Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (Forces of Will)

Sunwoo

33 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't see a problem with Edelgard's lineup, but I do still say Dimitri's Fallen version should have been released as a legendary. There was no reason for the two to be separate.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I personally think that the way IS did it makes the most sense. Sure, Dimitri struggles with his demons a lot throughout the game, but that's more an affliction than who he really is, and is definitely along the "fallen" theme. The Dimitri we see as a legendary hero, however, fits the legendary theme. (The odd one out for legendary heroes, really, is Legendary Robin, who really should have been a fallen hero, but IS can do whatever IS wants to, so eh.)

There are a lot of reasons why the fallen heroes are fallen (which I detailed elsewhere.) Some are possessed (such as Robin), some are controlled (such as Delthea), some were driven mad (Dimitri falls into this category), and there are other categories, too. The common denominator they all have, however, is that they've become extremely destructive. For some, it's because they possess too much power. For others, they've lost their right mind (whether due to magical or physical reasons (like Corrin's dragon blood going wild) or psychological reasons (like Berkut, who went crazy before he got Duma's power.))

Yeah, you can always check the ingame notification text below the video for info on the GHB/TT unit corresponding to a banner.

Yeah, but that's not where I watch the vids, so I don't have that available until I log in to the game.

Also...

Edelgard and Dimitri: RAAAAAARH!

Claude: *chillin' on an island somewhere*

... Now I think we'll get Summer Claude.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

Edelgard: Flame Emperor is already kind of finicky to use.

It's not that hard to make Armored Stride work. If the unit is alone, Armored Stride activates. If the unit is not alone, the adjacent unit's Armor March activates.

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

She does not work well in a super Save tank team because that strategy requires a pretty tight adjacency positioning requirement with Flayn. You can throw her into an old school armor ball team, but her teammate options suck as the only really strong teammate is Idunn: Dragonkin Duo, and maybe Sothis: Silver Specter.

You can just use the old-school armor diamond instead of an armor ball.

Fallen Edelgard's positioning requirements are even more lenient than Fallen Tiki's, and Fallen Tiki is extremely easy to use.

Well I'm happy for those who got what they wanted, as for me it's easy skip and free orbs. So we can probably cross Formottis as Mythic because we getting Orson as FE8 representative on this month and there is colorless beast unit as well in this banner.

46 minutes ago, Florete said:

Every fallen freebie so far has had a prf, so I doubt that part.

Well, I would love to be proven wrong as a SS fan. But Orson isn't particular associated with any kind of powerful personal weapon. 

Even if they give him a prf Rune Sword, he'll just be stealing it from the FH GHB we should have gotten - Bertram.

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, I would love to be proven wrong as a SS fan. But Orson isn't particular associated with any kind of powerful personal weapon. 

When has that ever stopped them from giving one to a character? Three of the four weapons on this banner are non-canon.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Even if they give him a prf Rune Sword, he'll just be stealing it from the FH GHB we should have gotten - Bertram.

I'd certainly like Bertram eventually, but his role in his game is a lot smaller than Orson's.

Lots of characters have gotten prfs out of nowhere, like Pent and Farina lately. He could get a weapon called Lance of Passion or something.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

When has that ever stopped them from giving one to a character? 

You mean other than almost every GHB unit - especially fliers - ever.

They didn't even give one to Caellach, and his stature in SS is comparable to, if not greater than, Orson.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Armored Stride wants her to avoid her allies anyway, transforming isn't any more restrictive than that.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's not that hard to make Armored Stride work. If the unit is alone, Armored Stride activates. If the unit is not alone, the adjacent unit's Armor March activates.

You can just use the old-school armor diamond instead of an armor ball.

Fallen Edelgard's positioning requirements are even more lenient than Fallen Tiki's, and Fallen Tiki is extremely easy to use.

