Extremely Frustrated with 2-1 BEXP. Need Help

Hello, this is my second FE game after Path of Radiance. Radiant Dawn has obviously been a lot more difficult but with some trial and error I have been able to more or less succeed at getting max BEXP on most if not all levels while getting items/characters etc. 2-1 has been a nightmare for me. No combination of my actions seem to be working out. I feel like I have tried everything to clear this one but the only way I can do it is to sacrifice either items, volunteer survival, or failing the 15 turn clear limit. 

Any tips on how this can even be accomplished? I tried looking on youtube but the only ones I saw people were completing in like 20+ turns while killing survivors. The only LTC one I saw he got a crit on the opening turn and completely ignored all the items for obvious reasons. 

Honestly, I'll give up on the volunteers surviving if it just seems impossible as they get killed anytime they attack Neph or Brom. I really just want to collect the items and beat the turn count somehow. I have transfer bonuses for both Neph and Brom in the major stats like Str, Spd, Def, etc. if that helps.

Edit: this is on normal mode only as well

Edited by Chopstickwarfare

Just give up on the BEXP. It is not worth the stress it is causing you, and everyone but the Dawn Brigade get more than enough anyway.

5 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

Just give up on the BEXP. It is not worth the stress it is causing you, and everyone but the Dawn Brigade get more than enough anyway.

if your looking to be practical sure, better to just give up on it in that ch

if op is looking specifically to get the maximum possible bexp however, well getting all the items... well honestly im not quite sure on speed but i can tell you what i generally did to keep survivors if that helps but it basically amounts to dont fight and keep your units unequipped. well the volunteers can be annoying they generally cant hurt you all that much, and if you dont have transfer stats on nephenee and brom i know that they can generally survive atleast one hit from the weaker weapons. so you can, hypothetically from what i remember anyways spend the first turn cleaning up yeardlys immediate troops that are gonna harass you, let the volunteers eat a hit and then waddle about unequipped well they heal up. and since the bandits only arrive on turn 8 your real big threat there is more so the bottom one then the top one. make some liberal use of shove and you should be able to maximize bexp and get the items, but then this is guesswork on my part since i tend to deliberately slow down sometimes but i believe ive made it to yeardly within 15 turns before on normal this way.

14 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

I did end up giving up on it. I was able to do it with all the items but the survivors was just a no go. With transfers they don't survive if they attack neph or brom at all. I didn't really care about the BEXP as much as it was just annoying me I couldn't do it lol.

4 hours ago, Chopstickwarfare said:

I did end up giving up on it. I was able to do it with all the items but the survivors was just a no go. With transfers they don't survive if they attack neph or brom at all. I didn't really care about the BEXP as much as it was just annoying me I couldn't do it lol.

fair enough. Though since i was closing in on the chapter myself on a normal mode run of rd thought id give it a shot myself, and the general conclusion ive come to is that it is indeed possible [ive managed to get all three of them to yeardely in 10 turns well getting all the items buuuut it requires some luck to get right. i think the volunteers either have bugged up or intentionally erratic ai since on multiple occasions the starting position myrmidon would rush nepehnee despite that being a guaranteed onehit on him, other times he would attack brom as expected and on others hed sit and do nothing. same with the handaxe volunteer, most of the time hed attack nephenee but on more then one ocassion hed simply sit there despite her being in range and with no means to defend herself. best way i could rush to yeardely was usually to have brom waddle and collect the top houses and nephenee rush to the bottom ones and pick up heather whos pass is really quite helpful in this regard. of course this is all hypothetically done with no transfer data. 

that is to say, it is possible but its also a dice roll on the volunteers ai acting in the way you want/actually expect them to.