why is kirby not in mario kart?

should kirby be in mario kart  

12 members have voted

1. 1. should kirby be in mario kart

• yes
    • no
    • IDK

For me: no, because he isn't a character from Mario games. I know they added a few characters from other franchises to MK8, but I don't like them there and am hoping that it will be back to just Mario characters when MK9 happens, whenever that might be. Nintendo already has Smash Bros as their "big gaming crossover" title, and I don't really want another one. I always felt that there was a certain charm to having a bunch of Mario characters setting aside their differences to spend the day karting together, and having them joined by Link or Isabelle or whoever else made me enjoy the game less.

If Kirby gets into this game, then other characters have the same reason to be there.

I have no idea why non Mario characters were added, but if more will be added, it would turn into Smash in terms of character cast.

I would appreciate a racing game from several Nintendo series, but it shouldn't go with the title "Mario".

Up until, I think, Mario Kart 8, only Mario franchise characters appeared in Mario Kart. 8, however, introduced Link and the Animal Crossing Villager as DLC, while 8 Deluxe also saw the Inklings included. Now, as far as other non-Mario characters to bring into Mario Kart, I'd say Kirby is near the top of the list, likely ahead of even Pikachu. Still, I'd preferlesser-known Mario characters (i.e. from the Paper Mario games) getting the nod, ahead of other established Nintendo icons.

That said, why not think bigger? Instead of having Kirby in Mario Kart, let Kirby have his own racing game. That's right - I'm talking about bringing back Kirby Air Ride! The City Trial mode, in particular, would make a perfect "battle royale" that's all the rage lately. And who knows, maybe Mario and Yoshi can swing by, as guest characters in their own right.

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Up until, I think, Mario Kart 8, only Mario franchise characters appeared in Mario Kart. 8, however, introduced Link and the Animal Crossing Villager as DLC, while 8 Deluxe also saw the Inklings included. Now, as far as other non-Mario characters to bring into Mario Kart, I'd say Kirby is near the top of the list, likely ahead of even Pikachu. Still, I'd preferlesser-known Mario characters (i.e. from the Paper Mario games) getting the nod, ahead of other established Nintendo icons.

That said, why not think bigger? Instead of having Kirby in Mario Kart, let Kirby have his own racing game. That's right - I'm talking about bringing back Kirby Air Ride! The City Trial mode, in particular, would make a perfect "battle royale" that's all the rage lately. And who knows, maybe Mario and Yoshi can swing by, as guest characters in their own right.

The thing is, all of those characters were directly made by Nintendo, Kirby is technically licensed to a separate company. But I doubt if we'll get "Nintendo's All-Star Racing."

They have Link, of course Kirby should be in it. Kirby is adorable and everyone loves Kirby. He also completely fits the cartoony and adorable theme of the games.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Kirby has made many friends, but I doubt even he would hang out with Baby Rosalina or Metal Mario. Pass!

Broke: We should get rid of the Baby and Metal characters. They're totally unoriginal, and take slots that could go to someone new.

Woke: We should introduce a "Metal Crate" and "Pacifier" as power-up items, so every character can have a Metal form and a Baby form.

I haven't played Yoshi's Island (the only game I'm aware of Baby Mario's existence), but I really don't care for all the baby and metal characters in Kart. They really just blast the cast and could be better alts instead.

Then again I'd not mind seeing a crossover racing game like Smash. Kirby and StarFox characters and Captain Falcon definitely could be executed well in a racing game. Ness could use a skateboard and Samus Aran maybe a space shuttle as vehicle (I have no clue of Metroid so idk if she ever used any transport vehicles).

On 5/13/2021 at 12:33 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Broke: We should get rid of the Baby and Metal characters. They're totally unoriginal, and take slots that could go to someone new.

Woke: We should introduce a "Metal Crate" and "Pacifier" as power-up items, so every character can have a Metal form and a Baby form.

The only clone characters we need are besides dry bowser are baby mario and baby luigi