Support Converstaions and Love Relationships!

--ACE--

Hey Guys! The FE Rookie is back with more questions! :KnollRoll:Now i wanna ask about the Support Conversations and Love Relationships, I'm still playing Sacred Stones but i'm already at Support Level B with Eirika and Seth, i know the support conversations return in other games, i just want to know if the metod of making they talk is diferent in other games like Binding Blade or Shadow Dragon DS, and what games do NOT have Support Conversations, like, the gamecube one has? the WII one? or ALL ( no exception ) have them?

I know that in Awakening the Support C. are elevated to the next level 💘 how it works? is similar to the Support Converstions? and is diferent in other games after awakening?  Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia was released after Awakening, and is a Remake of Gaiden, the original Gaiden do has the Relationships, this one does? questions like that.

Edited by Redpack007

Serenes Forest is more than a forum!  If you click on "Main Site", you'll be taken to a page that should answer all of this, and more!  Click on a game once you hit the main site, and you'll get a lot of data.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Serenes Forest is more than a forum!  If you click on "Main Site", you'll be taken to a page that should answer all of this, and more!  Click on a game once you hit the main site, and you'll get a lot of data.

Thanks! I'm gonna check it right away!

I understanded that some games have diferent ways of Support, like Path of Radiance and the WII one, Thanks Serenes Forest!👌 

But i still don't understand the relationships in awakening... And the child and sibling thing just screwed up my brain...

Is like, when the Support Duo reach level S they MARRY? is that optional? ( I know that this does not apply to all characters ) And they can have a CHILD? And some of them become Siblings?...i don't understand... 

Edited by Redpack007

On 5/12/2021 at 10:47 AM, Redpack007 said:

I understanded that some games have diferent ways of Support, like Path of Radiance and the WII one, Thanks Serenes Forest!👌 

But i still don't understand the relationships in awakening... And the child and sibling thing just screwed up my brain...

Is like, when the Support Duo reach level S they MARRY? is that optional? ( I know that this does not apply to all characters ) And they can have a CHILD? And some of them become Siblings?...i don't understand... 

I got you for Awakening!

In Awakening, there isn't a limit on support conversations, and all characters who can support can reach the A rank with each other. However, only heterosexual couples can get married once they reach S support. When a couple is married, after a certain point in the game (Chapter 13 IIRC) a paralogue will unlock, where the child of said couple can be recruited. With the exception of Lucina to Chrom and Morgan to Robin**, all of the children are linked to the mother. (So they can have different dads who will change the hair color, stats, growths, and class inheritance, but will always have the same mom.) 

Outside of Chrom, who will be married regardless of what supports he has or doesn't have*, marrying off characters is completely optional. What may be messing you up about the siblings is that Chrom and Robin, can each have two children, depending on who they marry. Each of Chrom's named potential wives (F!Robin, Sumia, Sully, Maribelle, and Olivia) carry with them their own child, which leads to the two resulting children becoming siblings. The same is true for M!Robin and any first generation woman he marries, outside of Say'ri and Tiki (and the final Paralogue characters).*** So for example, say Chrom marries Olivia, Robin marries Tharja, and Lon'qu marries Maribelle. Chrom will have two children - Lucina and Inigo. Robin will have two separate children - Noire and Morgan. Lon'qu and Maribelle will have one child - Brady. If Chrom marries F!Robin, Chrom will have two children, Lucina and Morgan. 

The siblings cannot marry, but I believe cousins can, but will be called "partners" in order to assuage Western fans. (And it is possible to get Morgan to court his/her aunt/uncle I believe - Morgan has to be the son or daughter of one child of Chrom - if the other child is the opposite gender of Morgan, they get married...I think. I honestly haven't tried that in a while.) 

Overall - yes, marriage is possible, but it's optional. Yes, Lucina and Morgan can have siblings. 

*If he has no supports with anyone, or all of his options are already married, the game will pair him with a Villager. It's honestly best if you marry him off to someone. Anyone

**Female Robin will always have Male Morgan as her son, and Male Robin will always have Female Morgan as his daughter. The hair colors and stats still depend on the other spouse, but Morgan will always be able to use any class that their respective gender can use.

***Robin can marry 2nd Gen units, but it will only result in Morgan.

2 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I got you for Awakening!

In Awakening, there isn't a limit on support conversations, and all characters who can support can reach the A rank with each other. However, only heterosexual couples can get married once they reach S support. When a couple is married, after a certain point in the game (Chapter 13 IIRC) a paralogue will unlock, where the child of said couple can be recruited. With the exception of Lucina to Chrom and Morgan to Robin**, all of the children are linked to the mother. (So they can have different dads who will change the hair color, stats, growths, and class inheritance, but will always have the same mom.) 

