FE Echoes Character "Palette" editing? (hex)

Elgray

Hello there! 

Finally got around to playing Echoes, and have been having a blast! I recently hacked in Fernand and Berkut as playable characters as well (courtesy of this thread), but when you reclass them with the pitchfork, they use the generic blue palette for all of the class options, it seems. Which makes sense, of course.

I'd like to edit the game so that Berkut uses Kliff's palette (black) and Fernand uses Randal's (light green. somewhat close, I would guess). 

Now, I have found a breakdown of character blocks from the SAVE data...

...but as you can see, no place for palettes here. Which means that the data is most likely within the game file itself, not the save data. I'm theorizing that the game uses pointers that point to which texture to apply for each character, so I'm hoping it's just a simple matter of changing the newly inserted Fernand and Berkut units to use the desired colors. Of course, it might be more complicated than that for all I know, with the textures actually hard-coded into each character, but I really don't have much to go off of.

So, does anyone have any info on this? I can make hex edits if I know where to look.

Thanks!

Edited by D.K. Durand

If its anything like Awakening/Fates, I would guess that their armor is assigned to an ID of sorts , and it calls it when said character is X class or whatever the conditional is. 

I don't know much about Echoes data, though and this is just a guess.

Above post has it right - 3DSFE doesn't use palettes anywhere. The files under the asset folder in the ROM tell the game how to build a character from a set of models, textures, etc. It's not difficult to edit these with Paragon:

Capture.PNG.e536b51691d824b602f9baaa21407d45.PNG