who would you like to see in the bridal event this year? and who do you think that will or won't be there?

ARMADS!!!

So, it's almost time of the Bridal banner, that is always in the middle/end of may. Who do you want to see there? and who do you think that will be there instead? what about the duo hero? and who do you think that definitively won't be there?

Who I think will be there: Honestly, I think IS is probably going to put either Camilla, Lucina, Corrin, Azura, Byleth, the whitewings or one of the dragon girls, or maybe even Chrom or Robin there, at least one of them, since they are among the characters with the greatest number of alts in the game that don't have a bridal version yet (and/or are lot of people's waifus), specially Camilla that, except for Lyn, is the only character to have 7 alts (and Lyn already has a bridal alt). But honestly, I would like to see characters that have, you know... less alts, not that I would hate if they put one of these but still, most of them have a ton of alts and would be getting even more while other characters could be getting one of their firsts alts/being added to the game (like Rafiel last year). Anyaway, I'm kinda surprised that neither Camilla nor Azura already have one (since they are so popular),  so if they don't get one this year it, will be soon.

Other popular characters they might put there are Eliwood and Hector (not as a couple), to tease ship wars with Lyn and also because Ninian has a bridal alt too (and Hector is one of the few characters to have 5 alts, so IS might want to give him even more, since the the FEH logic is the more alts a character have, the greater the chance to get another one). Or they might want to put some 3 houses characters, this would give them the possibly to put some possibly canon explicit gay pairings (since this is the only game where this is possible and a lot of fans would be happy to see same sex pairings in a bridal event)  I also think that if they don't put any of these characters, they might go with one of the OC's, because they always get a special banner aside from the new year one (Book 1 had a easter banner, Book 2 had one of the beach banners, book 3 had the Valentines banner this year), so if it is about the OC's then it will probably be of book 4 since 5 is not finished yet.

Also there will be at least one canon couple, they almost always do this, it won't necessarilly be the duo hero, I think.

Who I think that definitively won't be there: Aside from extremely non popular characters and characters that already had a bridal alt, I don't think this year the banner will include any (or at least no much) Tellius characters, we already had 2 with the marjority of the brides/grooms being from there (including last year's). Nor the three houses leaders and Byleth combo (since Dimitri got his legendary alt recently, and now both him and Edelgard got a new fallen alt) but we could get them apart (like one or both Byleths, cause both of them are very popular, maybe Claude, idk). Also I think Alm and Celica won't be there too since they already had an alt dedicated to their love (so maybe the pairings Berkut/Rinea, Sigurd/Deirdre and Quan/Ethilyn won't be there for the same reasons, since they are in the soiree and masquerade banners).

Now who I want: I wouldn't mind having another Hector alt at all, even if he aready has a lot (simply because I love Hector), but I just wish one thing: please have Armads again instead of one of those generical bridal weapons, it can even be the "Bridal Armads" or something like this (like the Valentine's Hector "Berserk Armads", a non inheretable weapon in an event whee most of them are). Also I wish to one day see Mae and Boey in either a bridal or a devotion day banner, so I'm kinda hoping for it. It would be cool to see Nino and Jaffar together too but this probably will never happen, also something like "Nótt and Otr: the hateful couple" looks cool (with them no longer liking each other but for some reason going to the festival together only to bicker). I also saw a post somewhere with somenoe saying that it would be cool to have Catria, Faye and another characters with unrequited love for somenoe getting over it together, and I agree with this. Also Ishtar, Soren or post timeskip Edelgard, yeah I know they has nothing to do with this banner but I'm always up for a new alt from either (and it would be cool to see Edelgard using a bridal dress, a cape and her horn crown) . There is probably a lot more chacacters/pairings I would like to see there but I can't think of any more in particular now.

