Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (Forces of Will)

Sunwoo

If my orb stash wasn't so low, I'd be really happy about a new Edelgard.  Hope she shows up, because her skill set looks hilarious.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Regardless of whether or not any of Edelgard's variants are expected or seasonal, they're still pushing out more and more at an exhaustingly fast pace, faster than both Lyn and Camilla. For reference between the time frame between Lyn's Brave and Legendary alts versus Edelgard's: There was eight months between Lyn's Brave and Legendary. There was only four months between Edelgard's.

Legendary Heroes literally weren't a thing until 3 months after Brave Lyn was released. If you exclude the 3 months between when Brave Lyn was released and when Fjorm was released, there were only 5 months before Legendary Lyn was released. As a reminder, Lyn was the fourth non-original character to be released as a Legendary Hero. That's very early.

Meanwhile, Legendary Edelgard was released at what is the tail end of Legendary Heroes. The only non-Three Houses "lord" characters that had not yet been released as a Legendary Hero as of Legendary Edelgard's release were Sigurd, Seliph, Micaiah, Corrin, and Itsuki. With fewer options left to pick from, it should be obvious that the gap before releasing a Three Houses Legendary Hero could very likely be shorter than for characters from other games.

Furthermore, due to the fact that Three Houses has stronger dating sim elements than other Fire Emblem titles, the game naturally has characters that are more popular and has a larger number of popular characters than other games. Combined with the fact that Three Houses is two and a half years behind all of the games represented at Heroes's launch in terms of representation due to the game not existing during that time, it's also only natural that the rate at which characters from Three Houses are added to Heroes will be faster than for other games.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I have no complaints regarding Edelgard, it would've been silly if she hadn't been here.  Dimitri on the other hand shouldn't even be a Fallen unit but I guess they had to shove him on there for Edelgard somehow, even if it calls him "Fallen" simply for having PTSD.  I don't expect much thought to be put into this lazy theme anyway, but it's always funny as hell to me that the Morgans always have to take up two slots.  It can never just be one.  And so what's the end result?  A focus exclusively for 3H and Awakening fans, lol.  Good old callback to the early days of FEH.  Orson is at least a new character. 

Also, it's never sat right with me that this theme just gives IS an excuse to give one less demote.

31 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Dimitri on the other hand shouldn't even be a Fallen unit but I guess they had to shove him on there for Edelgard somehow, even if it calls him "Fallen" simply for having PTSD.

"Fallen" is a fan-made name for this banner theme based on the name of the first banner with the theme. The internal name for the theme is simply "dark".

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Fallen" is a fan-made name for this banner theme based on the name of the first banner with the theme. The internal name for the theme is simply "dark".

He still shouldn't be on the same theme as literal monsters and people possessed by dark powers/evil gods.  He's also yet another Infantry Lance, making 3 of his 4 versions that.  Who exactly is this fanservice for?  

FOW!Dimitri is nice. I do not think it is worth it to slow him down to trigger the extra effect on his Weapon since doubling will still do more damage.

FOW!Edelgard is just meh. There are not enough variety of strong support units in the dragon and beast category in my opinion right now, so I do not think she is particularly great due to being too conditional. The negative aspect of Wary Fighter also makes her much less desirable.

FOW!M!Morgan and FOW!F!Morgan are nice. FOW!M!Morgan seems better in my opinion due to being ranged, but FOW!F!Morgan is not bad either.

Very happy with both Morgan here. Dimitri's weapon design looks ugly for me, not scary ugly, just straight up ugly. I think he definitely belongs to Fallen or Dark category of his OG self, but I can see why people are upset with his inclusion. 

Fallen Edelgard is mighty broken as usual. I don't even bother to read the description in the video. Can't wait for the one unit that I don't want ended up being my pitybreaker.

Potential Spoiler about Orson from Sacred Stone

Spoiler

I don't remember much about Orson, but isn't he threatened or blackmailed into being a bad guy? How does that constitutes to being "fallen" or even "dark", we never even see his "good" self like Hardin since he was already planning to backstab Ephraim right from first time he shows up.

12 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Potential Spoiler about Orson from Sacred Stone

Spoiler

If I recall correctly, he was offered a chance to have his dead wife revived in exchange for betraying Ephraim. He accepted, got his wife revived as merely a talking corpse, and in his desperate and broken state of mind, accepted the result.

Expectation of Twin-Crest Power: godlike cosmic power

The reality:
k6xgUKt.jpg

Jokes aside, I do appreciate how accurate Final Bossgard's kit is to her kit in Three Houses. She had map-wide attacks (Distant Counter in the weapon), could make two attacks (Galeforce in the weapon), and had multiple health bars (Armored Wall). All she's missing is Vantage and Wrath, and I can honestly see why those were left out as this is broken enough as it is -- but what final boss worth their salt isn't?

