[FE16] Silver Snow Maddening Draft

Gradivus.

• 2 weeks later...

tbh prologue is mad easy, I definitely could have done more optimal EXP routing, but nobody's gonna have trouble hitting 5 and nobody's gonna take 4 lol

Chapter 1: 10/15

This was agonizing, but really rewarding to pull off. Taking the first turn 10 clear instead of trying to squeeze out a ridiculous 9-turn because this map is hellish enough already.

I brought Ferdinand over Linhardt, then positioned to let Byleth take Lorenz and Bernie take Ashe. Next turn I kill Ashe with Ferdinand + Hubert, kill Ignatz with Byleth + Bernadetta (out of range of Lorenz), and have Edelgard Smash Lorenz. The Smash puts him in KO range of Miasma on EP if he doesn't Vulnerary, but.... he will if he's on 3 health, even with a guaranteed kill. I'm not sure what he'll do on 8, especially since the game should know he mostly dies. Anyway, he's easy cleanup, and the main objective is to get Bernadetta and Hubert in position by turn 4 so I don't really care where my melee units are placed on 3 to clean up Lorenz.

Bernadetta swinging at Claude with a Curved Shot (really convenient to hit, but I think I missed it on this clear) is absolutely crucial. Not only does it cause him and Hilda to momentarily split up, but it frees you of the blue lion recipe for death as well: placing any unit within one tile of Dedue's attack range before Claude or Hilda engage stirs up the bees' nest, and we can't have that. On turn 4, Hubert takes Dedue on EP (1 AS short of being doubled at base), then pulled Dimitri and Mercedes on the same turn. To pull Dimitri with a weapon in hand, you need +1 Spe Byleth, +1 Spe or Def Edelgard, Petra, or getting one of two 71% shots to miss with Ferdinand. I think this run it was Edelgard--Ferdinand got that roughly coinflip dodge to help chip as well, since I had other assets whacking Mercedes.

After that, really it's just cleanup. Kills were distributed above all else to ensure that my units moved quickly to kill and aggro the remaining four units and were healed enough to do so quickly, but I was favoring Bernadetta because she's going to be the rock star of this run without a doubt. I believe that to get this, you need no Unlikely Nonsense, plus a way to pull Dimitri without losing a unit (read: slowing down), plus I believe one more favorable event in the second portion--without the cheeky Curved Shot hitting or two units who live through Dimitri (doing the Mercedes + Dimitri pull) I'm not sure you're seeing ten turns with this setup. Thing is, though, fishing for a good event is pretty easy, because after all free no-risk gambles you can often safely fish for an impactful Crest of Seiros proc, Crest of Cichol proc, Smash crit, or even EX Crest of Flames or Crest of Indech procs. You only need a little extra juice, you've just got to be creative looking for it.

I used to hate this map with a burning passion. I'm kind of enjoying it now. What the absolute heck.

Chapter 2: 12/27

Honestly.... kind of a snoozefest. The enemies are only a little stronger than in Chapter 1, but now I have HP+5 on my three main combat units, a pair of Iron Shields to pass around, Tempest Lance on Edelgard, Bernadetta, and Linhardt, Curved Shot!Hubert (I guess lol. I should've just gone for Mire, but I'm still 2RKOing everything so that mistake doesnt matter much). This was my first attempt, but.... how am I gonna speed this up? Every enemy takes two hits to kill for the most part, and the bridge up top is so choked up that I only bother sending three units anyway. Hubert and Byleth fight the entitled stinker squad for self-improvement at the end, but fighting them head-on for sure costs turns so I passed up the 10k. Hoping this doesn't come back to bite me, but who knows! Now, the nonsense part of the run begins: I'm anticipating Vengeance!Bernie for this upcoming map, and you know I'm gonna be rigging burdocks for Byleth to destroy everything later on! The rate legit isn't bad, you can get mad high booster rates really early (ex. iirc, Mixed Herb Seeds with the basic cultivation gives like a 55% shot or so at a burdock, what the hell).

As far as recruitment priorities go... that's gonna be interesting to route. My current plan is to recruit Felix first, since I can do that guaranteed at C+ support and C swords (I can probably feed the lion's share of a skirmish to Bernadetta and Byleth at this point, and Bernadetta gets to Take Classes as well).

