May's Mythic Hero: Original Recipe or Classic Hero? Only Time Will Tell

tfhynx1f4wv61.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Greeting Summoners!  Lol I thought I had one more day, but it's now May (i didn't mean to rhyme). I hope Golden Week was blessings upon you and let's get cracking on this. Sigurd was our newest hero for Wind- and he will be back with his son Seliph and Lilina in July so if you haven't gotten him yet (or on the fence) you have a few more days until then. Eir is also in July, Thrasir is in August and Celica along with Chrom is starting to be pushed out further and Further - she won't be back until September. Duma and Mirabilis are in October. Don't be surprised if Marth/Tiki (November), and Eirika/Lucina (January 2022) are removed off the main Legendary rotation and shifted into remixes.

We still have Golden Week stuff going on, more likely expecting Fallen Heroes and per usual brides (leading up to the summer bonzana banners) so the onslaught of orb stashes and wallets will continue. Let's look if May's Mythic banner will be one of them, shall we? We have an empty slot in every colour which makes this difficult to predict. We have had back to back colour heroes before (Hrid/Eirika, Altina/Lif). We do have 2 reds (and two months where red is not full), so that catches up red beautifully, so they might take advantage of that. Blue is the backlog (still), but it doesn't mean the hero can't be in blue. Lately the returning hero earmarked the colour of the newest hero so it very well be a Colourless hero as Claude returns for the first time.

Mythic Prediction

Red
Eliwood (death blow 4, rally spd/res+, chill atk)
Roy (bonus doubler 3, renewal )
?????

Red isn't super strong. While Eliwood is still great support, the fodder possibilities aren't really all of that. So we could go one of two ways. Azelle (rally up spd+, spd/res ruse, r duel infantry 4, joint hone spd) could be there as the juicy fodder pinata to entice you to do some red pulls, or they can throw in Annand (unbound blade+ (solo condition -atk/def 5 and neutralize foes bonuses to those stats), sturdy impact, guard bearing). I think we'll see Annand first. 

Blue
Azura 
(blue duel flying 3, aerobatics, atk tactic) 
Peony (blue duel flying 3, aerobatics, fortify res 4 ) 
???

It's either going to be Ronan  (rally spd/res+, swift stance 3, joint drive spd) or Erinys  (harsh command+, blue duel flying 4, chill atk/spd 2, atk/def rein) - it would just depend if Ronan found himself on a heroes w/banner. So prepare for Ronan as the third if you were going for the blue flying bonkers dancers (or the Mythic obviously)

Green
Triandra (atk spd push 4, aerbatics, spd/res rein)
Freyja (atk/spd solo 4, pulse smoke)
???

Dedue (steady stance 3, steadfast axe+ (within 2 spaces gain +5 atk/def, neutralize those stats penalties to unit) theoretically could come here. he is the next in line even though it is only two months. Green only has 1 more hero after Dedue, (which is Pent, whom i'd argue we'd see in July, not June), so it is in the realm of possiblity we see a Green Repeat here (as green is pretty empty down the road, even accommodating for Triandra in one month, and Freyja in the other). A wildcard hero would be Brave Edelgard (distant ward, joint drive res). We do tend to see brave heroes on these banners around this time, even though we just had a golden week and people voted in CYL 4 as the May's revote. Rinkah (distant foil, wrath, even def. wave 3)  or Fallen Lyon (bonus double 3, null disrupt, rouse atk/res 3) can also be a candidate. it really just depends. 

Colourless
Claude
(atk/spd catch 4, spd/def rein)
Corrin (distant counter, shield pulse 3, joint drive atk)
????

We could see the hero here or an appearance of Brave Claude  (fury 4, chill spd/def2, atk/spd rein) or Brave Camilla (atk/spd push 4, wrathful staff, atk tactic) . I don't see Leila (rally atk/spd+, life and death 4 atk/def ruse, atk smoke) showing here just yet. Again- with CYL 4 winning re-spark, do they give us so many shots at Brave Claude? Unsure. 

