Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (Forces of Will)

Sunwoo

This is pretty much just for Orson, but stats and Orson's skills [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

mqufyidk5gx61.png

Edelgard
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd, Res
Super Flaw(s): Def
*cannot show up in PvE maps

Dimitri
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd, Res

M!Morgan
Super Asset(s): HP, Res
Super Flaw(s): Spd

F!Morgan
Super Asset(s): Atk, Def
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd

Orson
Super Asset(s): Res

Orson's kit
Bereft Lance: Grants Def+3. Grants Atk/Def+X during combat. (Calculates X based on number of allies within 2 spaces of unit: 0 allies grants +6; 1 ally grants +4; 2 allies grants +2; 3 or greater than 3 grants +0.) If the number of allies within 2 spaces is one or less, neutralizes foe's bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat.
-
Ignis
-
Vantage 3 [4* unlock]
Rouse Atk/Def 3

Also, the prerequisites for the Meance skills is Lv. 2 Threaten X/X.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orson's weapon seems a bit underwhelming.

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yes.

• You're ignoring the point, again.

Not once did I say that Three Houses being a new game was a reason to slow down new TH characters, only a large flow of the same character. Edelgard is clearly way ahead of Lyn's and Camilla's paces in terms of alts.

How the hell are you defining pace?

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yes.

What is the point? I'm reading this from the sidelines and I really can't tell.

Spoiler

It feels like they dropped the ball on Orson.

Stats-wise, Orson is pretty much Silas in 2021.
In terms of base skills, Rouse Atk/Def is... alright; it works because of the playstyle his weapon promotes but it's not too amazing.
Bereft Lance... It's apparent that they were more focused on the fact that he's a widower so the effects the weapon has reflect on that. Too bad the effects are just underwhelming (and would likely take years before they could get any better assuming FEH would still be around by that point).

Orson stuff:

Spoiler

He has a stat spread of 43/60/28/45/23 and Dull All with just his weapon.

So he's basically a better Cuan, who has 44/63/29/41/16 against non-fliers with just his weapon. RIP Cuan.

Not as good as Duessel, though, who has 41/61/18/48/37 and a guaranteed follow-up with just his weapon, but not everyone can be a god like Duessel. He does get quite close on the physical side, though, but doesn't have player-phase presence.

Vantage seems to be there more for flavor than for anything else, considering the skill is called "Ambush" in Japanese. Rouse Atk/Def, on the other hand, is rather nice to have, both because it fits his stat line and because it's not currently available from the 4-star summoning pool (Sylvain has it, but he's seasonal).

He looks like he'd do extremely well with Distant Foil, Quick Riposte 3, and Atk/Def Solo 3. I'm not sure it's worth investing in his Res since he can't receive Drive or Ward buffs without disabling his weapon.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I think Dimitri has been a bit of a lightningrod to hide the fact that no one on this banner is being magically compelled to become Fallen. The entire banner is dedicated to people whom a societal construct has failed in a critical way- the devotion to ideals, upbringing, familial piety and grief for the beloved. The previous Fallen candidates- even Corrin, Berkut and Ashnard- can and should be supernaturally treated to restore their normal faculties or ideals, but this set requires something a bit more foundational.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Orson has an interesting weapon, to say the least. Guess it's best to give him DC & QR3. 

Seems like he made my Berkut rather redundant.

Spoiler

They just slapped the sweaty Corrins' breaths onto Orson, but cut out the speed and resistance part because of course he doesn't need either stat and changed it from no other effect for F!Corrin and Guard for M!Corrin to Dull All for Orson. His advantage is being a cavalry, so it is easier for him to be alone than it is for the sweaty Corrins and even easier with legendary Sigurd. On the other hand, he has less stats in general which is made worse with the sweaty Corrins' having inexplicable trainee BST that started with their Adrift selves, doesn't have a default Solo to double down on his lance's effect where only Spd/Res Solo is available in the 3* to 4* summoning pool through 5* Erk, and losing out on speed and resistance hurts when it's not a great trade as he gets up to 6 to his stats, the same as F!Corrin. It made sense for M!Corrin to have up to 5 as he has an additional effect compared to F!Corrin, but for Orson, 7 or even 10 would have been fine when it only goes to two stats.

Berkut's unique refined Dark Royal Spear has simpler conditions for its effects. He only needs his foe to exist for Lull Atk/Def 3 to work at the cost of it not affecting speed or resistance and he only needs his foe to initiate or be at full health to get Atk/Def/Res+5 which leans him to enemy phase and gives him that resistance part Orson could have definitely used at the cost of not being as flexible on player phase and 1 less attack and defense.

