Finished my first Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light run!

Vondervent

I took almost 1 year to finish this one, and I will tell y'all why: this run lasted just as much as pretty much anything in this game. The "old school" enviroment is godly, but the lack of 'polishment", that being, "the facility of doing shit", is a handicap to me. And with the nice exception of the final map, I hated all the songs, they are so annoying and well, noisy... My desire was to mute it and put some Gaiden ost on. And like, Gaiden is easily one of the best Fire Emblem ost wise and it's from NES too, so I won't just take the semi-headaches I had as "console limitations". 

That being said, I am very proud to announce I have finished Fire Emblem 1, and definitely have no regrets of having such experience which, at the end of the day, wasn't that bad.

Score: 4/10.

Since I'm a huge fan of listing, I will tell y'all my 5 favorite units (based on how much I LIKED them, and I'm not even really talking about utility):

1- Vyland. 

2- Est.

3- Marth.

4- Merric.

5- Caeda.

I also enjoyed Camus, Ogma, Jagen, Tiki and Jeorge a lot!

Fin.png

Edited by Vondervent

22 hours ago, Vondervent said:

Now I will play FE3b1, wish me luck!

Enjoy the game, I know that FE3 has a LOT more polish than 1, but I've never played it myself.

Hopefully the music will sound a lot better when it's not played on a console with power comparable to a static charged potato

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 2:32 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I downloaded FE1 on the Switch, but never could get through it. The design is so archaic, even relative to the SNES titles. Congratulations, though, and good luck in FE3!

I agree, the Blade of Light is actually my least favorite entry in the series exactly because its mechanics are quite outdated. As I said, I don't regret finishing my first and probably only run, but I do envy you for having the switch version, I think yours is much prettier and it's such waste to don't play at least once to experience a good and OLD game! 

On 4/30/2021 at 11:13 PM, Lexos said:

Enjoy the game, I know that FE3 has a LOT more polish than 1, but I've never played it myself.

Hopefully the music will sound a lot better when it's not played on a console with power comparable to a static charged potato

I did enjoy it, thank you! It's just as you said, Mystery of the Emblem's mechanics are much more comfortable to work with, beyond comparison, in fact. And since you didn't play it, I will tell you that much, I enjoyed FE3b1 much more than I enjoyed FE1, and would recommend it to any Fire Emblem fan. 

About the music, ngl I do prefer FE1 one. Gotoh's theme really grew on me, it's such a mysterious and powerful one, a power the SNES version kinda had, but not as much. 

On 6/6/2021 at 11:38 AM, Vondervent said:

I did enjoy it, thank you! It's just as you said, Mystery of the Emblem's mechanics are much more comfortable to work with, beyond comparison, in fact. And since you didn't play it, I will tell you that much, I enjoyed FE3b1 much more than I enjoyed FE1, and would recommend it to any Fire Emblem fan. 

About the music, ngl I do prefer FE1 one. Gotoh's theme really grew on me, it's such a mysterious and powerful one, a power the SNES version kinda had, but not as much. 

Ill be sure to give the game a spin soon, It sounds like it should be fun