Regarding the Content Patch

Hey all, recently decided to start up the DS games to scratch the FE itch that's been nagging me for a bit. I decided to emulate both (this for Cirosan's QoL patch mostly, and New Mystery because...well, yeah, my Japanese is non-existent). I was wondering if anyone has played through Merciless/5* with this patch, and your general thoughts on how having the prologues available on HM affects the difficulty curve? From my understanding, the first few (specifically 1-3) chapters are infamously difficult due to the constraints on you at the time (not unlike titles such as Awakening, still have nightmares about resetting a paired Chrom on Chapter 2), but there wasn't as much push back as expected and I'm 100% sure it is due to those extra 2-3 levels before Ch. 1.

Part of me wants to restart a non-patched version, but on the other hand, prologue 3 and 4 were kind of absurd... like, beyond anything I can remember from other Lunatic/Maddening/whatever hard modes from previous titles brought (you'll probably know what I'm talking about if you've used the patch, tons of resets for rng misses to get them done with all units), so I guess it almost evens out. Considering I likely will only use Cain/Abel (maybe even one of either) and Marth ofc, is it worth restarting Merc on the normal game, in your opinion?

Edit: or better yet, is there a way to run the patch without the prologues?

Edited by Relytive
Typo

You're talking about New Mystery of the Emblem (otherwise known as FE12), not Shadow Dragon (which is FE11).  I don't think the two patches you installed should up the difficulty to the point where the prologues become ridiculously hard, so you're probably looking at the game's own nonsense.  If you're struggling on Merciless, maybe bump it down a notch?  I'll shove this in the FE12 subforum.