Compared to traditional slowpoke armor units, it is not hard to make Armor Stride work, but it is still a hassle and it is not always feasible to maintain that kind of positioning requirement. At least Edelgard: Flame Emperor is a bit more flexible in that Raging Storm is always active without relying on transformation to work. In contrast to both of them, Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor is actually easy, friendly, and pleasant to use and you can use her however you want and throw her into whatever team composition you want; she might not have Raging Storm, but her mobility is consistent and you do not have worry about awkward positioning to make sure her mobility stays intact. It is that consistency (in both mobility and damage reduction) that makes her a better overall unit in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Compared to traditional slowpoke armor units, it is not hard to make Armor Stride work, but it is still a hassle and it is not always feasible to maintain that kind of positioning requirement. At least Edelgard: Flame Emperor is a bit more flexible in that Raging Storm is always active without relying on transformation to work. In contrast to both of them, Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor is actually easy, friendly, and pleasant to use and you can use her however you want and throw her into whatever team composition you want.

I don't know what Brave Edelgard has to do with this.

Legendary Edelgard can use Raging Storm without Armored Stride, but it seems a lot less effective that way. She's also more vulnerable enemy phase than Fallen Edelgard, who doesn't have to worry so much about getting to safety after attacking a group.

I don't think this Edelgard is as hard to use as @XRay is saying. 

Looking at AR, all the seasons have dragons as Mythics (Sothis, Mila, Naga, Duma/Seiros). On offense you just put Edelgard into one of the ends of the line with the dragon Mythic by her side, she transforms and you can leave her solo for the rest of the turns so she gets Stride on. On defense I can see some ppl leaving her in a corner with WoM on her B slot and Heavy Blade seal + Galeforce special to jump transformed beside a low health ally and simply wreck everything out of nowhere if the offense player fails to finish one of the units in combat.

In Arena you have all the time in the world to just separate her to transform/Stride on the first turn. PvE also seems she works fine.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Legendary Heroes literally weren't a thing until 3 months after Brave Lyn was released. If you exclude the 3 months between when Brave Lyn was released and when Fjorm was released, there were only 5 months before Legendary Lyn was released. As a reminder, Lyn was the fourth non-original character to be released as a Legendary Hero. That's very early.

Irrelevant. Heroes launched in February 2017, and Fjorm came out in November 2017. With the planning six months in advance, we know that Fjorm and Legendary Heroes were planned VERY early in Heroes life, multiple months before Braves launched.

Meanwhile, Legendary Edelgard was released at what is the tail end of Legendary Heroes. The only non-Three Houses "lord" characters that had not yet been released as a Legendary Hero as of Legendary Edelgard's release were Sigurd, Seliph, Micaiah, Corrin, and Itsuki. With fewer options left to pick from, it should be obvious that the gap before releasing a Three Houses Legendary Hero could very likely be shorter than for characters from other games.

Also irrelevant. They've demonstrated on numerous occasions that they have plenty of characters to pick from, especially if you count OCs (Gustav, for instance). And as we've seen several times, like them or dislike them, the OCs sell.

Furthermore, due to the fact that Three Houses has stronger dating sim elements than other Fire Emblem titles, the game naturally has characters that are more popular and has a larger number of popular characters than other games. Combined with the fact that Three Houses is two and a half years behind all of the games represented at Heroes's launch in terms of representation due to the game not existing during that time, it's also only natural that the rate at which characters from Three Houses are added to Heroes will be faster than for other games.

This doesn't really help matters for Edelgard and Dimitri alts, it's really only relevant for New Heroes. Of which we've gotten a fast-paced flow. I'd bet we're sure to get another Three Houses NH banner before 2021 ends.

Regardless of any of that, no matter which way you spin it, they're pushing out more Edelgards (and Dimitris, I suppose) at a much faster pace than any other previous character. Edelgard already has the same number of variants as Ike, for goodness sake, and only two less than Lyn and Camilla, and Three Houses isn't even two years old yet. The newness of TH doesn't make it any better or excuse it.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Irrelevant. Heroes launched in February 2017, and Fjorm came out in November 2017. With the planning six months in advance, we know that Fjorm and Legendary Heroes were planned VERY early in Heroes life, multiple months before Braves launched.

Also irrelevant. They've demonstrated on numerous occasions that they have plenty of characters to pick from, especially if you count OCs (Gustav, for instance). And as we've seen several times, like them or dislike them, the OCs sell.

This doesn't really help matters for Edelgard and Dimitri alts, it's really only relevant for New Heroes. Of which we've gotten a fast-paced flow. I'd bet we're sure to get another Three Houses NH banner before 2021 ends.