E: I am a fool and apparently rigging boosters can't be done after the seed is planted. That sure complicates things, but I can still structure days to be able to rig some of them. Wheeze.

Edited by Terrador
i'm fool

After a night of struggling with Felix's high standards, I realize that I won't be able to pick Catherine and Cyril up until right up at the timeskip. Why on earth did I pick them so early?? Cyril especially in this route is so bad..... why do I forget. The folly of man. At least this run will be good for building ESOTERIC GAME KNOWLEDGE! and who knows, maybe vengeance!bernie will carry anyway.

Also I was wrong about shit in the earlier post! By a LOT actually! I was mistaking score for booster rate on the flowers--in that example, the booster rate is a much measlier 16%. Also uh. Felix needs C+ swords at C+ support. Ope. Odds are I'll be building supports with Annette and Felix in a more balanced way to recruit next chapter, and I'll pull Leonie off breadcrumbs. 15 STR/C Lance is so extremely convenient, and C support to drop it even lower is not exactly an immense investment.

Also. If I can finish with the three least impressive timeskip joiners, y'all can too. Show me some action, I need M O T I V A T I O N

Oh I forgot about Alois lol. Well, uh. He sure is a character in this game! At least he isn't Gilbert. Alive in one route and still super unimpressive there.

Edited by Terrador
More yammering

P 5/5 turns

Yeah. Byleth is female, named ByLass. Took Dimitri's and Claude's items, the iron bow being very important for the C1 strat.

C1 9/14 turns

Deployed Dorothea as a free unit, along with Byleth, Edelgard, Hubert and Ferdinand.

Iron Axe!ByLass tanked Lorenz on EP1. Hubert and Tempest Lance!Ferdinand finished him off on turn 2. Edelgard killed Ashe with Iron Bow on EP1 and Training Sword (w/ chip from Dorothea) on PP2. On PP2, ByLass used Wrath Strike vs. Ignatz, who survived. Dorothea tradeswapped her to Iron Bow while chipping for Edelgard so ByLass can't be killed by Ignatz on EP (as Iron Bow would kill, preventing the follow-up attack). EP2, Dorothea was attacked by Ignatz, taking 20 damage.

Turn 3, Hubert, Bylass and Ferdinand started going left, Ferdinand finishing off Ignatz. Edelgard went to the right, entering the forest, and Dorothea went up. Dorothea, ByLass and Edelgard healed with Vulns.

Turn 4, Hubert parked himself in Hilda's range without attacking. This aggroes her and Claude, who went to the left.

Turn 5, Hubert healed with a Vulnerary and ByLass entered Claude's range, with an Iron Bow equipped. Dorothea moved on a Forest tile in Dedue's range, Edelgard unequipped her weapons and entered Dimitri's range.

Turn 6, Edelgard OHKOed Dimitri with a Smash crit. Dorothea moved onto the Thicket tile and used a Vuln (if Dedue hit her). Hubert finished off Hilda, who is 3HKOed by Miasma. Tempest Lance!Ferdinand and Iron Bow!ByLass defeated Claude.

Turn 7, Dorothea finished off Dedue (who is 3HKOed aswell). Edelgard went next to her and equipped an Iron Bow to bait Mercedes. She also used a Vulnerary to heal up. ByLass entered Manuela's range with Iron Bow equipped.

Turn 8, Edelgard finished off Mercedes with Smash while standing at the end of Hanneman's range. Dorothea tradeswapped her to Iron Bow to let her EP chip Hanneman. Ferdinand and ByLass finished off Manuela.

Turn 9, Edelgard finished Hanneman with Smash.

Forced aux free/14 turns

UNIT        CLASS        LVL HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES CHA Sw Lc Ax Bw Br Re Fa Au Hv Ri Fl
ByLass      Commoner      03 28  14   8  10   8   8   6   7   9 D+ E  E  E  E+ E  E  D  E  E  E
Edelgard    Noble         03 30  15   7   6   9   6   6   4  11 E+ E  D+ E  E  E  E  D  D  E  E
Hubert      Noble         01 22   6  12   6   7   6   4   7   6 E  E  E  E+ E  D  E  D  E  E  E
Ferdinand   Noble         02 28   8   5   6   9   6   6   3   7 E+ D+ E+ E  E  E  E  E+ E  D  E
Petra       Commoner      01 25   9   3   7  10   7   5   2   6 D+ E  E+ D  E  E  E  E  E  E  D
Caspar      Noble         01 26   9   3   5   6   8   6   2   4 E+ E  D  E  E+ E  E  E  E  E  E
Shamir      2b recruited
Raphael     2b recruited
Hanneman    2b recruited
Mercedes    2b recruited
Lysithea    2b recruited
Seteth      2b recruited

C2 11/25 turns

Having 6 units really helped a lot here. Bought Steel Bow for Petra, Steel Lance for Ferdinand and Steel Axe for Edelgard.