So where does the hero fit in? I'd argue colourless if not green - and something something IntSys patterns, the last little while as mentioned before the returning hero usually has the newest mythic/legend in their pool. That means we're looking at a colourless mythic.  

Who? We could see Asherea (Or Ashunera? I think her name is?) finally show up here. I know everyone has been clamouring for Athos and he is a strong possibility. Medeus is long over due. I don't see it being any OC this month, unless they really wanna shove Nott in there (blue?), and way too early for Eitiri. So I'll say - prepare for colourless, and hope your back up colour has something good in it. 

Legendary Remix

This is what made predicting the last green so difficult because i think one of those whom i mentioned will be the colour share with Gunnthra and Robin.. Red could have Fallen Ike, Fallen Julia  or Say'ri  (those were the closest to Kris, who was chosen on the last remix). And who knows what blue is (sorry, these are too new to really guestimate).

Re-Spark 
please remember that this month's re-spark banner is CYL 4 (honestly, i know people picked this for merges and a guaranteed spark, but i think just waiting for hero fest/3 person banner would have been better, but the people spoke). I dont think (I won't expect) 4 sparks to be on this banner.... it would be kinda crazy if it were though. Check twitter for the next banners (which would be Jill, and I am pretty sure Flayn/Shamir's banner so... interesting).

Revivals
May 2nd: Exalt Chrom, Maribelle, Sumia 
May 9th: Ike, Brave Ike, Mist
May 16th: Lene, Ishtar, Male Grima
May 23rd: Lucina, Brave Lucina, Julia ('s 2nd appearance)
May 30th: Brave Celica, Brave Veronica, Brave Ephrarim('s 2nd appearance) 

that's all for now. Hope this helps and see ya next month!

17 hours ago, daisy jane said:

We could see Asherea (Or Ashunera? I think her name is?) finally show up here.

There is both Ashera and Ashunera. Well, sort of.

Though my prediction is going to be Anankos. If not him, Medeus.

Edited by Florete

To clarify - Asheruna is the goddess who split into Ashera and Yune. She returns in a bonus ending, but her role is much smaller than the others, I wouldn't expect her to be added before Ashera.

I'm not sure how tempted I would be for the new Mythic if it isn't Nott. I tried for Seiros initially because I like the character, but she wasn't the most broken thing to go for. The July banner looks really good though, since I'm not summoning on the current Legendary banner, a chance at getting Sigurd and Lilina gain will be nice.

In regards to Nott, I'd say signs are more pointing to her being Book V's midpoint Mythic than showing up here. Aside from blue being very unimpressive on this May banner, June noticeably has two open slots on Blue at this point. If Nott is the midpoint Mythic, then precedent suggests that she'll be on that June Legendary banner (which will also feature Dagr coincidently). 

Also, I'm pretty sure IS won't be confident enough in Tatiana to carry an Echoes banner (the most likely game to get saddled with the midpoint treatment this time) if they weren't confident enough in Silque. That, and Tatiana is literally that game's only remaining female unless IS reaches for shit like Irma Nuibaba or Sonya's sisters (both of which are options that scream gimmick red tome "GHB" anyways).

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Also, I'm pretty sure IS won't be confident enough in Tatiana to carry an Echoes banner (the most likely game to get saddled with the midpoint treatment this time) if they weren't confident enough in Silque. That, and Tatiana is literally that game's only remaining female unless IS reaches for shit like Irma Nuibaba or Sonya's sisters (both of which are options that scream gimmick red tome "GHB" anyways).

why would Tatiana have to be the carry?
Pent was the star of this banner, it wasn't Louise or Farina.

23 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

why would Tatiana have to be the carry?
Pent was the star of this banner, it wasn't Louise or Farina.

It doesn't have to be, she's just the most likely choice in my opinion. 

Though past Tatiana, these are the remaining playable characters: Atlas, Deen, Jesse, Kamui, Luthier, Mycen, Nomah, and literally Camoo again.

