(FE8) FEBuilder lingering conversation boxes

Lexos

I have been making a Rom hack, and have experienced an issue where textboxes after conversations don't disappear after the conversation ends. They only disappear when the next conversation starts, or the chapter itself starts. This is strangely only happening in the first half of my event, and I don't know what's causing it because it just started out of seemingly nowhere.

If anyone else has had this problem while working with FEBuilder please tell me a fix or workaround. Thanks!

Hello all! I found a solution to my problem here, What it was is that when you move a portrait in a conversation it is registered as them saying something. Since the portraits in my cutscene moved after they spoke, the textbox stayed even after the conversation ended. The solution to this was making a characters spoken text happen after they move, or simply removing the character moving in the conversation.

image.png.2512ff1cadc8904819e884e1e1021bbe.png

Edited by Lexos
Found a solution to the problem

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The best way to solve this would to show a picture of your event so we can sort out what should and shouldnt be there.

Thanks for the advice, I updated the post with an image of the event

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I assume it is in your conversation where the issue is, could I see the talk conversation?

These are the 3 conversations that are having problems, One of them didn't fit so I put it in source text, but they are all having the same problem. I'm pretty sure it's not something in the conversations because they were working correctly before, with no adjustments made to them.

image.png.cc58c6007d1bf1a56d6ad95cfa78d8d7.pngimage.png.a59c94e62ce047bd2497f4109be0e63f.pngimage.png.21966ec23a8b6d48a6cbf8588ae5c9c9.png

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Try a different dialogue calling code. 

As I'm not currently at my computer right now, I cant test it out, sorry.

Got it, I'll try that out, hopefully it will fix it.

If it doesn't work, I'll continue on in the hack and come back to it later

2 minutes ago, Lexos said:

Got it, I'll try that out, hopefully it will fix it.

If it doesn't work, I'll continue on in the hack and come back to it later

If you cant figure it out, if I get a chance I can take a look.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

If you cant figure it out, if I get a chance I can take a look.

I figured the problem out, no need to go through and check it. I put the solution in the original post If you wanted to see what the problem and workaround was.

Changing the address of the text revealed a couple new things about the problem. The event works fine with any text that isn't one of those 3 conversations. I tried changing it back and forth, removing and adding it, and checking the source text for any possible problems, but no dice. Ill put a UPS of the rom hack here when you get a chance to check it out. The event is the starting event of the 00 The Fall of Renais map.

Thank you If you do decide to check it outFire Emblem - Lexos day 3.ups

Edited by Lexos

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, I totally read the issue wrong, haha! 

I thought you were having an issue transitioning the event from the text. I apologise for my misunderstanding.

I was definitely partly in the wrong with my explanation. It's one of those problem that's difficult to describe without seeing it, and I am quite new to events so my explanations are a bit...

not very good.

I'm planning on putting out a new beta for my rom hack tonight though if you wanted to try it, It encompasses the full prologue and part of chapter 1. I'll throw a link to the post in this comment when it's ready if you do decide to try it.

Thank you so much for the help with fixing this text problem! without it there would likely be no new version today.