This strat is pretty hard to describe and didn't follow a rigid plan because the enemy movement is hard to predict. Made use of ByLass' and Edelgard's gambits to freeze enemies when I couldn't kill them all in one turn. ByLass entered Kostas' range on turn 10, allowing me to finish him off on turn 11.

Hubert picked up the Large Bullion from the chest.

Aux free/25 turns

Primarily trained Ferdinand and ByLass.

C3 9/34 turns

Raphael did Mission Assistance. Lysithea would've probably been a much better choice, but I overwrote the save file. Caspar used the Stride batallion, activating the gambit twice in the boss area. ByLass and Edelgard used Training Gauntlets + Iron Shield without getting weighed down. They led the charge along with Petra and tanked the most enemies. Ferdinand had the Assembly battallion, Edelgard Assault Troop and ByLass Fusillade.

Lonato was killed by Swarm!Hubert, Steel Bow!Petra, Training Bow!ByLass and Smash!Iron Axe!Edelgard on the final turn.

UNIT        CLASS        LVL HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES CHA Sw Lc Ax Bw Br Re Fa Au Hv Ri Fl
ByLass      Fighter       07 36  17  10  12  10   9   7   9  11 D+ E  E  E+ E+ E  E+ D+ E  E  E
Edelgard    Fighter       07 35  17  11   8  11   7   6   7  14 E+ E  C  E  E  E  E  D+ D  E  E
Hubert      Noble         02 27   6  13   7   7   7   4   7   7 E  E  E  E+ E  D+ E  D+ E  E  E
Ferdinand   Noble         06 34  10   5   8  10   8   7   3   9 E+ C  E+ E  E  E  E  D  E  D  E+
Petra       Commoner      04 25  11   3   8  12   9   5   3   8 D+ E  E+ C  E  E  E  E  E  E  D
Caspar      Noble         02 27  10   3   6   6   9   7   2   4 D+ E  D  E  E+ E  E  E  E  E  E
Shamir      2b recruited
Raphael     2b recruited
Hanneman    2b recruited
Mercedes    2b recruited
Lysithea    2b recruited
Seteth      2b recruited

Aux mission free/34 turns

Used Lysithea for Mission Assistance. Focused on ByLass, Petra and Ferdinand.

C4 3/37 turns

Same Batallion assignment as in C3. Turn 1, Fusillade!ByLass and Lysithea (Miasma on PP and EP) killed the Monk right of the start. Ferdinand pulled the Archer to the left down with Assembly and Edelgard finished them off. Petra ended the Death Knight's range and used a Pure Water, surviving his attack just barely. She also just barely avoided getting doubled with 14 Speed.

Turn 2, Edelgard OHKOed the Death Knight with a Steel Axe Smash crit (80 hit, 20 crit). Byleth moved onto the tile the Death Knight stood on previously so Caspar can use her as the center for Stride. Lysithea healed Petra, who then moved up 9 tiles and healed with a Vulnerary. Hubert went 2 tiles below her. Ferdinand also rushed upwards to distract a mage from Petra so it doesn't stand in the way.

Turn 3, Caspar exactly reached Hubert to give the Stride boost to him and Petra. Hubert then attacked the boss with Mire to lower his Def by 5 points. This allowed Petra to ORKO exactly with the Iron Gauntlets.

"Clearing the Way" quest free/37 turns

Trained my units. Lysithea is my mission assistance unit again.

C5 27/64 turns

Turn 1, I used Stride (which is still on Caspar) and killed the two Fighters near the start. Turn 2, Edelgard baited the Monk in the corridor, for Petra and ByLass to kill him on turn 3. Turn 3, Ferdinand and ByLass also baited two of the boss area archers on turn 3. Gilbert was defeated early, I didn't do anything to protect him.

