Build a Forrest Workshop

Tsukihime

I just got done with Conquest Lunatic (which was a rollercoaster to say the least), during which I found out the wonders of Corrin!Ophelia, sol ninjas and skill stacking in general. Shoutout to zoran on youtube for that. Now I’m planning for a second play through of Conquest Lunatic and I wanted some opinions on a build I had in mind for Forrest which was inspired how amazing my Ophelia was. I realize Forrest probably won’t be able to compare to the holiness that is Ophelia but i’m honestly just doing this for fun. 

Firstly I planned for his mother to be +Magic -Strength Corrin. According to this fates calculator I use, his individual growth rates will be as such: 50hp/25str/57.5mag/27.5skl/42.5spd/35lck/27.5def/42.5res

It seems he’ll struggle quite a bit with hitting the right side of a barn, but hopefully those luck growths from Troubadour and Strategist will help that. As for inheritance I wanted to have Leo pass down vantage from A+ with Odin, and I’m open to suggestions for Corrin. As for skills, so far I wanted Elbow Room from A+ with Siegbert, , Quick Riposte from S with Soleil, Malefic Aura, and maybe heartseeker with inheritance from Corrin for the last two.  Along with his personal Fierce Counter I believe this setup will make him an absolute monster against male enemies during ep. I’d like some thoughts on what I could do to improve it though, or if you even believe this setup will work. 

The effective growth rates are one thing to consider [1], but probably more important are its averages and caps. [2]

Forrest has no Skill and low Luck, and plays like Elise, who relies on forged Fire tomes. On the other hand, part of Ophelia's sex appeal is that she lands critical hits like crazy. He will need Speed boosters to double, and he has worse availability, for Ophelia can always be recruited around Chapter 12, but he appears around Chapter 20.
(If you allow DLC, you may want to play "Before Awakening" six times right after Chapter 14, so that Forrest is available immediately after recruiting his father and you can enjoy him longer.)

Vantage sounds fun but it is useless on Player Phase units. Elbow Room or Quick Riposte would cost you 4.000 Gold each, they are not worth it. Not to mention that there is no reason for a magician to Support a Paladin during battle.
Make him a Sorcerer and grab Dragon Fang or Draconic Hex from his mama. Befriend Ophelia to increase their attack bonuses.

1. https://soapy4159.github.io/ferevpairings/
2. https://zekareisoujin.github.io/FEFatesStatCalc/

Edited by starburst

Those two calculators you linked are actually the ones I've been using, but thanks anyway. 

Also this this build is supposed to work for enemy phase, hence quick riposte, fierce counter and vantage. I also think that while you're right about part of Ophelia's appeal being crits, it's definitely not what makes her as good as she is, what with all of her best mothers giving her terrible skill. I think most people agree that what makes Ophelia good is her high magic, high speed, easy access to damage stacking skills, and then her crit chance. Forrest has an even higher individual magic growth than Elise!Ophelia as long as he has Corrin as a mom. Furthermore if you can get him into the Dark Mage class before promotion he may actually have a chance of eclipsing her in magic. I'll have to check later.

I can too see where you're coming from with the sealing expenses and what not, but this game honestly gives more friendship seals than needed, and it's not like you have anyone else to spend them on aside from Leo, Selena, and maybe Xander or Camilla? and better yet I could wait until after he gets elbow room to seal him into a dark mage so I won't really have to seal back. 

I also just might pass down quick ripostle myself from friendship with Selena...

Also Siegbert and Forrest could always do attack stance shenanigans to get supports.

What do you think?

Edited by Tsukihime

I thought about enemy phase vantage Forrest, basically just due to his personal skill being kinda useless on  mage without vantage. Honestly, the build you wanna do sounds like a nightmare to set up. Siegbert comes really late and you need 5 chapters on top of that to get the A+, plus you need to actually feed Forrest a level to get elbow room, and by the time you're doing that you're in some really hard chapter. Similar deal with the getting strong riposte. You also have to manage your supports really well to get the A+ with Odin and S with Corrin in the minimum number of chapters. In principal, you can do it, but it isn't going to be easy. 

Oh yeah, I know it's going to be hard managing supports. I tend to save most of my paralogues for chpater 18-19 however so hopefully that will save me. 

Edited by Tsukihime

2 hours ago, Tsukihime said:

Also this this build is supposed to work for enemy phase, hence quick riposte, fierce counter and vantage.

I get it, I just believe that you would have to make calculations on every turn of every map. If Forrest does not one-hit, he will get hit, and he has relatively low Defence and low HP. And in order to one-round, you must first ensure that he can double. If he triggers Vantage, he will already be at half of his HP, meaning that he will most likely endure one more hit. And if you use him on Enemy Phase against enemies that he can already tank (like magicians), he will be a very expensive Ninja or Adventurer.

In any case, go for it. It should work, it is just not the way I play. But I am interested in seeing how effective this build is. Keep us posted and have fun. 😊

Okay, if you have the right expectations, it could work. iirc Elise!Ophelia needs about 15 damage stack from skills to hit late game kill thresholds. Magic boon Corrin!Forrest's magic cap would be 2 higher, so he just needs 13, which if you factor in his personal winds up effectively being 11. You can get that from elbow room, strong riposte, and tomefaire from Corrin and have room for heartseeker. So there's not much reason that this can't work. I think to make it even better, you could run both Elise!Ophelia with Trample from Percy and this Forrest, and have two vantage sorcerers. That could be fun

2 hours ago, starburst said:

I get it, I just believe that you would have to make calculations on every turn of every map. If Forrest does not one-hit, he will get hit, and he has relatively low Defence and low HP. And in order to one-round, you must first ensure that he can double. If he triggers Vantage, he will already be at half of his HP, meaning that he will most likely endure one more hit. And if you use him on Enemy Phase against enemies that he can already tank (like magicians), he will be a very expensive Ninja or Adventurer.

In any case, go for it. It should work, it is just not the way I play. But I am interested in seeing how effective this build is. Keep us posted and have fun. 😊

You are so right about me going to have to make calculations for every turn! However it won't be too bad though. I've found that Forrest inherits pretty respectable HP from Leo though. Also thanks for your support and kind words! I'll definitely be sure to keep you updated! 

2 hours ago, Mousefire said:

Okay, if you have the right expectations, it could work. iirc Elise!Ophelia needs about 15 damage stack from skills to hit late game kill thresholds. Magic boon Corrin!Forrest's magic cap would be 2 higher, so he just needs 13, which if you factor in his personal winds up effectively being 11. You can get that from elbow room, strong riposte, and tomefaire from Corrin and have room for heartseeker. So there's not much reason that this can't work. I think to make it even better, you could run both Elise!Ophelia with Trample from Percy and this Forrest, and have two vantage sorcerers. That could be fun

Oh that's great! Instead of using Elise!Ophelia though I wanted to test the waters and go with a Life and Death Sorcerer Leo build...