The duo hero: I don't have many guessings for the duo hero, maybe something involving some of the popular characters I mentioned before like Corrin and Azura or Chrom and Robin? IDK, or it could be a pair of retainers from any of the Hoshido/Nohr siblings, like Kagero and Saizo or Selena and Laslow (since last year it was Oboro and Hinata, well they were not the duo hero, just a pairing but anyway...), I don't think this makes much sense... Actually I think I'm guessing in a canon pairing like las year's Micaiah and Sothe.

How about you?

Edited by ARMADS!!!

The really weird thing about this banner is that the alternating between duo and harmonic units suggests we'll be getting a harmonic wedding pair, unless they decide to break the pattern. Which is a really odd concept! Last year, we got a bride/groom pair, so this year, will we get some sort of cross-game shipping? Of course, even if the characters aren't depicted as a couple, showing up together on this banner would likely result in shipping anyway.

Given that it's a harmonic banner, we can expect a mix of games. FE8 and Heroes have gotten a lot of seasonal attention the past few months, so they might stay away from those. Jugdral and Three Houses haven't gotten any wedding units yet, they could be good candidates. Jugdral could work to let them pull Altina-style shenanigans with the harmonic with something like Leif/Nanna, I guess.

Speaking of Jugdral, the only games left without harmonic representation are FE2, FE5, FE6, and TMS, so we should expect at least one of those games in that pair. Which would fit with an FE4+5 pair. FE4 is also one of the games that's only gotten one harmonic so far - I think it'd be a bit soon for another harmonic from FE10 or FE13 since they've got two each, or FE8 since it was on the last harmonic (and also the last duo).

According to the pattern, it should be a harmonic hero instead of a duo hero this time (so they'll be from separate games.) I really, really would love to see Groom Lon'qu + Bride Florina for MAXIMUM HILARITY. (He's afraid of women, she's afraid of men. Best couple.)

Edit: As for who I expect... Well, it'll probably be a game that hasn't shown up on bridal banners before, so probably not FE7 (Lyn, Ninian, Pent, Louise), Fates (Oboro, Hinata, Charlotte), FE10 (Nailah, Rafiel, Micaiah + Sothe), FE9 (Sanaki, Tanith, Sigrun), Awakening (Cordelia, Tharja) (rats; there goes my one chance at Bride Florina and Groom Lon'qu), FE1/3/11/12 (Marth and Caeda), Heroes (Fjorm)... Uhh am I missing any? Probably... I only counted 13 units (Miciah and Sothe count as 1.) Dang, I am drawing so many blanks right now...

Anyway, it probably also will not be from FE8 or 3H since they've been getting a lot of attention lately. Of course, FE4/5 have been, too, just not as recently. So, I guess that leaves us with FE2/15. So, maybe we'll get Bride Tatiana and Groom Totally-Not-Camus. Maybe Bride Nyna will show up, too. That'd be something. Actually, I could see them having Bride Tatiana and Bride Nyna as the harmonic, talking about their totally-not-the-same boyfriends.

Credit where credit is due: I was in the middle of writing this when Acacia Sgt suggested Sirius and Tatiana. Looks like I'm not the only one who thought of it.

Edit again: If it is a Valenia focus, then we'll probably also get Bride Sonya because it's something IS would do. Maybe also Bride Genny because people think Genny is sweet and cute and IS likes having that represented too, and she has something of a friendship with Sonya. So that would be...

Banner: Bride Sonya, Groom Zeke, Bridal Harmonic Tatiana + Nyna, (And probably some Archanaean associated with Nyna as a Groom unit here.)

TT+: Bride Genny (so that the TT focus can talk about Sonya and Genny while the paralogue focuses on Nyna, Tatiana, and their complicated realtionships)

Edit again again: Eh, let's just call him Zeke.

Final (probably) Edit: Units I forgot from previous bridal banners added.