Turn 4, Curved Shot!Petra and Ruptured Heaven!ByLass ganged up on one of the archers. The other one was killed by Training Bow!Edelgard (who doubled) and Mire!Hubert. On EP, the other two archers attacked Edelgard and ByLass.

Turn 5, Ferdinand and Caspar baited the archers further ahead. Meanwhile, I killed some of the reinforcements from behind. Turn 6, I killed those archers aswell, with help from Fusillade!ByLass because some units were busy fighting reinforcements.

Before triggering the reinforcement Thief in the north, I killed the reinforcement group from the south. Then, Edelgard moved into the center of the northern corridor to trigger the Thieves, which were baited by a T-shaped formation, consisting of Ferdinand, ByLass, Petra and Lysithea.

Ferdinand was in range of the upper Thief on both turns. Lysithea was below him, so none of the Thieves can attack her, but   Lysithea was positioned such that the enemies can't reach her, even with Pass. At the same time, she blocked a tile so the lower Thief can't sneak past Ferdinand and attack him aswell. Instead, the Thief had to choose between ByLass and Petra, deciding to attack Petra due to her lower Def.

Edelgard standing in the middle of the corridor caused a Thief from the west and a mage to start moving. She used a Pure Water, which almost neutralizes the mage's damage, and went within range of the Thief to kill him with Training Sword on EP + Iron Gauntlets or Smash!Steel Axe on the next PP.

Once my units had caught up, Edelgard baited the archer from the west, letting me kill him and the remaining armor knight on the following turn.

To tackle the next group of enemies, I used the second stride. ByLass ORKOed the left-most archer with Training Gauntlets. Petra and Hubert ganged up on the right archer. Edelgard used Blaze on the Fighter while standing below him. This chip-damaged the two armor knights, who were then killed by Lysithea and Ferdinand (with a Mace). Petra was positioned such that she pulls the remaining enemies below Miklan on the same EP.

With help from gambits, I killed those enemies over the course of two turns. Ferdinand pulled the Fortress Knight alone and killed him with the Mace, obtaining the accuracy ring. Miklan was killed by a combination of Hubert, ByLass, Lysithea and Petra (in this case, Hubert's help wasn't needed).

The Black Beast was then killed over the course of three turns. First, Ferdinand used Assembly on it to make it attack him and let the others deal damage. On the second turn, I broke the armor entirely to paralyze the beast. Unfortunately, my units didn't deal enough damage to kill it on that turn (although a crit from ByLass would've done the job), so I had to finish off the last health bar on turn 27.

ByLass      Commoner      13 39  18  11  16  11  12  11  10  17 D+ E  E  D+ E+ E  D+ C  E+ E  E
Edelgard    Fighter       12 36  19  12  10  15   9   9  11  18 E+ E  C+ E+ E  E  E  C  D  E  E
Hubert      Noble         06 28   8  17   8   9   8   4   8  10 E  E  E  E+ E  C  E+ C  E  E  E
Ferdinand   Cavalier      11 38  13   6  14  10  11  10   3  12 E+ C+ D  E  E  E  E  D+ E  D+ E+
Petra       Commoner      10 32  13   6  14  18  12   6   4  10 D+ D  E+ C+ E  E  E  E  E  E  D+
Caspar      Noble         04 34  12   3   6   8  11   8   2   6 C  E  D  E  E+ E  E  E  E  E  E
Shamir      2b recruited
Raphael     2b recruited
Hanneman    2b recruited
Mercedes    2b recruited
Lysithea    2b recruited
Seteth      2b recruited

Promoted Ferdinand to Cav right after the chapter. I haven't decided on the other certifications yet.

C6 1/65 turns

Recruited Lysithea, Raphael and Shamir thanks to C+, C+ and C support respectively.

Shamir OHKOed the Scytheboi at 4-range with a Steel Bow+ crit. She had Jeralt's Mercenaries and Rally Dex from Ferdinand to boost her critrate to an acceptable level.

Sylvain Paralogue 14 free/65 turns

Edelgard, Hubert, Ferdinand, ByLass, Sylvain and Raphael started on the left side, Lysithea, Shamir, Petra and Caspar on the right.

Edelgard got the Fusillade batallion and teamed up with Hubert to clear the top-left corner. ByLass used Blaze on turn 1 to rattle a lot of enemies, followed by Iron Bow!Raphael and Assembly!Ferdinand. In the following turns, they defeated the big swath of enemies in the bottom-center area. To the right, the gang first defeated the bottom-right commander, Lysithea using Pure Water to reduce the magical damage to 0. Then, they moved into the top-right corner and took over that stronghold. They just barely prevented the Speedwing!Thief from escaping.

