Old Fire Emblem ROM hacks

Zalor

I'm on a quest to learn about the early history of Fire Emblem rom hacking. As part of my research, I want to learn about (and preferably play) the earliest rom hacks I can find. And by rom hack, I should specify I am referring to hacks that attempt to create some kind of original experience. The earliest hack I can find that attempted to do this was Iggy's hack called FE7 Hack: Nino's Adventure, which you can read more about here: (https://fessforum.proboards.com/thread/863/fe7-hack-ninos-adventure?page=7).

I don't know if the Nino's Adventure ever reached the point of coming out with a patch, but if it did and if anyone has a copy of it gathering dust, if you could share it I would be very curious to get a look at it. Even if a patch was never released, if any screenshots of it still exist, that would also satisfy my curiosity to an extent. And lastly, even if there aren't any screenshots of it left anymore, if anyone here still remembers anything about that hack, even the most mundane information about it would be of interest to me. 

Other hacks I am looking for is a download for Nintenlord Saga, as well as Blazer's Prince of Durand. There is also a couple hacks mentioned in this thread which I am interested in, but that don't have downloads:

In that thread, I am specifically interested in the hack by Pukachi that @Lamia mentions. Described as "3 very hastily done chapters". Unfortunately the download link provided seems to be broken now. I am also interested in a download and some information about PZ Ribbon mentioned by Lord Glenn in that thread.

If there are other rom hacks people would recommend I check out please tell me. However, I am specifically looking for hacks that were made in 2008 at latest, and preferably before. And just in general, I would be happy to foster any kind of discussion about the very early days of Fire Emblem ROM hacking. Be it discussion about important figures who helped pave the way for this hobby to develop (Iggy, Icy Toast, Pukachi, etc). Or just discussion about what people remember about the "dark ages" of Fire Emblem hacking. 

If anything, i would recommend MK404's hack, as i'm pretty sure it's one of the first? 

Also, considering you're specifically looking for very old mods, i think it makes sense to assume that most links would be down, as they are older/outdated now.

13 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

If anything, i would recommend MK404's hack, as i'm pretty sure it's one of the first? 

Also, considering you're specifically looking for very old mods, i think it makes sense to assume that most links would be down, as they are older/outdated now.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I believe that MK404's hack might be the first complete hack, but as the archived thread I linked to in my OP shows, Iggy's Nino's Adventure hack was being worked on in 2004. Several years before MK404's hack, which I believed came out in 2007. Also, I'm very much aware that looking for old mods is difficult, which is why I made a public thread hoping somebody might be able to help me out. But perhaps FEU would be a better place for a thread like this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/4/2021 at 11:14 PM, Zalor said:

I'm on a quest to learn about the early history of Fire Emblem rom hacking. As part of my research, I want to learn about (and preferably play) the earliest rom hacks I can find. And by rom hack, I should specify I am referring to hacks that attempt to create some kind of original experience. The earliest hack I can find that attempted to do this was Iggy's hack called FE7 Hack: Nino's Adventure, which you can read more about here: (https://fessforum.proboards.com/thread/863/fe7-hack-ninos-adventure?page=7).

I don't know if the Nino's Adventure ever reached the point of coming out with a patch, but if it did and if anyone has a copy of it gathering dust, if you could share it I would be very curious to get a look at it. Even if a patch was never released, if any screenshots of it still exist, that would also satisfy my curiosity to an extent. And lastly, even if there aren't any screenshots of it left anymore, if anyone here still remembers anything about that hack, even the most mundane information about it would be of interest to me. 

Other hacks I am looking for is a download for Nintenlord Saga, as well as Blazer's Prince of Durand. There is also a couple hacks mentioned in this thread which I am interested in, but that don't have downloads:

In that thread, I am specifically interested in the hack by Pukachi that @Lamia mentions. Described as "3 very hastily done chapters". Unfortunately the download link provided seems to be broken now. I am also interested in a download and some information about PZ Ribbon mentioned by Lord Glenn in that thread.

If there are other rom hacks people would recommend I check out please tell me. However, I am specifically looking for hacks that were made in 2008 at latest, and preferably before. And just in general, I would be happy to foster any kind of discussion about the very early days of Fire Emblem ROM hacking. Be it discussion about important figures who helped pave the way for this hobby to develop (Iggy, Icy Toast, Pukachi, etc). Or just discussion about what people remember about the "dark ages" of Fire Emblem hacking. 

how many rom hacks have you collected? would uoi be willing to make a download pack of them?

i would be interested in it. i hhave not been a long time hacker collector