May's Mythic Hero: Original Recipe or Classic Hero? Only Time Will Tell

4 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I agree with this, but he will probaly get a new weapon instead, just like Bramimond got the Void tome instead of Apocalipse for some reason, and there wanst even any unit using his tome, now imagine Forblaze that is possessed by more than unit in FEH. IS will definitively give him a new tome.

I couldn't possibly understand IS' mindset, so you might be right, but to be fair we never actually see Bramimond use Apocalypse.  As far as I know it's not talked about at all in FE7 and only in FE6, where Bramimond is no longer.  On the other hand Athos is a playable character that *comes* with Forblaze.

No real theories, but Forseti might be cool if FE4 gets a remake. Other than that, maybe Medeus, as some have already said? Or maybe Macuil or Indech from Three Houses, so we can see what their humanesque form looks like?

EDIT: I'll also take Athos or Roland. Or Al, although I'd like Al, Tiena, and Gant to appear in a New Heroes banner instead though. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

8 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Also Athos really should be the new Mythic hero, I don't know why he isn't on the game yet.

Because he's an old bearded man and FEH is a waifu collector.

Alright time to do final prediction for May to July.  I can not unseen May not being Colorless and July not being Blue with that I believe there is three paths they can take unless they change the re-runs which its unlikely.

1) May: Colorless Dark, June: Blue Water Legendary* + Nott(Astra), July: Freyr.
-Pathfinder on Astra so Nott can be a opposite of her Sister on both Offensive blessings.
-Having Freyr released on July like Hel was on July was well.
-Being Blue Legendary + Nott on June means one of them will have their rerun on September which make possibility of getting Fafnir.

2) May: Ashera(Colorless tome Astra), June: Blue Water Legendary* + Nott(Dark), July: Freyr.
-It's been more than 6 months since our last colorless tome
-Having Freyr released on July like Hel was on July was well. (Same reason as first option)
-Being Blue Legendary + Nott on June means one of them will have their rerun on September which make possibility of getting Fafnir. (Same reason as First option)

3) May: Colorless Dark, June: Green Water Legendary*, July: Nott(Astra)
-This one will help blue backlog quite a bit.
-Being Green Legendary on June means, they will be getting their rerun on September which make possibility of getting Otr.
-Pathfinder on Astra so Nott can be a opposite of her Sister on both Offensive blessings. (Same reason as first option)
-It would be our first Green water unit

*It's already datamined we will get water season through late June.

In other words for this month Mythic its 100% colorless, 100% Non FEH OC, 70%dark and 30%Astra.

I like predicting Mtyhics and Legendaries since they are the banners I'm interested, I hope I'm not bothering anyone and of course IS can always break their patterns or throw a curveball.

Edited by Naoshi

I feel like Nott would be dark. Something something Dagr and Nott being "day" and "night", and Dagr was light. Of course, I could be wrong, but thematically it makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Ronan was left off the Voting Gauntlet banners, so he should be a safe bet for the blue slot here.

Trailer in approximately 16.5 hours.

Still calling Anankos with Medeus as a secondary.

However, I've considered another possibility: Nott is a prime candidate for a midpoint banner next month, and if they stick to theming, she'll be dark (they don't always; see Freyja: Lady of Nightmare, the Light mythic, for an example). If she's dark, they might not want this month's to also be dark, and I think in that case it would be Astra, and then Ashera would fit quite well.

Anankos could also be Astra, though, and Corrin in colorless makes this a perfect place for him, so my bets are still there.

39 minutes ago, Florete said:

Still calling Anankos with Medeus as a secondary.

However, I've considered another possibility: Nott is a prime candidate for a midpoint banner next month, and if they stick to theming, she'll be dark (they don't always; see Freyja: Lady of Nightmare, the Light mythic, for an example). If she's dark, they might not want this month's to also be dark, and I think in that case it would be Astra, and then Ashera would fit quite well.

Anankos could also be Astra, though, and Corrin in colorless makes this a perfect place for him, so my bets are still there.

I think Nott is more likely Astra for gameplay reasons. Don't think they'd put a mythic with Pathfinder on defense and as Astra she can mirror Dagr being an offensive mythic giving us Pathfinder on both offensive seasons.