In the top-left corner, Ferdinand later helped out Edelgard to prevent Thieves from escaping. They first killed the two thieves that tried to escape there and then mopped up the boss.

The bottom-center stronghold was captured pretty late because Hubert missed some magical attacks. Nonetheless, Raphael blocked the escape point and didn't face any danger because the Thieves don't aggro until all 4 bosses are defeated. I got all the treasure from the thieves and routed the map on turn 14.

C7 16/81 turns

Went down the left. The Alliance largely massacred the Kingdom, which allowed me to pick up the scraps from the Kingdom first and then move on towards the remainder of Claude's forces.

Petra was certified for Peg Knight after the chapter.

UNIT        CLASS        LV  HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES CHA  Sw Lc Ax Bw Br Re Fa Au Hv Ri Fl
ByLass      Fighter      16  40  20  12  16  12  14  13  10  17  C  E  D  C  E+ E  C  C+ D+ E  E
Edelgard    Fighter      15  38  21  13  11  18  10  10  13  20  E+ D+ C+ E+ E  E  E  C+ D  E  D
Hubert      Noble        09  29  10  18  11   9  11   6  10  12  E  E+ E  E+ E  B  D+ C  E  E  E
Ferdinand   Cavalier     14  41  14   7  15  10  13  12   3  13  E+ B+ C  E  E  E  E  D+ E  C  D+
Petra       Peg Knight   11  32  14   6  17  22  13   7   6  11  D+ C  E+ B  E  E  E  D  E  E  C+
Shamir      Sniper       14  36  19   8  22  16  20  12   9  11  E  C+ E  A  E  E  E  D+ E  E  E+
Raphael     Brigand      15  46  23   6  10  11  11  16   2   9  E  E  C  E  B  E  E  D  D  E  E
Caspar      Noble        05  35  12   3   7   9  12   9   2   6  C+ E  D  E  E+ E  E  E  E  E  E
Hanneman    Mage         15  32  10  20  13   9   9   7  17  11  E  E  E  C+ E  B  E+ D  E  D  E
Lysithea    Mage         13  26   6  20  15  13   9   3  13   9  E  E  E  E  E  B  D  C+ E  E  E
Mercedes    Priest       15  31   9  18  13  14  11   7  20  15  E  E  E  E  E  C  C+ E  E  E  E
Seteth      2b recruited

Sothis Paralogue 12 free/20 turns

Obtained the knowledge gem immediately on turn 1, then moved into the upper area. Defeated all enemies, including 2 waves of reinforcements, for additional exp and ore.

Quest battle 7 free/20 turns

Obtained WEXP. Trading around the knowledge gem multiple times per turn is pretty funny.

C8 2/83 turns

All units moved forward, Caspar used stride twice, Petra went towards the Giant Shell chest to open it on turn 2.

Turn 1, Shamir used a Pure Water so Solon doesn't OHKO her. Turn 2, she attacked the Knight below the boss area at 4-range with curved shot. Solon then transformed into his true form, attacked her at 3-range and was killed on the counterattack with Steel Bow+.

UNIT        CLASS        LV  HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES CHA  Sw Lc Ax Bw Br Re Fa Au Hv Ri Fl
ByLass      Fighter      17  41  20  12  18  14  14  13  10  18  C  E  D  C  E+ E  C  C+ D+ E  E
Edelgard    Fighter      16  38  21  14  12  19  10  10  13  21  E+ D+ C+ E+ E  E  E  C+ D  E  D
Hubert      Noble        09  29  10  18  11   9  11   6  10  12  E  E+ E  E+ E  B  D+ C  E  E  E
Ferdinand   Cavalier     16  43  15   8  16  11  15  12   3  13  E+ B+ C  E  E  E  E  C  E  C  D+
Petra       Peg Knight   13  33  15   6  19  22  13   9   6  11  D+ C  E+ B+ E  E  E  D  E  E  C+
Shamir      Sniper       16  37  21   9  24  18  21  12   9  13  E  C+ E  A+ E  E  E  D+ E  E  E+
Raphael     Brigand      16  47  23   6  11  11  11  16   2   9  E  E  C  E  B  E  E  D+ D  E  E
Caspar      Noble        07  36  13   3   8  10  12  10   3   7  B  E  D  E  E+ E  E  E+ E  E  E
Hanneman    Mage         15  32  10  20  13   9   9   7  17  11  E  E  E  C+ E  B  E+ D  E  D  E
Lysithea    Mage         15  27   6  22  15  15   9   3  13   9  E  E  E  E  E  B  D  C+ E  E  E
Mercedes    Priest       16  31  10  19  13  14  11   7  20  15  E  E  E  E  E  C+ C+ E  E  E  E
Seteth      2b recruited