Edited by Some Jerk

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Unpopular opinion - the Morgan alts are a disappointing waste of 2 banner slots that are a far bigger lost opportunity than "muh Edelgard alts."

As for Orson, I'm sure he'll have both disappointing fodder and no prf.

Hehe it being Morgan and Morgan already means the opportunity has been seized to the maximum extend 😄

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

If I recall correctly, he was offered a chance to have his dead wife revived in exchange for betraying Ephraim. He accepted, got his wife revived as merely a talking corpse, and in his desperate and broken state of mind, accepted the result.

I see. So the fallen state isafter the incident.

31 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Unpopular opinion - the Morgan alts are a disappointing waste of 2 banner slots that are a far bigger lost opportunity than "muh Edelgard alts."

Other than Risen King Chrom or Fallen Wrys I really can't think of anything that would be more hyped up. I think Orson being free unit means they are running out of fallen candidates, on top of my mind I can only think of Rampage Kana like Fallen Corrin in the Fates DLC and all the phantom royal parents in it. Next year probably gonna get Witch Sonya from SoV as the female star of fallen banner.

I am so happy! ❤️ I was hoping we'd get a Wild Boar Dimitri! As well as Black Beast Edelgard. Now the only versions I want of them are dagger-wielding child units, perhaps dancers.

Also, the inclusion of Fallen Morgans was nice, though it's a bit weird having them alongside Dimitri and Edelgard. It feels like someone split 2 separate sets and put half of one with half of the other. That's okay, though.

Also, just did a bit of reading in the comments here, and I guess Orson finally gets in? That makes this even better! ^_^ He really deserved one (a Fallen alt), I think. I'm just really happy here, and really glad I saved my orbs for this! Also, I guess there's no demote. Understandable; Fallen heroes are always super powerful. Hmm I don't know who to prioritize. Fallen M!Morgan would be nice to have, but I kind of NEED Boar Dimitri. Also, I wanted this version of Edelgard, so I kind of want to summoner just because of that. The only one I don't really care about getting is Fallen F!Morgan.

Oh, also, it occurred to me how ironic Edelgard being a beast unit is. I mean, it makes the most sense with Black Beasts, but she can't transform when next to humans. Just beasts and dragons. And she hates dragons.

Fallen Edie and Dimitri look stunning. Dimitri's lance is really nice for enemies with follow up negation as his kit does give out the fact that he is pretty fast. Also apparently since I left canto became the new cool thing to have which is nice I guess as it's a fun ability. Morgans are nice but kinda meh for me as I have many fliers already and I don't think I can use all of them. Edelgard is amazing, that art is sublime and that transformed chibi looks so creepy and I love it. As a unit I like her a lot and I will make her also triple movement like her legendary version. 

Orson is nice, a pretty memorable boss, hopefully he brings something unique to the table.

My new approach as far as summoning goes is that I will only spark and not pull on other banners. Pity rate doesn't exist and is a lie is a thing I learnt after playing some other gachas. So I will spark Edie and save for next month's new heroes .

Completely unrelated to everything else being discussed, while rewatching the trailer to check out Morgan's abs again, I realized that Dimitri's lance is clearly a Fatalis weapon. The design of the eye doesn't quite match, but everything else about it totally checks out.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

FOW!Edelgard is just meh. There are not enough variety of strong support units in the dragon and beast category in my opinion right now, so I do not think she is particularly great due to being too conditional. The negative aspect of Wary Fighter also makes her much less desirable.

Edelgard would, however, be only the second Armored Beast unit, of which the only other option is Caineghis.

I don't know why you say she is "conditional." Her only condition is that she be above 25% HP and not be next to a non-inhuman ally when the player phase begins, which most teams make sure of anyways (though not ideal for Emblem-gard I guess). Pure Wary Fighter is kinda lame, but she can still pack AD Solo in the SS slot and be even bulkier as a result. She'll be a toxic rage-inducer for Pawns of Loki as well, having so many effects that work to keep her alive AS WELL AS automatic Galeforce. Hell, I'm kinda okay with Wary Fighter because now she can't potentially waste her follow-up Special Trigger on a unit who has 80% damage reduction on enemy follow-ups.

Again, her only competition for Colorless Beast Armor is Caineghis, and his only effect is +4 all stat on enemy phase. Not exactly riveting competition...

I don't see a problem with Edelgard's lineup, but I do still say Dimitri's Fallen version should have been released as a legendary. There was no reason for the two to be separate.

Thinking about it more, I have to agree with the Morgans feeling unnecessary. They do have some precedent, but still... eh.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Also, just did a bit of reading in the comments here, and I guess Orson finally gets in? That makes this even better! ^_^ He really deserved one (a Fallen alt), I think.