In other words, Echoes is also kinda fucked on the male side too despite having options there. I would consider Luthier as a headliner.....if they didn't just saddle Erk (who had similar numbers to Luthier in CYL5) with the demote slot on the FE7 banner.

39 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

SoV Catria has set precedence for SoV Palla and Est to come in.

32 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I've lost all faith in IS about delivering Mythic Heroes that aren't OCs. But I still hope this month's isn't an OC.

It's likely that this month's Mythic is colorless and there aren't any current OCs for that. Nott, Freyr, and Fafnir are blue, Otr is green, Eitri is unknown but it's likely too early for her. If not colorless it wouldn't be too crazy to see a green this month, so we could theoretically get Otr, but from what I know (I don't really follow the story) it's probably also too early for him unless this month's story chapter opens the way for that.

Nott will probably come at a midpoint banner like Mirabilis did last year, Freyr will probably come in July, and the rest are too early to predict.

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

SoV Catria has set precedence for SoV Palla and Est to come in.

They don't need to bother continuing that (and really shouldn't because screw giving Est another alt she doesn't deserve) with the next Echoes banner when Nott is an option (and will sell more than either of those two anyways, even if it's just because of Pathfinder alone),

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They don't need to bother continuing that (and really shouldn't because screw giving Est another alt she doesn't deserve) with the next Echoes banner when Nott is an option (and will sell more than either of those two anyways, even if it's just because of Pathfinder alone),

I really don't care whether they do or not, just pointing out that Tatiana isn't the only playable female from SoV left, by IS' own standards.

It's already been said here, but yeah, I'm predicting Anakos. I'm still waiting for Freyr, but Anakos has been a good option for a while, too, and I'm feeling that it may finally be his time.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

In regards to Nott, I'd say signs are more pointing to her being Book V's midpoint Mythic than showing up here. Aside from blue being very unimpressive on this May banner, June noticeably has two open slots on Blue at this point. If Nott is the midpoint Mythic, then precedent suggests that she'll be on that June Legendary banner (which will also feature Dagr coincidently). 

Yeah, I feel like Nott + Echoes for June is a pretty strong bet. With Eitri turning out to be a villain and Dagr already in the game, Nott is the only one who seems like a current candidate for a Mirabilis-like role.

I'm betting on that lineup being Dagr, Tatiana, Zeke, and Luthier, plus Mycen as the quest unit and either Rudolf or Jedah as the GHB.

This Mythic is 100% Dark and colorlesss unless IS throw a curveball which its unlikely.

1)Mythics are only useful on Aether Raids and Myolnis Strike so IS wants to them to be attractive which thats why they usually put them with the first rerun hero and this months is Claude so I'm positive its Colorless.
2)Dark is the only blessing missing giving their extra slot.
Now who that dark colorless be? We can cross out Ashera due lore, those who played RD will know why and Yune being dark. So who else is missing? Maybe we will see Anakos, Formottis, Medeus or someone else that can fit.

Fun fact to note. Offensive blessing Astra and Light have Reginn(Red) and Dagr(Green) which are FEH OCs and defensive has Seiros(blue) as OC which that's another reason why next mythic is colorless and dark to fill missing color and match OC on defensive.

Anyway, by the look on July blue is the most attractive with an open spot so far which Nott can be there also and having green legendary on June or they could throw blue legenday, Nott on June and Feyr on July, giving three blue units so close to each other doesnt look appealing but who knows!

Colorless would be nice, I'd love to get them color-sharing with Claude. With Ashera not making sense in Dark, Medeus would be my favorite option, and we don't have a Dark dragon yet. Anankos or Formitiis would also be nice, although I have no idea how they'd implement Formitiis due to his lack of known human form. If they go with some sort of armored beast, I'd really hope for a color other than colorless, to add a unit type that isn't already covered yet.

Red is also looking nice both here and in July, I don't have any of the red units lined up for either of those months. July especially, since there's three of them and they're all ones I'd like to pick up. I don't care as much about Eliwood or Roy, but I could take a swing at them if they're color-sharing with someone I don't have yet like Annand, rather than Azelle.