Edited by Kaden

23 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hide contents

They just slapped the sweaty Corrins' breaths onto Orson, but cut out the speed and resistance part because of course he doesn't need either stat and changed it from no other effect for F!Corrin and Guard for M!Corrin to Dull All for Orson. His advantage is being a cavalry, so it is easier for him to be alone than it is for the sweaty Corrins and even easier with legendary Sigurd. On the other hand, he has less stats in general which is made worse with the sweaty Corrins' having inexplicable trainee BST that started with their Adrift selves, doesn't have a default Solo to double down on his lance's effect where only Spd/Res Solo is available in the 3* to 4* summoning pool through 5* Erk, and losing out on speed and resistance hurts when it's not a great trade as he gets up to 6 to his stats, the same as F!Corrin. It made sense for M!Corrin to have up to 5 as he has an additional effect compared to F!Corrin, but for Orson, 7 or even 10 would have been fine when it only goes to two stats.

Berkut's unique refined Dark Royal Spear has simpler conditions for its effects. He only needs his foe to exist for Lull Atk/Def 3 to work at the cost of it not affecting speed or resistance and he only needs his foe to initiate or be at full health to get Atk/Def/Res+5 which leans him to enemy phase and gives him that resistance part Orson could have definitely used at the cost of not being as flexible on player phase and 1 less attack and defense.

Spoiler

Is it Dull Atk? I read that as Dull Close & Dull Far with a social distancing requirement.

Anyway, an Orson project is difficult to justify when I have a +10 Berkut, but I am still considering it as a SS fan.

3 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

I think Dimitri has been a bit of a lightningrod to hide the fact that no one on this banner is being magically compelled to become Fallen. The entire banner is dedicated to people whom a societal construct has failed in a critical way- the devotion to ideals, upbringing, familial piety and grief for the beloved. The previous Fallen candidates- even Corrin, Berkut and Ashnard- can and should be supernaturally treated to restore their normal faculties or ideals, but this set requires something a bit more foundational.

I disagree, as I mentioned before. Not all of the fallen heroes of the past became fallen because of some supernatural force. Berkut lost his mind before he got Duma's power. Ashnard has always been crazy, even before he touched the medallion. Both Corrins are just going through growing pains (that is, their dragon blood going crazy is natural; they had to get a dragonstone in order to control this natural condition.) The only thing that makes a fallen hero fallen is that that hero is in a highly destructive state. For many who would otherwise be peaceable, that means something dramatic has to happen. Mind control, whether by a person (in the case of Takumi, Delthea, Tiki, and Julia, for example), object (in the case of Mareeta, for example), or entity of power (in the case of Lyon and Robin, for example), most usually, but you have cases like Ike where it's less he's being controlled and more like his natural sense is overwhelmed by pure chaos. Though he struggles to gain enough consciousness to stop himself, rational thought comes in few waves. This effect is similar to Corrin's condition, except that Corrin's condition is, again, natural. So, the fallen hero doesn't even have to be evil, let alone going bonkers due to some other power. The fallen hero just has to be destructive.

The dialogue quotes have been leaked and I'm rather disappointing that the two Morgans have almost the exact same dialogue. The whole thing about Morgan is that unlike most characters with two genders their versions are different people. The boy's a dork, the girl's a brat. Giving them the same dialogue kinda goes in the face of that. 

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

The dialogue quotes have been leaked and I'm rather disappointing that the two Morgans have almost the exact same dialogue. The whole thing about Morgan is that unlike most characters with two genders their versions are different people. The boy's a dork, the girl's a brat. Giving them the same dialogue kinda goes in the face of that. 

I guess what they're going for is, that stops mattering once they're devoted to Grima? Still, that sounds unfortunate.

40 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I disagree, as I mentioned before. Not all of the fallen heroes of the past became fallen because of some supernatural force. Berkut lost his mind before he got Duma's power. Ashnard has always been crazy, even before he touched the medallion. Both Corrins are just going through growing pains (that is, their dragon blood going crazy is natural; they had to get a dragonstone in order to control this natural condition.) The only thing that makes a fallen hero fallen is that that hero is in a highly destructive state. For many who would otherwise be peaceable, that means something dramatic has to happen. Mind control, whether by a person (in the case of Takumi, Delthea, Tiki, and Julia, for example), object (in the case of Mareeta, for example), or entity of power (in the case of Lyon and Robin, for example), most usually, but you have cases like Ike where it's less he's being controlled and more like his natural sense is overwhelmed by pure chaos. Though he struggles to gain enough consciousness to stop himself, rational thought comes in few waves. This effect is similar to Corrin's condition, except that Corrin's condition is, again, natural. So, the fallen hero doesn't even have to be evil, let alone going bonkers due to some other power. The fallen hero just has to be destructive.

Not quite the point I was making. Rather than "well, technically, this unit didn't actually need magic to get here" applying case-by-case, the entire banner is like that this go around, and people thinking Dimitri is off for not being magical is causing them to miss the fact that the same applies to the other four.