42 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I think Nott is more likely Astra for gameplay reasons. Don't think they'd put a mythic with Pathfinder on defense and as Astra she can mirror Dagr being an offensive mythic giving us Pathfinder on both offensive seasons.

Yeah, this is my thinking as well.

I'm also not convinced that theming should make her Dark. The moon is associated with night, but it's also (from the Earth's perspective) a bright celestial object. I think Astra is a perfectly good fit.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, this is my thinking as well.

I'm also not convinced that theming should make her Dark. The moon is associated with night, but it's also (from the Earth's perspective) a bright celestial object. I think Astra is a perfectly good fit.

It's not that they care at all with theming if they don't want to. Corrin being wind, Eliwood being wind, Claude being earth are good examples of that.
I feel like they'd probably put gameplay over theming for Nott (Also I'd like having Pathfinder on Astra. It's a great way to reaching pots easier while Pathfinder on defense only enables bullshit).

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

It's not that they care at all with theming if they don't want to. Corrin being wind, Eliwood being wind, Claude being earth are good examples of that.
I feel like they'd probably put gameplay over theming for Nott (Also I'd like having Pathfinder on Astra. It's a great way to reaching pots easier while Pathfinder on defense only enables bullshit).

Yeah, that too. Theming isn't always relevant, but it, battle mechanics, and balancing elemental availability all seem to add up to a strong case for Astra.

For missing spots bannter mostly be like this.
Red: Annand probably
Blue: Ronan
Green: Old Green unit, I believe it's still to early for Dedue
Colorless: New Mythic.

Edited by Naoshi

2 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

For missing spots bannter mostly be like this.
Red: Annand probably
Blue: Erinys
Green: Old Green unit, I believe it's still to early for Dedue
Colorless: New Mythic.

Blue is Ronan, almost guaranteed at this point.

Ronan is on voting gauntlet banner right now. Just like did it with Sara back in March

Edit: i'm blind and still asleep, I do apologize. It will be Ronan on Mythic banner.

Edited by Naoshi

17 hours ago, Rinco said:

While I was ready to agree with this, Ashera being Astra basically confirms Dark Nott on Mythic unless they want to wait another two months before releasing a Dark bonus-slot mythic.

Although I don't see why they wouldn't put Pathfiner on a defensive mythic to begin with.

6 hours ago, Florete said:

While I was ready to agree with this, Ashera being Astra basically confirms Dark Nott on Mythic unless they want to wait another two months before releasing a Dark bonus-slot mythic.

Although I don't see why they wouldn't put Pathfiner on a defensive mythic to begin with.

Yep, Nott will probably be Dark now.

As to why Pathfinder in defense is a bad idea, imagine the following setup:

First row from top to bottom 2 ranged cavs on the center squares. Second row from the top, 2 Notts in front of the two cavs on the back with two more ranged cavs flanking both Notts. 
The flanking cavs can reach 3 different squares on the attacking line on turn 1, the backline cavs can reach 2 different squares on the attacking line. You have a huge reach and a better coverage than regular cav lines (where each cav can only reach one particular square, so it's easier to bait with a hard counter). And this is just a simple setup, with no traps and ignoring the 7th unit. You can make stupidier things than this. 

Light season will become a nightmare after Dark Nott

9 hours ago, Rinco said:

Light season will become a nightmare after Dark Nott

Well yeah, maybe. That doesn't mean they wouldn't do it. After 7th unit dance traps I put nothing past them.

And besides, it's not like you can't use Pathfinder on defense already. Nott will just add bonuses.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

Well yeah, maybe. That doesn't mean they wouldn't do it. After 7th unit dance traps I put nothing past them.

And besides, it's not like you can't use Pathfinder on defense already. Nott will just add bonuses.

Yeah, you can use Dagr, but it's not optimal and usually at higher lvls, defense teams tend to be optimal. Also being sparkable will make tons of ppl have her, Dagr doesn't have that benefit. 
The bonus stats, lift loss reduction and allowing the 7th unit will make her present in almost every map and if you put that together with 7th unit traps, Rally/Restore traps and ranged cavs, the bullshit will reach insane lvls. 

I'm really hoping I can snag a Nott on the road to the spark so I can use 2x Nott and just throw cancer at ppl that get paired with my map. If that's going to be the way IS goes, I'll follow lol