Edited by Mercakete

Just now, Othin said:

The really weird thing about this banner is that the alternating between duo and harmonic units suggests we'll be getting a harmonic wedding pair, unless they decide to break the pattern. Which is a really odd concept! Last year, we got a bride/groom pair, so this year, will we get some sort of cross-game shipping? Of course, even if the characters aren't depicted as a couple, showing up together on this banner would likely result in shipping anyway.

I assume the cross game shipping could also potentially be between closely related games, like Sephiran (POR) X Altina (RD), Reinhardt (776) X Ishtar (Ribald Tales), and Robin (Awakening) X Rhajat (Fates).

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I assume the cross game shipping could also potentially be between closely related games, like Sephiran (POR) X Altina (RD), Reinhardt (776) X Ishtar (Ribald Tales), and Robin (Awakening) X Rhajat (Fates).

I don't think we're going to see another FE9+10 pair this soon (especially not another one involving Altina), but I did bring up the FE4+5 possibility.

Edited by Othin

I am hoping to see Leanne and Naesala as they were teased last year. For the harmonic I don't know, I guess it is going to be something like Thracia/Geneology, PoR/RD. You can't exactly "marry" together characters that met in Askr. 

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also a possibility if they were to go with Sirius and Tatiana.

Ooh, good catch.

Would be interesting if they do, and have Tatiana with her face partly or fully covered by a veil, saying it's to match with Sirius' mask (who of course would still be wearing one even as a groom XD). 

I wonder what they'll do with the probable Harmonic as well? There is the possibility that another seasonal banner will come out before the Bridal one, therefor making the Bridal banner have a Duo Hero again, or IS could just break the pattern. We'll have to see when ever the new calendar comes out.

The Duo/Harmonized doesn't necessarily have to be couple. For some reason Owain/Ophelia come to mind for me, that's technically a Harmonized Hero combo that could work, and Owain didn't get his alt earlier.

15 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I wonder what they'll do with the probable Harmonic as well? There is the possibility that another seasonal banner will come out before the Bridal one, therefor making the Bridal banner have a Duo Hero again, or IS could just break the pattern. We'll have to see when ever the new calendar comes out.

The Duo/Harmonized doesn't necessarily have to be couple. For some reason Owain/Ophelia come to mind for me, that's technically a Harmonized Hero combo that could work, and Owain didn't get his alt earlier.

Huh, I'd been thinking through some options for FE13+14 pairs involving Owain or Odin but hadn't considered the parent and child angle. I don't think that's the likely game lineup, but they could do something similar for an FE6+7 pair, like FE7 Eliwood with FE6 Roy, Fir with FE7 Bartre, or Sue with Rath.

20 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Oooh! I want a Lissa/Ophelia pair. I am not sure if it was the official Heroes' comic or fan comic, but I remember seeing Lissa shocked to find out that she is a granny (or great granny).

50 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am hoping to see Leanne and Naesala as they were teased last year.

That would be pretty cool. Unfortunately I think IS won't do it since the story of each side story are never (or almost never) connected, but it would be a great step if for some motive they decided to connect it with last year's

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Edit: As for who I expect... Well, it'll probably be a game that hasn't shown up on bridal banners before, so probably not FE7 (Lyn, Pent, Louise), Fates (Charlotte), FE10 (Micaiah + Sothe), FE9 (Sanaki, Tanith, Sigrun), Awakening (Cordelia, Tharja) (rats; there goes my one chance at Bride Florina and Groom Lon'qu), FE1/3/11/12 (Marth and Caeda), Heroes (Fjorm)... Uhh am I missing any? Probably... I only counted 13 units (Miciah and Sothe count as 1.) Dang, I am drawing so many blanks right now...

As much as I would like to see characters from other games, I think that there is a great chance of repeating the game sagain. You see, with the exception of Fjorm, Marth and Caeda, every Bride and Groom were from FE7 (Lyn, Ninian, Pent, Louise) , Fates (Charlotte, Oboro, Hinata), Awakening (Cordelia, Tharja) or Tellius series (Sanaki, Sigrun, Tanith, Nailah, Rafiel, Micaiah, Sothe). Probably because these are the ones where people have the most popular ships or waifus. If they change the game, I think they are going with 3 houses, since its the most popular now (with tons of shipping and waifus/husbandos).

