I purchased a hard copy of this game along with a Nintendo Switch a few weeks ago. I spent over $500 so I could play the latest installment of the Fire Emblem franchise and I am rather unimpressed. I have been a fan of Fire Emblem for nearly 20 years now and I hate to see the series lose its identity.

Design: The maps were generic, bland, too similar and repetitive.
Graphics: The overall game environment is of good quality, including the objects, the backdrop and the textures. However, the character models and special effects leave much to be desired.
Animations: The hair physics and facial animations during cut-scenes are impressive at first, but they still could have done much better for combat. (Ex: Miasma is just a purple fire spell.)
Characters: Each character is too distinct and tries too hard to stand out. Also, their personalities are very '1-dimensional' and have barely any development. They are tired tropes and awkward.
Story: The story was poorly written. The plot was weak and all-too-frankly cliché.
Soundtrack: The looping music became tiring, especially during exploration.

Overall: The game went in too many directions, certain parts felt rushed or unfinished. The quests, resource management, character recruiting and weapon maintenance all felt like chores rather than enjoyable game-play. The story had me cringing far too much (especially the voice acting), because the personalities were out-of-place within the setting. The mixing of university 'students' and church 'staff' was a bad marriage to say the least.

Fire Emblem is a strategy (tactical) role-playing game of the fantasy genre. The most important aspect of Fire Emblem should be good map (level) design. The satisfaction should come from the success of executing a logical strategy after surveying the map (not grinding levels and constantly exhausting the RNG feature.). The second most important aspect of Fire Emblem should the class-tree system. Each class has a role and purpose, this should compliment the use of strategic thinking. The third and final most important aspect of Fire Emblem should be the main character(s) and story. If the protagonist is silent, then it should be the tactician. If the protagonist is tied to the events of the story, then it should not be silent and play a clear role with a distinct motive. There are other things worth mentioning, but I'll leave it at this.

Also the dancer animation arm roll is objectively lame.

5/10

brother how are any of these new problems to the fire emblem franchise lmao

EDIT: nah between the post and the throwaway account literally titled 'throwaway' i'm gonna assume you're just trollin and take your toys away

Edited by Integrity