Yeah, you can always check the ingame notification text below the video for info on the GHB/TT unit corresponding to a banner.

Another round of Lost in Translation:

• Dimitri's title, Savage Boar, in Japanese is 狂乱の王子, "Frenzied Prince".
  • Dimitri's weapon, Vengeful Lance, in Japanese is 復讐鬼の槍, "Vengeful Demon's Lance".
  • Dimitri's exclusive skill, Murderous Lion, in Japanese is 蒼き殺人鬼, "Azure Murderous Demon".
  • Male Morgan's title, Fated Darkness, in Japanese is 闇色の未来, "Darkness-Colored Future".
  • Male Morgan's weapon, Tome of Despair, in Japanese is 破滅の邪書, "Fell Tome of Ruin".
  • Female Morgan's title, Devoted Darkness, in Japanese is 闇色の忠節, "Darkness-Colored Loyalty".
  • Female Morgan's weapon, Axe of Despair, in Japanese is 絶望の邪斧, "Fell Axe of Despair".
  • Edelgard's title, Hegemon Husk, in Japanese is 覇道の終着点, "Final Destination of the Hegemon's Path".
  • Edelgard's weapon, Twin Crest Power, in Japanese is 双紋章の力, "Power of Twin Crests".
  • Edelgard's exclusive skill, Armored Wall, in Japanese is 覇鎧障壁, "Hegemon Armor Barrier".
  • Orson's title, Passion's Folly, in Japanese is 狂気の慕情, "Insanity's Longing".

I don't see why they had to pair the Morgans' weapons' names with each other. It's a bit more interesting having one be ruin and the other be despair.

Edelgard's title in Japanese is so poetically grandiose.

Orson's title in English seems a bit too neutral for someone that goes on a Fallen Heroes banner. His title in Japanese pretty much perfectly describes him and just what went wrong.

Now back to bleaching my eyes of Tall Edelgard.

37 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Edelgard would, however, be only the second Armored Beast unit, of which the only other option is Caineghis.

I don't know why you say she is "conditional." Her only condition is that she be above 25% HP and not be next to a non-inhuman ally when the player phase begins, which most teams make sure of anyways (though not ideal for Emblem-gard I guess). Pure Wary Fighter is kinda lame, but she can still pack AD Solo in the SS slot and be even bulkier as a result. She'll be a toxic rage-inducer for Pawns of Loki as well, having so many effects that work to keep her alive AS WELL AS automatic Galeforce. Hell, I'm kinda okay with Wary Fighter because now she can't potentially waste her follow-up Special Trigger on a unit who has 80% damage reduction on enemy follow-ups.

Again, her only competition for Colorless Beast Armor is Caineghis, and his only effect is +4 all stat on enemy phase. Not exactly riveting competition...

Her Raging Storm only works if she is transformed, so that severely limits her team composition and/or positioning requirements, and that is on top of Armor Stride's positioning issues. To fully realize her potential requires her to stay transformed and that in itself is a pain in the ass. She is either great in a subpar team, or she sucks with great teammates, and either way, the experience would be unpleasant. Edelgard: Flame Emperor is already kind of finicky to use. Edelgard: Hegemon Husk is that and with more finicky stuff on top.

She is not only competing with Caineghis, she is also competing with all other armors out there. She does not work well in a super Save tank team because that strategy requires a pretty tight adjacency positioning requirement with Flayn. You can throw her into an old school armor ball team, but her teammate options suck as the only really strong teammate is Idunn: Dragonkin Duo, and maybe Sothis: Silver Specter.

Without transformation, she is basically just colorless Surtr, and he sucks.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Every fallen freebie so far has had a prf, so I doubt that part.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Her Raging Storm only works if she is transformed, so that severely limits her team composition and/or positioning requirements, and that is on top of Armor Stride's positioning issues. To fully realize her potential requires her to stay transformed and that in itself is a pain in the ass. She is either great in a subpar team, or she sucks with great teammates, and either way, the experience would be unpleasant. Edelgard: Flame Emperor is already kind of finicky to use. Edelgard: Hegemon Husk is that and with more finicky stuff on top.

She is not only competing with Caineghis, she is also competing with all other armors out there. She does not work well in a super Save tank team because that strategy requires a pretty tight adjacency positioning requirement with Flayn. You can throw her into an old school armor ball team, but her teammate options suck as the only really strong teammate is Idunn: Dragonkin Duo, and maybe Sothis: Silver Specter.

Without transformation, she is basically just colorless Surtr, and he sucks.

Armored Stride wants her to avoid her allies anyway, transforming isn't any more restrictive than that.