I'm kinda cerious how Fates is rated CERO C while Awakening and Echoes: Shadows of Valentia gotten rated CERO B in Japan?

Since all the Fire Emblem games in the Nintendo 3DS systems are rated T for Teen by ERSB in North America. I know that in Japan that Awakening is rated B by CERO while Fates was bumped to C by CERO and Echoes: Shadows of Valentia went back to CERO B. I'm just kinda cerious if anyone exactly knows how the CERO rating system works and what did Fates received a CERO C instead of CERO B? I know that CERO C is rated 15 and up while CERO B is rated 12 and up in Japan while we don't exactly have a ERSB rating around 15 and up between T for Teen (13 and up) and M for Mature (17 and up) in North America.

Since I kinda looked at some plot stuff and content showed in Fates that pretty much did not have in Awakening nor Echoes: Shadows of Valentia that might have gotten bumped to CERO C. Would these type of stuff appeared in Fates might have bumped to CERO C?:

Spoiler
  • I think those sudicial scenes of Ryoma stabbed himself with the Raijinto in Conquest and Elise jumped through Xander's attack to save Corrin in Birthright considered to be count? (I know that Emmeryn wouldn't kinda count since she did survived and had amnesia in Paralogue 23.)
  • Alot of Soldiers' Armor Breaks off and be in Underwear and even their butts shown in the Hoshido Men.
  • I would might say Corrin doing inappropriate touching on other people in Corrin's Treehouse. (the one that got cut in localized versions)
  • Maybe those suggestive costumes as well. (the one that got replaced by Bath Towels in localized versions as well)

or was it something else that might have got Fates bumped to CERO C?

Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:
  Hide contents
  • I think those sudicial scenes of Ryoma stabbed himself with the Raijinto in Conquest and Elise jumped through Xander's attack to save Corrin in Birthright considered to be count? (I know that Emmeryn wouldn't kinda count since she did survived and had amnesia in Paralogue 23.)
  • Alot of Soldiers' Armor Breaks off and be in Underwear and even their butts shown in the Hoshido Men.
  • I would might say Corrin doing inappropriate touching on other people in Corrin's Treehouse. (the one that got cut in localized versions)
  • Maybe those suggestive costumes as well. (the one that got replaced by Bath Towels in localized versions as well)

I'm pretty sure the skinship was the biggest factor. Also interesting to note is that the Japanese box for the Valentia Complete Edition of Echoes shows a CERO C rating (even though Echoes itself was given a B), because it came with a disc containing HD cutscenes from RD through Echoes, and as such, all the cutscenes from Fates.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

If you look at the detailed results for the ratings boards for both ESRB and PEGI, you'll notice that Camilla's introduction scene is mentioned. I think PEGI actually adds a sexual content warning to Birthright that Conquest doesn't get in one region's boards- the other one considers the Conquest boob bonk as equally worth mentioning.

Yeah I'd say the content was a little more "extreme" than the other games, let's just be thankful it came out in 2016 because trust me people would be losing their minds about the game if Fates came out in 2021

Fanservice and that shitty stuff.
You can basically see every character in his underwear, and even if they are just crappy 3DS models, it was more than enough for them to rate that game C.

Curious enough, in my country, we use the "Pegi" system, which basically assign an "age limit" to every game (the age used are 3, 7, 12, 16 and 18), and then put some indication about why the game is rated like that.
And Awakening, Fates and Echoes all have the same Pegi, Pegi 12. But I'm kinda sure one of the indication about why Fates and Awakening are Pegi 12 is "Sex", while Echoes do not have it. I think showing a weapon or extreme violence in a game is enough for the Pegi system to rate the game 12 (because Pokémon, for example, is Pegi 7 from 2013).

On 5/14/2021 at 3:32 PM, Francis said:

And Awakening, Fates and Echoes all have the same Pegi, Pegi 12. But I'm kinda sure one of the indication about why Fates and Awakening are Pegi 12 is "Sex", while Echoes do not have it. I think showing a weapon or extreme violence in a game is enough for the Pegi system to rate the game 12 (because Pokémon, for example, is Pegi 7 from 2013).

From looking at the tags on the PEGI site, I thought it was the "bad language" that got them the 12. The tag as described on the tag description set doesn't list what Bad Language looks like in a 7+ game and 12+ has "mild bad language".

I think Seiros stabbing Nemesis in 3H would push them over the 12 for Violence these days, though. Cutscenes have gotten a lot more intense since PoR.