Regardless of any of that, no matter which way you spin it, they're pushing out more Edelgards (and Dimitris, I suppose) at a much faster pace than any other previous character. Edelgard already has the same number of variants as Ike, for goodness sake, and only two less than Lyn and Camilla, and Three Houses isn't even two years old yet. The newness of TH doesn't make it any better or excuse it.

Edelgard got five variants in her first 22 months. Camilla got her fifth at the 21 month mark and her sixth by 24.

I'm generally in favor of all canon alts of characters, including Lord Ike (YES PLEASE), BB Karel, old man Hector, all the weird spotpass characters, etc. making into into the game.

These actually appeal to me in a way that the immersion breaking seasonals don't, they allow us to have these popular characters at modern power levels, and they extend the life of the game.

Nor do I care about how quickly they add these alts. All of Edelgard's alts are good (even if Brave should have been an armored tome), and we voted for one of them.

Very uninteresting banner. I don't care for Three Houses and Awakening is very blah. Free pull will probably green or red.

Orson is cool though so I'm happy he's the free unit.

Well this is about what I figured, but I was hoping for Morva instead of Orson.  Oh well, being the huge Dimitri fan that I am I will be going for him, too bad L!Sigurd(who refuses to show up and I am giving up on) and the kid banner took my orbs so I probably won't spark.  

I don't think Edelgard is as broken as she originally seems. For me she is an upgrade to her legendary version, she is a triple movement galeforcer like her. The upgrades are stuff like the slaying effect and the special fighter effect allowing her to proc galeforce easily. Legend must have heavy blade and quirckend pulse, some extra help with cooldown if she uses her Axe. Also all she needs to function is to be alone at the beggining, legend requires to constantly be alone, something hard at maps like abysalls. Having a way better enemy phase with guard, DC and that small Dmg reduction allows to be safe even when not killing everyone imetiately, something Legend lacks as it actually is pretty easy to kill her in EP I think. Finally her kit having and that Ideal skill is mainly to to give her a massive Atk boost not to tank. She has that healing only if accidents happen so that she can get the full effect back. That's how I see her and plan to use her at least. 

Not that she is bad as a tank. Healing, DC, guard, dmg reduction built in and most likely massive defences make her pretty scary. If you give her a unity skill then she doesn't have to worry about penalties and if svalinn shield becomes available then effective dmg also is nullified. 

Edited by SuperNova125

Honestly, as a more generic complaint these weapons and personal skills are getting way out of hand. I don't care how busted Fallen banners are in general, the fact that we've progressed this far in terms of weapons and skills is just fucking ridiculous. Having more stats to work with is one thing, but these guys also get stupidly busted weapons to go along with their advantage of having more stats than everyone else?

Not on board with this, even if IS is a business and wants to make money. Characters like Edelgard and Dimitri would sell well just by virtue of people being obsessed with them even if they had an underwhelming skillset and no prf. And on the flip side, not sure if it's fair for other popular characters like Ike and Lyn and Lucina to have worse stats and prfs just because they came first when they might actually still be more popular than the 3H lords, we'll never actually know for sure!

25 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I don't think Edelgard is as broken as she originally seems. For me she is an upgrade to her legendary version, she is a triple movement galeforcer like her. The upgrades are stuff like the slaying effect and the special fighter effect allowing her to proc galeforce easily. Legend must have heavy blade and quirckend pulse, some extra help with cooldown if she uses her Axe. Also all she needs to function is to be alone at the beggining, legend requires to constantly be alone, something hard at maps like abysalls. Having a way better enemy phase with guard, DC and that small Dmg reduction allows to be safe even when not killing everyone imetiately, something Legend lacks as it actually is pretty easy to kill her in EP I think. Finally her kit having and that Ideal skill is mainly to to give her a massive Atk boost not to tank. She has that healing only if accidents happen so that she can get the full effect back. That's how I see her and plan to use her at least. 