Edited by Gradivus.

• 7 months later...

Quest battle free/83 turns

Trained units.

Seteth Paralogue 20 free/83 turns

Just barely did it in 20 turns. Again, trained my units. Ferdinand was benched for this map because his mov is garbage unlike the mages'.

Picked Mercedes as my dancer. Ferdinand reached A lances just before C9.

C9 6/89 turns

Forged the Blessed Lance from C7 for +2 extra mt, which helped Ferdinand kill the beasts with his new Swift Strikes.

Hubert got the Stride batallion. Raphael, Lysithea, Hanneman and Edelgard went right, the rest split up between the center and the left side.

Jeralt started moving on turn 2 because Petra baited a beast into his attack range.

Quest battle free/89 turns

Trained units.

Ignatz Paralogue 1 free/89 turns

Just 1-turned the map to get the full rewards and not have to deal with the split army.

Ingrid Paralogue 18 free/89 turns

Sadly, I forgot to recruit Ingrid before the chapter, so I missed Galatea Peg Corps and Lúin. At least I got a lot of exp.

Manuela Paralogue 7 free/89 turns

Petra kinda-sorta protected Manuela, I rushed to the boss to defeat him early so flying enemies don't reach Manuela and kill her.

C10 1/90 turns

Raphael promoted to Grappler. With the 6 mov from it, he could kill the Hammer!Fighter on turn 1 with Iron Bow and then get danced to just barely reach Kronya on turn 1, after Stride from Hanneman. Kronya was killed with a Smash Killer Axe crit from him.

Before killing Kronya, Lysithea and Hubert each used Group Flames on the Demonic Beast left of the start to break its armor for an extra Umbral Steel. ByLass used the other Stride batallion (Gautier Knights) to give a movement boost to Petra, who was too far away to get it from Hanneman's Stride. Edelgard shoved Petra 1 tile to the left so she can reach the speed ring chest and open it with a Chest Key.

After killing Kronya, Raphael and Hubert moved back into the lower area to gang up on the Dark Mage with the droppable Magic staff. Petra was danced to kill Solon with Killer Axe (taken away from Raphael), needing a 44% Smash crit.

Quest battle 16 free/90 turns

ByLass certified as an ARMOR KNIGHT and received the Knowledge gem to get to B armor and axes asap. Other than that, I defeated a lot of enemies and gave some exp to Ferdinand, Petra and Shamir.

Alois Paralogue 8 free/90 turns

Edelgard, Petra and Ferdinand went down, everyone else invaded the ships through the top.

Ferdinand reached level 20 to unlock Wyvern Rider and Paladin (certifying Wyvern first for the C11 strat).

C11 1/91 turns

Used Stride on Wyvern!Ferdinand so he can reach Edelgard on turn 1. He ORKOed her with a Lance of Ruin/Swift Strikes crit+hit.

Aux battle free/91 turns

ByLass reached B axes and B armor. THWOMP TIME!

ByLass      FORTNITE     21  48  20  13  20   8  16  27  10  21  C+ E  B  C  D  E  C  B+ B  E  D
Raphael     Grappler     21  52  29   8  15  17  12  21   6  12  E  E  C  E  A  E  E  C+ D  E  E
Ferdinand   Wyvern Rider 21  48  20  10  20  14  18  15  11  17  E+ A  B  E  E  E  E  C+ E  B  C
Seteth      Wyvern Rider 23  48  27  15  20  19  12  21   8  20  D+ B  B  E  E  E  E  B  E  E  C
Petra       Sniper       20  36  19   8  25  24  19  12   8  13  D+ C  B  A  E  E  E  C  E  E  B+
Shamir      Sniper       20  38  23  11  28  19  24  14   9  15  E  C+ D  A+ E  E  E  C  E  E  D
Lysithea    Mage         19  29   8  26  17  17   9   3  14  11  E  E  E  E  E  B+ C+ B+ E  E  E
Hanneman    Mage         18  33  10  21  16  10  10   7  19  13  E  E  E  C+ E  B+ C  D+ E  D  E
Mercedes    Dancer       23  34  13  21  18  22  14  13  21  26  E  E  E  E  E  C+ B  E  E  E  E
Caspar      Armor Knight 16  44  14   6  12  10  17  18   8   9  B  E  C  E  E+ E  E  E+ C  E  E