I hadn't noticed Freyja was coming back this soon, either. Doesn't look like she'll be color-sharing with anyone else I'm missing, though.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Athos please... its high time for a Mythic/Legendary Staff/Healer!!!

Athos seems like a weird candidate for Dark/Staff, since he's known as the user of his world's ultimate Anima tome. Even though everyone has him use Aureola/Luna instead.

I'm hoping we'll get legendary staff Micaiah sometime in the next few months, though. Elincia would also be a fun candidate.

Colorless tome Athos is also possible.

Fun thing, Chrom didn't get memo to return with his children unlike Eliwood and Sigurd. Hector was too far to even receive message.

Edit: we do have dark dragon which it's sothis @Othin

Edited by Naoshi

53 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

Colorless tome Athos is also possible.

Fun thing, Chrom didn't get memo to return with his children unlike Eliwood and Sigurd. Hector was too far to even receive message.

Edit: we do have dark dragon which it's sothis @Othin

Oh, right, I forgot about her.

For the Mythic, since it's Dark Colorless I'm thinking Medeus, Anankos, or Dheginsea. Medeus is the most obvious due to being a Shadow Dragon, but Dheginsea has a Dark Affinity in RD and Anankos could fit into the element as well. Loptous and Athos are also options, but I feel the former's overlap with Medeus will push him down the list and with the latter I feel he would have a different color due to being most associated with Forblaze and to differentiate him from Bramimond. 

4 minutes ago, Medeus said:

For the Mythic, since it's Dark Colorless I'm thinking Medeus, Anankos, or Dheginsea. Medeus is the most obvious due to being a Shadow Dragon, but Dheginsea has a Dark Affinity in RD and Anankos could fit into the element as well. Loptous and Athos are also options, but I feel the former's overlap with Medeus will push him down the list and with the latter I feel he would have a different color due to being most associated with Forblaze and to differentiate him from Bramimond. 

Ooh, Dheginsea would be sweet.

...Aside form potentially pushing Ashera off even further.

I am once again asking for someone that isn't an OC.

Also, I know everyone's tired of reds, and I know sometimes it's easy to forget, but Forblaze is Athos' tome, don't take that away for him just for variety's sake.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 1:22 AM, Sayyyaka said:

I am once again asking for someone that isn't an OC.

Also, I know everyone's tired of reds, and I know sometimes it's easy to forget, but Forblaze is Athos' tome, don't take that away for him just for variety's sake.

I agree with this, but he will probaly get a new weapon instead, just like Bramimond got the Void tome instead of Apocalipse for some reason, and there wanst even any unit using his tome, now imagine Forblaze that is possessed by more than unit in FEH. IS will definitively give him a new tome.

Also Athos really should be the new Mythic hero, I don't know why he isn't on the game yet.

Others that I would like to see: Eitri (but we are probaly not going to get her yet, its too soon), Freyr, Roland (if Bramimond made it to this game then why not Roland? this will probaly never happen but anyway...), Ashera, Ashunera, but specially Athos.

Anyway for me it's almost certain that its going to be Nótt.

I really don't believe it's going to be Nott. It makes no sense to put a new Mythic sharing with old units like Peony and Azura.
They always debut new Mythics/Legendaries sharing with desired and newer units. It's probably going to be a colorless Mythic this time.

I also think we're getting a Dark Mythic and my guess is that we won't be seeing Pathfinder on defensive Mythics and Nott will end up being an Astra Mythic to mirror Dagr's Light element.
If we get a mid-point banner with a Mythic Hero for this book like we got Mirabilis on book 4, I would say that Nott would be the unit there.

I'm gonna take a swing at predicting the entire rest of Book 4's mythic lineup.

• May: Medeus (colorless, Dark)
  • June: Nott (blue, Astra)
  • July: Freyr (blue)
  • September: Otr (green)
  • November: Fafnir (blue) and Eitri