Not that she is bad as a tank. Healing, DC, guard, dmg reduction built in and most likely massive defences make her pretty scary. If you give her a unity skill then she doesn't have to worry about penalties and if svalinn shield becomes available then effective dmg also is nullified. 

honestly? i never thought for a second that she's so incredibly broken

yeah she has a lot of super duper amazing effects, but she'll still probably die by Micaiah, a 2017 unit, and any decent physical tank will most likely be able to easily take her two hits (BIke, BHector and the likes), or one hit if your tank runs NFU, and i think glass cannon mages like Levin (with NFU) or Windsweep Duo Rhea/Byleth, who can negate her Wary Fighter effect and double attack before Fallengard can counterattack/without worrying about counterattacks, could do well against her
sure, we still have to see her stats, and she'll probably be very minmaxed, but unless she has 250 BST, i don't see her being an unstoppable force

so yeah, lots of big walls of text, but at the end of the day she's nothing out of this world

Edited by Yexin

8 minutes ago, Yexin said:

honestly? i never thought for a second that she's so incredibly broken

yeah she has a lot of super duper amazing effects, but she'll still probably die by Micaiah, a 2017 unit, and any decent physical tank will most likely be able to easily take her two hits (BIke, BHector and the likes), or one hit if your tank runs NFU, and i think glass cannon mages like Levin (with NFU) or Windsweep Duo Rhea/Byleth, who can negate her Wary Fighter effect and double attack before Fallengard can counterattack/without worrying about counterattacks, could do well against her
sure, we still have to see her stats, and she'll probably be very minmaxed, but unless she has 250 BST, i don't see her being an unstoppable force

so yeah, lots of big walls of text, but at the end of the day she's nothing out of this world

That's the case with most units I believe. Descriptions are massive but the effects are actually not that complicated. Morgans for expamle get stronger with more debuff and buffs but the description makes it seem so complicated. It's not actually powercreep but in many cases the fact that they have to explain everthing like how debuffs, buffs, canto and all these known effects work every single time. 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I don't know what Brave Edelgard has to do with this.

Legendary Edelgard can use Raging Storm without Armored Stride, but it seems a lot less effective that way. She's also more vulnerable enemy phase than Fallen Edelgard, who doesn't have to worry so much about getting to safety after attacking a group.

Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor is a lot less hassle to use and can work with many different strategies. She is a powerful unit without the frustration and limitations associated with armor units. It is the difference between using Azura: Vallite Songstress without worrying about positioning requirements too much and trying to arrange your units in a tight ball the old fashion way to buff the Blade mage on the team.

The other two armored Edelgards have positioning requirements, and those requirements can become a problem. They are still way more usable than the vast majority of other armors, but other armor can be just as usable if they got Armor Stride too. Edelgard: Hegemon Husk is the worse of the of the two since her Raging Storm does not even work without transformation. Raging Storm is fun to use, but it is gimmicky and it is only really usable with Armor Stride active. Edelgard: Flame Emperor is fun to use on occasion for easy modes, but if I have to use someone on a more consistent basis with more challenging content, I rather use Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor.

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor is a lot less hassle to use and can work with many different strategies. She is a powerful unit without the frustration and limitations associated with armor units. It is the difference between using Azura: Vallite Songstress without worrying about positioning requirements too much and trying to arrange your units in a tight ball the old fashion way to buff the Blade mage on the team.

The other two armored Edelgards have positioning requirements, and those requirements can become a problem. They are still way more usable than the vast majority of other armors, but other armor can be just as usable if they got Armor Stride too. Edelgard: Hegemon Husk is the worse of the of the two since her Raging Storm does not even work without transformation. Raging Storm is fun to use, but it is gimmicky and it is only really usable with Armor Stride active. Edelgard: Flame Emperor is fun to use on occasion for easy modes, but if I have to use someone on a more consistent basis with more challenging content, I rather use Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor.

I still don't know why you're bringing up Brave Edelgard. She has nothing in common with Fallen Edelgard other than movement type and name.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Edelgard got five variants in her first 22 months. Camilla got her fifth at the 21 month mark and her sixth by 24.

True, but that misses/ignores the context that Three Houses itself, and Edelgard by extension, isn't even two years old yet. Edelgard's pace is still much faster due to that.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

True, but that misses/ignores the context that Three Houses itself, and Edelgard by extension, isn't even two years old yet. Edelgard's pace is still much faster due to that.

I don't understand what that has to do with anything. The time between Fates' release and Heroes' release isn't time that could have been spent on adding alts to anyone.