Actually, I suspect they created the bridal festival banner with the sole purpouse of doing a "waifu version" of the most popular waifus (I mean, there are way more female units on this event than male units), rarely adding a guy that is part of a canon couple (like Marth and Pent) so it won't feel just "the banner with tons of girls in white dresses", only last year toning down the waifuing a bit and going for more popular couples and ships instead of just girls (and somehow managed to make bridal Micaiah both a waifu and a ship teasing unit, with the whole "Mentioning-that-Sothe-is-my-non-blood-brother-every-two-seconds").

I don't think there is such a thing like a popular bridal festival/holiday in Japan, is it? because if there isn't then waifuing and ship teasing was the motive of creating this event in FEH, but we all love it anyway

Thats why I don't think they are going for games like FE5 or FE 1 and 2 (I suspect IS only put Marth and Caeda because they wanted a canon couple like Pent and Louise so they went with the first FE main character and his wife), because there aren't many characters in these games being called waifu and getting tons of hype over them. But I would love if they did about other characters too

Edited by ARMADS!!!

4 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

That would be pretty cool. Unfortunately I think IS won't do it since the story of each side story are never (or almost never) connected, but it would be a great step if for some motive they decided to connect it with last year's

As much as I would like to see characters from other games, I think that there is a great chance of repeating the game s again. You see, with the exception of Fjorm, Marth and Caeda, every Bride and Groom were from FE7 (Lyn, Ninian, Pent, Louise) , Fates (Charlotte, Oboro, Hinata), Awakening (Cordelia, Tharja) or Tellius series (Sanaki, Sigrun, Tanith, Nailah, Rafiel, Micaiah, Sothe). Probaly because these are the ones where people have the most popular ships or waifus. If they change the game, I think they are going with 3 houses, since its the most popular now (with tons of shipping and waifus/husbandos).

Actually, I suspect they created the bridal festival banner with the sole purpouse of doing a "waifu version" of the most popular waifus (I mean, there are way more female units on this event than male units), rerely adding a guy  that is part of a canon couple (like Marth and Pent) so it won't feel just "the banner with tons of girls in white dresses", only last year toning down the waifuing a bit and going for more popular couples and ships (and somehow managed to make bridal Micaiah both a waifu and a ship teasing unit, with the whole "Mentioning-that-Sothe-is-my-non-blood-brother-every-two-seconds").

I don't think there is such a thing like a popular bridal festival/holiday in Japan, is it? because if there isn't then waifuing and ship teasing was the motive of creating this event in FEH, but we al love it anyway

Thats why I don't think they are going for games like FE5 or FE 1 and 2 (I suspect IS only put Marth and Caeda because they wanted a canon couple like Pent and Louise they went with the first FE main character), because there aren't many characters being called waifu and getting tons of hype over them. But I would love if they did about other characters too

The spring and bride banners have had some instances of characters following up on previous years. I think it'd make sense for that to continue with Leanne and Naesala, and it'd be nice to get more flying beasts. So those could be options for some of the non-harmonic picks.

The bride banner isn't any more bound to popular characters than any other seasonal banner, and we've gotten plenty of less popular seasonals over the years.

@ARMADS!!!

I do agree with you that this was probably originally a waifu thing, but they do have canon couples on here too (Marth x Caeda, Rafiel x Nailah, Pent x Louise, and Micaiah x Sothe), and probably partially because there are fans who really like canon couples being cute. Also, thanks for reminding me of characters I missed. XD; I'll go edit them in.

But, regardless, I still think we'll be getting FE11 + FE15 as the banner, focusing on Tatiana and Nyna, especially since the in-world focus of the wedding festival is that it's dressing up, not actually getting married. And those two would totally fantasize about Camus/Zeke/Sirius. The story writes itself.