C12 2/93 turns

First chapter with ByLass as a Fortress Knight. Gave her the Gautier Knights so she has Stride and a massive avo boost, which allows her to deal with archers somewhat reliably in C13.

Turn 1, ByLass (Curved Shot) and Seteth ganged up on the left Peg Knight near the start, with both using an Iron Bow+. Shamir OHKOed the other Peg Knight. Hanneman used Stride and Ferdinand ORKOed the archer on the ballista near the start so he doesn't kill my units. Raphael blocked off another archer near the start so Ferdinand doesn't get killed.

Turn 2, ByLass used Smite on Mercedes. Ferdinand moved between Shamir and Mercedes so Hanneman can use Stride on Mercedes, Shamir and Seteth. Shamir then OHKOed a Peg Knight near Randolph to clear the way for Mercedes, who then danced Seteth down to Edelgard. He then OHKOed her with a Helm Splitter!Killer Axe+ crit (36 damage, 42% crit).

C13 9/102 turns

Everything until turn 8: oof

Fake!Pallardo was killed by Smash!Iron Axe!Petra and Smash!Killer Axe!Seteth (not needing any crits). Ferdinand ORKOed the real one with Lance of Ruin + Swift Strikes.

Aux battle 10 free/102 turns

Certified Seteth for Brigand to get Death Blow at some point. Trained him in this chapter already.

C14 10/112 turns

Certified ByLass as a Wyvern Rider and gave her the Cichol Wyvern Co. batallion. She and Sniper!Petra went down to clear the way for the 3-13 Swordmaster, who activated the fire trap on turn 6. To the left, my units just killed the enemies as quickly and aggressively as possible. Randolph was the last enemy to be killed. Had I banked on a crit from Shamir or ByLass, I could've cleared it on turn 9 (perhaps even earlier with a different, less reliable strategy).

Quest battle 13 free/112 turns

Petra, Seteth and Ferdinand went Brigand. Raphael got Caspar as an adjutant. Did a lot of Knowledge Gem tradechain shenanigans again.

C15 2/114 turns

Sadly, I don't have enough repositional combat arts to attack Gwendal on PP1, so I went for a 2-turn. Rally Str!Seteth ORKOed him with 2 Killer Axe+ crits. Beforehand, Ferdinand and Shamir collected some exp and Petra opened the chest near the start for the Bolt Axe. Ashe was killed on turn 1 by Seteth.

Quest battle 12 free/114 turns

Obtained exp.

Mercedes/Caspar Paralogue 19 free/114 turns

Trained my units. Shamir got Hunter's Volley!

C16 2/116 turns

I couldn't field all units this time, so Petra was benched and Caspar was deployed for his Smite access.

Turn 1, Raphael went down, preparing to attack Acheron next turn. Hanneman used Stride on the following units: ByLass, Seteth, Ferdinand, Mercedes, Lysithea, Shamir. Caspar used Smite on Hanneman. Ferdinand went left. ByLass used Smite on Seteth, who also fullmoved left and barely entered the Generic Paladin boss' range. Seteth was equipped with the Rafail Gem to avoid the 10% critrate.

Shamir then killed the nearby Archer with Hunter's Volley and Iron Bow+. Lysithea killed one of the armor knights. ByLass, having canto'd way forward after the Stride, was danced by Mercedes and used Assault Troop (from the Cichol Batallion) on the other armor knight. EP, ByLass counterkilled that armor knight with Mace and Seteth survived 2 Javelin hits from the generic Paladin boss. Lorenz spawned, but didn't start moving.

