Forging Bonds: Forces of Will!

A new Forging Bonds event is here!

Forging_Bonds_Forces_of_Will.jpg.57ef20c5b85d8f9d309b48f0ce8bfb24.jpg

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are the new Heroes from the "Forces of Will" summoning event.

In Forging Bonds, SP and Hero Merit earned in battle are doubled, so use this opportunity to train your most needed units.

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

Main

Spoiler

I guess with all the murderous people around, they kind of had to implement a peacebinding function to the canon of the summoning contracts.

Edelgard (C, B obtained)

Spoiler

I'm glad they went the route of having Edelgard talk to gods this time, though I do think it would have fit Brave Edelgard better.

M!Morgan (C obtained)

Spoiler

I like the direction this is going in so far. ...Thoooough I do wonder if the version of his mom he'll find is the Halloween one. He might wind up wanting to get into costume, too. Anyway, I suspect Lucina's going to be confused by Morgan and Robin's benign interactions.

F!Morgan (C obtained)

Spoiler

Mo-mo? Ugh, sounds like a Tiki nickname... (And if she had Tiki hair, it would be kind of cute.) I'm sure Fallen F!Morgan wouldn't be able to stand getting a nickname that sounds like it came from Naga's daughter. She seemed to like the idea of talking tactics over tea, though. Not surprising, since it was her other self who suggested it.

Dimitri (C, B obtained)

Spoiler

Man, I'm really liking this one. ^_^ I love tragic heroes, and Lif and Dimitri are favorites. It's also something of a follow-up from his Brave FB. I'm curious to see how it goes forward. Dimitri being confused by Alfonse vs Lif and that stopping his murderous rampage is kind of funny/cute, too. I like Alfonse's contribution to all this as well. ^_^ It's just really nice so far.

Overall, it's interesting, and I'm enjoying it. I hope this keeps up.

I was kinda expecting Duma to show up in Edelgards chain. Having Edelgard faces the other sort of extreme about a god with a very hands off approach might be interesting even if this Edelgard is too far gone for any serious self reflecting. 

Male Morgan really drew the short end of the stick compared to female Morgan who actually gets to chat with her fellow Morgan. Meanwhile Male Morgan's conversation with Lucina doesn't entirely land because it doesn't really focus on the contrast between good boy Morgan, and bad guy Morgan. As either a little brother or the son of her dad's best friend Lucina and Morgan would always end up as close but Lucina doesn't seem spooked at all about her goofy friend being evil which is a missed opportunity. The conflict is more about Morgan being a Grima worshiper rather than Lucina's friend having become corrupted. 

I like that Edelgard actually talked to Mila, and that Mila both respected her strength and determination while warning Edelgard that her ideology won't be all peaches and cream either. Could've really done without the reference to Kiran's world at the end ... although ironically that just makes me believe all the more that Edelgard's ideal society will be doomed in the real world if we look at actual historical examples.

Only thing that would've made Edelgard's support chain better is if Edelgard talked to more divine beings. Seeing a conversation with Yune and Edelgard would've been absolutely great, Yune would probably find Edelgard super interesting.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Interesting how Fallen Dimitri's chain loops directly into normal Dimitri's forging bond chain.

Yeah. That one is pretty sad. I really like the flashback to the previous Forging Bond. The interconnectedness and tragedy makes it really nice.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Interesting how Fallen Dimitri's chain loops directly into normal Dimitri's forging bond chain.

Honestly, the game seems to be insistent on drawing parallels between Dimitri and Alfonse. Not only did their normal selves converse in pre-timeskip Dimitri's forging bonds, but Brave Dimitri also got a talking to from Lif in his Forging Bonds. It's actually kind of interesting, because an Alfonse in one universe does canonically become "fallen", driven to rage and misery by loss. The parallels between them actually seem legit.