37 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

If the pattern is Duohero-HarmonicDuo-DuoHero-HaronicDuo-DuoHero... then shouldn't it be a Duo hero now? I might be forgetting someone but as far as I remember the last we got was Myrrh and Nah, with no Duo hero after.

2 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

If the pattern is Duohero-HarmonicDuo-DuoHero-HaronicDuo-DuoHero... then shouldn't it be a Duo hero now? I might be forgetting someone but as far as I remember the last we got was Myrrh and Nah, with no Duo hero after.

Eirika and Ephraim from the child banner.

The seasonal banner itself is likely a reference to the concept of June Brides. Ever since the calendar system we use has existed, June has been considered a month of good fortune to marry.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

@ARMADS!!!

I do agree with you that this was probably originally a waifu thing, but they do have canon couples on here too (Marth x Caeda, Rafiel x Nailah, Pent x Louise, and Micaiah x Sothe), and probably partially because there are fans who really like canon couples being cute. Also, thanks for reminding me of characters I missed. XD; I'll go edit them in.

But, regardless, I still think we'll be getting FE11 + FE15 as the banner, focusing on Tatiana and Nyna, especially since the in-world focus of the wedding festival is that it's dressing up, not actually getting married. And those two would totally fantasize about Camus/Zeke/Sirius. The story writes itself.

I think this is a great idea too, the story seems great. I would like to see characters from other games, I just think that if they decide to go more for waifuing and less for couples or ship teasing this year then is not very likable to happen (unfortunately) 

As I was saying, I think that last year it became less of a waifu thing with more couples and a more equal Male-Female ratio, I hope it continues this way though

Edited by ARMADS!!!

49 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Yeah, I also like the concept of having a non romantic Harmonic Hero in the bridal event, it could be family members or Lord/Lady and Retainer (like we Soiree Ishtar and Reinhardt). Hector and Lilina would be cool, since he "knows"(had that dream in FE7) that she is going to marry Roy so there could be a story from there (or maybe not, since this storyline was already used in one of the Valentine's banners and Hector and Lilina already had a Duo hero version for them in one Halloween, maybe this time Lilina can actually be thinking of confessing her feelings to Roy instead of showing her devotion to Hector)

It would be cool too if they did a storyline involving Ninian,Eliwood and Nils, so there could be a groom alt for Eliwood but Nils could be his normal version and appear in the cutscene only (like Leanne and Naesala last year) (and Ninian would also be cutscene only but could appear as her bride alt)

I would like to see Lewyn and Erinys too, or maybe a storyline about Ishtar alone and sad about Julius?

Alright, here's what I've got:

• Harmonic Sue + Rath (red or blue bow cavalry)
  • Leanne (blue beast flier)
  • Naesala (green beast flier)
  • Nanna (sword or lance cavalry)
  • Leif (staff cavalry)

Well Erk just recently got added so him and Serra likely won't be the bridal banner this time around. 

I'm personally rooting for Mae and Boey because they are in desperate need of new artwork and them so obviously being a couple makes them an inherently good fit for the bridal banner. 

I've been wanting Eliwood, Nils, Hector, Florina, and Rath to all make an appearance on the bride/groom banners for a couple years now, but that's very unlikely to happen. Maybe one or two of them, but I doubt they'll all make it, even if they were spread throughout different years. Aside from that, I've wanted to see more canonically married people, like Boey and Mae, Gray and Clair (provided they, and Boey and Mae, survive), Brom, Bartre and Karla, etc.

Yeah, they could pull an Altina/Sanaki and make a lame “harmonic” unit that isn’t too far fetched. Anymore Tellius couples that could headline? Ike, Soren? Lol 😛

Anyway, I am not the hugest Echoes fan by any means, but I am shocked that they have held off on Valentia content for this long... Mae and Boey alts when??