And besides, despite getting to where they are their own ways, Corrin, Ashnard and Berkut are all cured, in whole or in part, by having the magical portion of their condition removed by magic. This banner's selection of units focuses on the human element of their redemption (or death) in their original circumstances, too.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

This is pretty much just for Orson, but stats and Orson's skills [SPOILERS]:

Reveal hidden contents

mqufyidk5gx61.png

Edelgard
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd, Res
Super Flaw(s): Def

Dimitri
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd, Res

M!Morgan
Super Asset(s): HP, Res

F!Morgan
Super Asset(s): Atk, Def
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd

Orson
Super Asset(s): Res

Orson's kit
Bereft Lance: Grants Def+3. Grants Atk/Def+X during combat. (Calculates X based on number of allies within 2 spaces of unit: 0 allies grants +6; 1 ally grants +4; 2 allies grants +2; 3 or greater than 3 grants +0.) If the number of allies within 2 spaces is one or less, neutralizes foe's bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat.
-
Ignis
-
Vantage 3 [4* unlock]
Rouse Atk/Def 3

Also, the prerequisites for the Meance skills is Lv. 2 Threaten X/X.

Spoiler

Does that mean they don't appear on story maps? El and Dimitri

37 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

Hide contents

Does that mean they don't appear on story maps? El and Dimitri

I think that's referring to randomized maps like Training Tower, Tempest Trials, and Forging Bonds.

2 hours ago, Naoshi said:

Oh I see. That's huh okay. I guess thinks they are op.

Yeah, they'll still show up in the Story maps for Book V Chapter 7 (and the Chain Challenge version of it) but past that you won't see them anywhere else unless it's a PvP mode (like Arena, Aether Raids, Grand Conquests, Pawns of Loki, etc.).

Me last week: "Yes! 2 Dimitri variants maxed, now just a Legendary and future seasonal left!"

Me last night: "...goddamn it. I JUST did this!"

So yes...love Dimitri, but I could use a bit of a reprieve from him until summer. At least this is an addition to the blue pool I won't mind summoning. 

Angery Dimitri feels really redundant, far more so than Edelgard. It's kind of a repeat of Legendary/Fallen Ike, except a bit worse. Because Angery Dimitri just is Legendary Dimitri. That is his outfit at that point in his character arc, and he even plays similarly.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Angery Dimitri feels really redundant, far more so than Edelgard. It's kind of a repeat of Legendary/Fallen Ike, except a bit worse. Because Angery Dimitri just is Legendary Dimitri. That is his outfit at that point in his character arc, and he even plays similarly.

FOW!Dimitri is player phase unit, and he got Firesweep on top of his Canto, so in that regard, he can actually differentiate himself from dual phase Dimitri: Savior King and enemy phase Dimitri: King of Faerghus.

FOW!Edelgard's only improvement over Edelgard: Flame Emperor is being colorless, but worse as a double Galeforcer since her Raging Storm is dependent on transformation and she does not have access to Brave Axe for securing kills. Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor is flat out superior as a dual phase and enemy phase unit since she got dual phase guaranteed follow-up for securing kills, has better damage reduction, has real mobility, got no stupid positioning requirements, can work in any team composition, and is one of the best Save tank along with Gustav: Majestic Love.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

FOW!Edelgard's only improvement over Edelgard: Flame Emperor is being colorless, but worse as a double Galeforcer since her Raging Storm is dependent on transformation and she does not have access to Brave Axe for securing kills.

• Colorless
  • Better survivability
  • Distant Counter
  • Ability to run Bold Fighter without giving up her extra action
  • Can run blessings
Edited by Othin

2 minutes ago, Othin said:
  • Colorless
  • Better survivability
  • Distant Counter
  • Ability to run Bold Fighter without giving up her extra action
  • Can run blessings

As a player phase unit, compared to Edelgard: Flame Emperor, Distant Counter and better survivability on enemy phase is irrelevant in my opinion. And if better survivability is an issue on enemy phase, might as well just run a dual phase Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor.

Bold Fighter will not help her since her Spd is so low. Her best bet is to run Daring Fighter-Bold Fighter (if Bold Fighter becomes a Sacred Seal); double Bold Fighter also works.

Being able to run any Blessings is nice though.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

As a player phase unit, compared to Edelgard: Flame Emperor, Distant Counter and better survivability on enemy phase is irrelevant in my opinion. And if better survivability is an issue on enemy phase, might as well just run a dual phase Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor.

Bold Fighter will not help her since her Spd is so low. Her best bet is to run Daring Fighter-Bold Fighter (if Bold Fighter becomes a Sacred Seal); double Bold Fighter also works.

Being able to run any Blessings is nice though.

Better survivability is useful if you want to throw her deep into enemy lines without having to use one of her actions to retreat, then not die to what's left.

I did forget about her own follow-up prevention, though, that does make Bold Fighter unappealing at present.

19 hours ago, Florete said:

What is the point? I'm reading this from the sidelines and I really can't tell.

The point is that since Edelgard (the character herself) isn't even two years old yet, it's pretty crazy that she's already gotten five different versions in Heroes, outpacing every character that came before her due to how new and young the character is. Everyone just kind of said the same thing in several different ways and it all got muddled up.

Anyway, I don't really know what I expected for Orson, but I'm...kind of disappointed? I dunno, he seems a little underwhelming. Then again, the only GHB Fallen character who has really been very good is Ashnard, so I suppose my hopes were too high, even if I don't even really know what those hopes were.