Outside of Chrom, who will be married regardless of what supports he has or doesn't have*, marrying off characters is completely optional. What may be messing you up about the siblings is that Chrom and Robin, can each have two children, depending on who they marry. Each of Chrom's named potential wives (F!Robin, Sumia, Sully, Maribelle, and Olivia) carry with them their own child, which leads to the two resulting children becoming siblings. The same is true for M!Robin and any first generation woman he marries, outside of Say'ri and Tiki (and the final Paralogue characters).*** So for example, say Chrom marries Olivia, Robin marries Tharja, and Lon'qu marries Maribelle. Chrom will have two children - Lucina and Inigo. Robin will have two separate children - Noire and Morgan. Lon'qu and Maribelle will have one child - Brady. If Chrom marries F!Robin, Chrom will have two children, Lucina and Morgan. 

The siblings cannot marry, but I believe cousins can, but will be called "partners" in order to assuage Western fans. (And it is possible to get Morgan to court his/her aunt/uncle I believe - Morgan has to be the son or daughter of one child of Chrom - if the other child is the opposite gender of Morgan, they get married...I think. I honestly haven't tried that in a while.) 

Overall - yes, marriage is possible, but it's optional. Yes, Lucina and Morgan can have siblings. 

*If he has no supports with anyone, or all of his options are already married, the game will pair him with a Villager. It's honestly best if you marry him off to someone. Anyone

**Female Robin will always have Male Morgan as her son, and Male Robin will always have Female Morgan as his daughter. The hair colors and stats still depend on the other spouse, but Morgan will always be able to use any class that their respective gender can use.

***Robin can marry 2nd Gen units, but it will only result in Morgan.

Let me see if I understand, Chrom is the Protagonist alongside with Avatar Robin, Chrom will always have Lucina, no matter who you hooked up with, but sometimes Chrom's partner also had a child option, and joining that with Chrom's mandatory daughter results in lucina having siblings, and the same can apply with Robin.
Now let's say this, Owain is Lissa's son, and he can have a romantic relationship with F! Morgan, But if M! Robin married Lissa, Owain and Morgan become brothers, is their romantic relationship cut off? (I hope so, it would be weird ...)

6 minutes ago, Redpack007 said:

Let me see if I understand, Chrom is the Protagonist alongside with Avatar Robin, Chrom will always have Lucina, no matter who you hooked up with, but sometimes Chrom's partner also had a child option, and joining that with Chrom's mandatory daughter results in lucina having siblings, and the same can apply with Robin.
Now let's say this, Owain is Lissa's son, and he can have a romantic relationship with F! Morgan, But if M! Robin married Lissa, Owain and Morgan become brothers, is their romantic relationship cut off? (I hope so, it would be weird ...)

Yup and yup!

If M!Robin gets married to Lissa, Owain and F!Morgan will be siblings, and the supports are changed to Morgan's sibling support.* The same is true for Lucina and any of her siblings. Lucina's support with Brady as her sibling is different than her one with Brady if they weren't related. Straight-up siblings CANNOT have romantic relationships. Only cousins, and even then it's "partners." 

Fates' romance works the exact same, but all of the children are linked to the father instead of the mother and no relationship is mandatory. (Shigure will always be Azura's son however, and Kana will always be Corrin's child. But unless M!Corrin marries Azura, F!Kana will be an only child. Meanwhile Shigure will always have a sibling.) 

*Fun fact, if M!Morgan and Lucina are siblings, Lucina's sibling support overrides M!Morgan's sibling support, showing a bit of a hierarchy. 

5 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Yup and yup!

If M!Robin gets married to Lissa, Owain and F!Morgan will be siblings, and the supports are changed to Morgan's sibling support.* The same is true for Lucina and any of her siblings. Lucina's support with Brady as her sibling is different than her one with Brady if they weren't related. Straight-up siblings CANNOT have romantic relationships. Only cousins, and even then it's "partners." 

Fates' romance works the exact same, but all of the children are linked to the father instead of the mother and no relationship is mandatory. (Shigure will always be Azura's son however, and Kana will always be Corrin's child. But unless M!Corrin marries Azura, F!Kana will be an only child. Meanwhile Shigure will always have a sibling.) 

*Fun fact, if M!Morgan and Lucina are siblings, Lucina's sibling support overrides M!Morgan's sibling support, showing a bit of a hierarchy. 

I see... you said only Heterosexual couples can get married, can i make a Lesbian couple in the game?

26 minutes ago, Redpack007 said:

I see... you said only Heterosexual couples can get married, can i make a Lesbian couple in the game?

Nope. At least not in Awakening.

23 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Nope. At least not in Awakening.

I can do it on the future games? like the Gaiden remake or Fates? (with the exception of Three Houses)

2 hours ago, Redpack007 said:

I can do it on the future games? like the Gaiden remake or Fates? (with the exception of Three Houses)

Only in Fates and 3H, and even then, it's limited to certain characters. Also of note, in 3H, to marry, you must obtain a ring after a spoileriffic event in part 1, and even then you don't get to choose who it is until right before the final battle in part 2 (which, depending on route, could mean having to endure two consecutive battles). This being said, among female characters, only Rhajat in Fates and Dorothea, Mercedes, and Edelgard in 3H are same-sex marriage options.

Edited by Shadow Mir

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also of note, in 3H, to marry, you must obtain a ring after a spoileriffic event in part 1,

You also obtain a ring if you complete Dorothea's paralogue IIRC. But I've never been sure about why. I have some theories, but that's about it...