Finally Completed Berwick Saga

tesuji2

So, I started Berwick Saga last summer and restarted half way through. Lots of things happened but I finally managed to complete the game yesterday. It was amazing and tons of fun. Also, it was really hard. Like, thank god the game lets you save every 5 turns or I would never have beaten it hard. I just started a second play-through last night.

I remember reading somewhere that you can get some really fancy accessories if you let enough characters die. I think I am going to check that out. I can't find where I read that now though ;(. Id like to check exactly what you get for how many character deaths.

Thank you so much to Aethin for translating the game and thanks to all the people who made information available. Its relatively hard to find details for this game.

24 minutes ago, tesuji2 said:

Id like to check exactly what you get for how many character deaths.

I believe it's

Four deaths-Dusk charm, granting +18 avo

Eight deaths-Dawn charm, granting +18 hit

And then... I think it's at twelve deaths, you get a really, really OP axe.

@Spara and @Saint Rubenio would be able to properly tell you, though!

Edited by Benice

2 hours ago, Benice said:

12 deaths is the Hide Charm, which confers the bearer the Hide skill.

16 deaths is the Konigswolf, which is an incredibly busted Rank 25 60 hit Axe with +2 strikes and better might than the Brymranger. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2021 at 1:16 AM, Benice said:

I believe it's

Four deaths-Dusk charm, granting +18 avo

Eight deaths-Dawn charm, granting +18 hit

@Spara and @Saint Rubenio would be able to properly tell you, though!

I haven't played the game, but 18 avoid seems like it'd be way better than 18 hit.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

I haven't played the game, but 18 avoid seems like it'd be way better than 18 hit.

It is in my opinion, but hit is really important in Berwick, since hitrates are very low before skills apply. Not every character will need the +18 hit, but there are quite a few that will become much better the moment they equip it.  As laughable as it would be in another FE-like game, I'd consider it to be very good.

• 1 month later...

In Berwick Saga, with very few exceptions, enemies can't attack after being hit. Also, on enemy phase, if you dodge an attack and then miss with your counter attack the enemy may get to attack again. That being the case, being able to hit more reliably also reduces your chances of being hit. There are also special cases that make hit valuable. For instance, all of the offense oriented magic users in the game have pretty low hit rates but are incredibly useful on several mission. Being able to hit makes them much easier to train and also much more reliable when you need them. 

I think I'd be more interested to have the hit bonus then the avoid bonus. The avoid is still very nice though.

Hey all, I'd like to report back and say that mercenaries do count for getting the items based on characters killed. Interestingly, 350... does not count. It's also pretty important who you kill off if your going to do this. You don't want to lose anyone that is required for sidequests later on or for other peoples promotions or some such. This means you need to keep Sherlock, Leon, Adel, Ward and Christine alive. There are probably others as well. I would say good candidates to get rid early on are Kramer, Axel(after the chapter 3 main mission), Daoud, and Esteban. There are probably some others that you can get rid of in the first 4 chapters if you don't plan to use them.

Some minor spoilers about 350... below

Spoiler

So, apparently if you manage to get Derrick defeated in battle he decides to leave the army and focus on his studies as he is actually a student. I thought that was pretty funny. Also, he dosen't speak but whoever he talks to in the abbey(was it sister izerna?) can understand him. Maybe his voice is just muffled through all that armour. I thought that was pretty funny.