are always great together, and B!Miccy put in a lot of work too. Even if she didn't get in as much combat, at least Nino's also a really good support now too.

@NSSKG151 I see your Anna clear and raise you an (almost) all redhead clear! I really like how the kills were distributed evenly between the 3 Annas, great 1-turn!

@Sasori Hey, Lyon's not an orphan yet. Nice showing of him though, and as usual Chad the mad lad tanks like no tomorrow. I though about using Raigh to kill Sigurd, so glad someone else did it. He definitely put in work too, while it seems Lugh mostly played support.

@Landmaster Elise Emblem still unstoppable so far. Good call on the odd recovery there. Two quick questions: What was the music you used, and did Summer Elise get either of the two recent seasonal green tomes added to her collection?

Not that hard. When I saw Sigurd's high Def but low Res, I knew this was a job for Petrine.

@Some Jerk The dancers quad did a great job as always. Its incredible what you can do with these Heroes that have lower BST for being refreshers. Congrats!

@Alexmender Great videos. The first one was almost a one-turn... But you did one by abusing the cheat power. lol

@BoaFerox Young Tana already showing what a great galeforcer she is. Great video. I hope you get more copies of her during May.

@Sasori Lyon was a nice addition to the Young Heroes quad. Now the kids can go commit murder without an adult taking care of them. Nice job!

@Landmaster Extra Movement granted by Sigurd's Special? Oh please... Meet Elise's Gravity effect. Nice clear Landy! Always doing your best with the Elise + Mirabilis team.

@mcsilas@Maaka @DarkAlf @daisy jane

@Landmaster Gravity strategies made it so that the extra movement didn't even matter at all. Mirabilis took quite a beating protecting hot springs Elise, but it's good to see her in action!

@Unknown Gamer11 Those debuffs on the enemies shocked me. I did not know Ewan could be so sturdy! I wish I could give you mine because he pitybroke me when I was going for Spring Palla 😛 

@Unknown Gamer11 - The music is VS Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I have it linked in the Description of the video~

S!Elise did get V!Alfonse’s Tome but I held off on P!Tharja’s. It’s good but a bit too situational to be spending Orbs on. Alfonse being a 4* Focus was more lenient.

Nice work with your Ewan! He’s really enjoying his own Valentine’s Tome, I see. Very impressive work!

@Diovani Bressan - Good choice with Petrine and the Slaying Hammer on V!Alm. Much easier to get rid of Sigurd by attacking his Res.

@Landmaster
I was wondering if the Elise's would have trouble with 4 move Sigurd and his hatred of range units, but I should't have. Gravity kept him busy and I forgot there where anti cav daggers. Cool job

Having all four colours was the reason I went with Lyon this time around. And yeah the map really turned around when I found out that shoving Chad into the enemy line was a good way to keep them busy.

@Unknown Gamer11
Thats one spicy Ewan. Unity blooms is a great (and rare) tome for the cc build and every other skill is top noth too. Hope those last merges come soon.

I briefly considered close foil on my Ewan since I have yet to make him work. Sadly I haven't gotten that skill yet and my Ewan count is still on one. 

And thanks. Raigh was the first unit that came to mind when I saw this battle. One shotting was a bit more tricky then I thought, but I got there eventually.

@Diovani Bressan
Petrine is a pretty neat choice to take out Sigurd. Not only does the damage reduction not work from up close, but Petrine also just likes to set people on fire. I'm almost surprised to see Freyja with her nightmare horn. Usually in galeforce clears I see her with the earlier version. So cool to see she was set loose.

6 hours ago, Sasori said:

I'm almost surprised to see Freyja with her nightmare horn. Usually in galeforce clears I see her with the earlier version. So cool to see she was set loose.

She was there to tank foes in Enemy Phase. For that, her Prf weapon with Damage reduction and DC is pretty much needed. To trigger Galeforce and enter in WoM range, earlier version is better.

@Landmaster The Elise team had no trouble tearing through Sigurd's army. Inflicting Sigurd with gravity was a smart way of stopping him from moving anywhere.

@Unknown Gamer11 Nice clear!! It was nice seeing Ewan take zero damage from Sigurd.

Edited by NSSKG151
Tagged wrong person

Got some free time now, so let's do some comments! I wish I had the time to answer to older clears, but guess RL doesn't work that way, haha. 

@NSSKG151 Wow, the Anna team really went and 1 turned this map like it was nothing. I still can't believe that Heroes Anna can put so much work despite having no access to merges, but here we are. Great clear! Also, you tagged me instead of Landmaster by mistake, haha.

@Landmaster Sigurd's trick was demolished by OG!Elise, and in turn his map just crumbled to pieces in a second. The Elise squad is as deadly as ever and made this map look like a Hard BHB. Amazing! 

