[FE16] Silver Snow Maddening Draft

Gradivus.

The ruleset is now complete.

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 3 players.
  2. Byleth, Edelgard and Hubert are free for all players.
  3. The game will be played on the Silver Snow route, Maddening/Classic, New Game.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may not be deployed or used as adjutants.
  2. Undrafted units may be recruited from other houses. Interactions with them via monastery features (e.g. tea time, instruct, support conversations) are allowed.
  3. All non-DLC monastery features may be used freely.
  4. DLC-exclusive features are banned. This includes characters, classes, monastery features, auxiliary battles etc..
  5. Drafted units from other houses may be used for Mission Assistance.
  6. Paralogues are free up to 20 turns.
  7. One auxiliary/quest battle per month is free up to 20 turns. Doing more than one is allowed, though.
  8. Warp is banned.

Exceptions:

1. Everyone is free in Prologue.
  2. One undrafted unit of your choice is free in Chapter 1.
  3. Seteth is free in Chapter 13.
  4. Other undrafted units are limitedly usable in Chapter 13. They may do anything except: enter combat with a weapon equipped, use gambits, use combat arts and use spells.
  5. Undrafted units are free in Paralogues where they are force-deployed.

Penalties:

1. Violations of these rules have a penalty of 10 turns, per unit per chapter.
  2. Violations of the warp rule have a penalty of 99 turns per chapter instead.
  3. If you're not going for low turncounts: simply don't break any rules. I don't know if I'll LTC it.

Players:

Gradivus.: Ferdinand, Shamir, Petra, Seteth, Caspar, Mercedes, Raphael, Lysithea, Hanneman

Malfaria: Sylvain, Dorothea, Marianne, Ingrid, Ignatz, Alois, Ashe, Lorenz, Manuela

Terrador: Bernadetta, Flayn, Linhardt, Catherine, Cyril, Felix, Annette, Leonie, Hilda

Edited by Gradivus.

Just now, LoneStar said:

So what is this? People pick characters for a run and kind of race against each other?

Sounds cool, too bad I don't have the time these days.

Yeah, first we pick characters, then we complete the game.

It can be done as a competition, like a real-time race or low turncount, but that's not necessary. The core of it is simply playing the game with a limited team, which consists of Byleth + 9 characters in this draft (+ Edelgard and Hubert while they're available).

9 hours ago, Malfaria said:

I'm down for it. Do we include DLC Characters/classes?

They're banned because not everyone has access to them, myself included. I'll add that to the rules.

One more player and we can start!

Updated the rules, they're complete now. I also added the rule "Warp is banned" (this is typical in drafts of various other games and I think it makes sense here too) and adapted the rules to account for LTC run. I probably won't go for low turns, but might aswell include it in the rules.