@Unknown Gamer11 Your Ewan & Tethys are really amazing! I didn't know Tethys could deal so much damage without Broadleaf Fan (and she has Fortress Def Res to boot!). Ewan is surprinsingly really tanky, he took a hit from the fridge like a champ and then blew Sigurd away like nothing!

@Diovani Bressan Slaying Hammer GF Duo Alm, now that's something you don't see everyday. Petrine tends to talk about charred meat or something and well...guess she'd get along with Arvis seeing how easily she destroyed Sigurd. Even without the transformation, Freyja finished the last 2 mooks easily. Great clear!

@Some Jerk Babzura sure stole the show there. Impressive.

@Alexmender Yeah, I figured Tsubasa would be able to destroy Sigurd. Once the lance cav couldn't kill anyone it was over.

@BoaFerox Canto sure is helpful for positioning. Any luck on more Tana merges?

@NSSKG151 Well that's certainly rare for you. Was surprised that lance Anna tanked Sigurd's special so well.

@Sasori A new kid joins, hm. And with really good coverage too for this team. Maybe he'll be a regular from now on? The Ruse + Smite maneuver was pretty cool to break out of that blockade.

@Landmaster Well, Gravity is certainly something. Can't move four spaces when you get locked down like that. I didn't really think about that before clicking the vid, but I guess that was a breeze in the end. Little girls put big Crusader man in jail.

@Unknown Gamer11 Damn, that was a wash. Ewan just facetanking like that was definitely not what I was expecting. Smart to use HMia.

@Diovani Bressan Ooh, Petrine. Very nice. There's something funny looking about Alm with a Hammer.

@Hilda I was wondering if Sharena would just tank Sigurd on turn 1, but I guess that would've been too much to ask. She still did pretty well against him and the other enemies.

@Maaka

I got stuck in essay hell for the past two weeks (7 short ones and 1 long one, fun) and I finally got time to breathe a few days ago. I had a bunch of other stuff to catch up on so I put this on hold for a little bit, but here I am. Sorry about the other maps I didn't reply to, but to be honest there's a limit to how entertaining some of those really easy BHBs can get. Anyway, here's my super late Sigurd vid.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

On 4/29/2021 at 1:54 AM, GuiltyLove said:

It's great seeing all the Tanas. It's even better seeing how you used Canto as part of your WoM strategies.

I think Canto wasn't actually necessary for this particular clear. I could have just attacked the bow fighter and Sigurd from the left and ended up in the same spot... but using Canto looks more stylish lol.

Very nice use of Catrias from you! Her getting the brave hit on Sigurd for the kill was pretty satisfying. 

@Sasori Oo, Lyon slots nicely into this team. He's really useful, even though he's spooked me quite a bit while aiming for Tana merges. The rest of the kids are strong as usual too, nice clear!

@Landmaster Nice clear! Nice to see how Elise actually counters this well with Gravity stuff. And the Bladetome and such is effective as usual in ripping apart the rest. And yeah, you'll definitely see more of this Tana from me!

@Unknown Gamer11 Great two turn clear, I really like the units used here! The siblings make such a good team, and that Ewan set looks great. Impressive how he dealt with Sigurd so fast!

@Diovani Bressan Nice one turn, Petrine is coming along nicely. Very good unit for maps like this. Well done!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Canto is almost too convenient, at least it can't generally be used with Wings of Mercy or it would truly be silly for one turns. It wasn't actually necessary on this map though, but the stat penalty from Trace is nice, so might as well do fancy movement too then lol. Haven't gotten any more merges at the time of writing, but I'm hoping to get one more at least. And nice, efficient clear! Winter Hilda looks so nice, wouldn't mind collecting merges on her myself... but there's a little too much other stuff on my agenda now.

On 4/28/2021 at 6:33 PM, Alexmender said:

Way too easy. 

There's also a cheesy clear with the usual Duo Suspects

Wow.

And here I am still unable to do the Lunatic one.

Pretty easy abyssal. The only tricky part was handling Sigurd's large movement. Used LeDimitri, BrEdie, FJullia amd Mira. Originally used Bramimmond instead of Julia however way too many foes had middling spd so Julia was better.

I used Edelgard to to bait out foes and tank until Sigurd moved, Dimitri with Galeforce and Julia with her nuking powers killed the ones that remained. When Sigurd moved Dimiri killed him and used galeforce and his large movement to move to safety as he only had 2 Hp afterwards and Edie became a wall that protected the him and Julia. She has a near save so after Julia killed some dangerous ranged ones with Mira's help, she tanked everything and the next turns were simply chasing the ones that had escaped.