Turn 2, Caspar used Smite on Hanneman again. Lysithea killed one of the reinforcement armor knights that blocked the way so Hanneman can use Stride on ByLass, Shamir and Mercedes. Shamir killed an archer for exp. Raphael 2HKOed Acheron with Training Gauntlets. Ferdinand killed the generic Paladin boss and Seteth killed Lorenz, each with Swift Strikes and Spear of Assal.

ByLass killed an archer for additional exp and was danced to kill Ladislava with a Sublime Heaven crit (39%).

ByLass      Wyvern Rider 28  50  27  14  27  20  19  23  10  23  B+ E  B  C+ D+ E  C  A  B  E  C+
Raphael     Grappler     28  60  34   8  20  20  24  24   6  13  E  E  C  E  S  E  E  B  D  E  E
Ferdinand   Wyvern Rider 28  52  25  10  27  20  20  20  11  17  E+ A+ B  E  E  E  E  B  E  B  C+
Seteth      Wyvern Rider 29  52  31  17  21  23  13  24   8  24  D+ A  B  E  E  E  E  B+ E  E  B
Petra       Wyvern Rider 26  40  24  10  24  30  19  19   9  16  D+ C  B+ A+ E  E  E  C+ E  E  A
Shamir      Sniper       26  40  27  13  34  21  25  16   9  18  E  C+ C  S  E  E  E  C+ E  E  D
Lysithea    Warlock      27  31   8  34  24  20  11  12  20  12  E+ E  E  E  E  A  B+ A  E  E  E
Hanneman    Mage         21  34  12  23  17  10  10   8  21  14  E  E  E  C+ E  A  C  C  E  D  E
Mercedes    Dancer       27  37  14  24  20  23  14  14  24  30  E  E  E  E  E  C+ B+ E  E  E  E
Caspar      FORTNITE     21  50  17   8  13   7  17  27  11  11  B  E  C+ E  E+ E  E  E+ B  E  E

Quest battle 20 free/116 turns

This was the battle from the Dark Merchant quest. Seteth got Death Blow. Raphael unlocked Fierce Iron Fist.

Petra/Bernadetta Paralogue 19 free/116 turns

This was very tough, I just barely managed on the last divine pulse. Shamir and Ferdinand each went more than half the way to Death Blow. Everyone else just got exp.

C17 1/117 turns

Hanneman used Stride. Multiple units attacked some enemies for exp. ByLass killed Scytheboi with a Helm Splitter!Killer Axe+ crit at 51%.

Rhea Paralogue 18 free/117 turns

Aux battle 19 free/117 turns

Ferdinand and Shamir obtained Death Blow. Shamir also reached S+ Bows, making her the first unit with DOUBLEFAIRE.

C18 1/118 turns

Seteth promoted to Wyvern Lord. Lysithea got the Gautier Knights to use Stride in the lower area. Hanneman used Stride in the top area. Seteth was danced to kill Hubert reliably with Swift Strikes and Silver Lance+. Ferdinand killed the Death Knight with Swift Strikes!Spear of Assal, having to connect two 45s.

C19 1/119 turns

Seteth got the Cichol Wyvern Co. batallion, Accuracy Ring and Lance of Ruin to face Edelgard. He had 21*2 damage with Swift Strikes, which is enough to kill with a hit + crit (70 hit / 25 crit).

Hanneman used Stride on a lot of units. Raphael killed a Bishop in the way with Fierce Iron Fist. ByLass opened the door. Lysithea and Seteth ganged up on the SM behind the door. Seteth canto'd forward afterwards and was danced to reach Edelgard.

ByLass      Wyvern Rider 33  54  30  15  31  23  19  24  10  24  A  E  B  B  D+ E  C  A  B  E  B
Raphael     Grappler     33  66  39   8  23  21  24  26   7  13  E  E  C  E  S  E  E  B  D  E  E
Ferdinand   Wyvern Rider 32  55  27  11  27  22  22  23  12  17  E+ S  B  E  E  E  E  B  E  B  C+
Seteth      Wyvern Lord  33  56  34  20  24  25  14  27  12  26  D+ A  B+ E  E  E  E  A  E  E  B+
Petra       Wyvern Rider 28  42  26  11  24  31  21  20   9  16  D+ C  B+ A+ E  E  E  C+ E  E  A+
Shamir      Sniper       30  43  30  14  37  24  25  18   9  21  E  C+ C  S+ E  E  E  B  E  E  D
Lysithea    Warlock      32  31   9  35  29  24  11  12  21  14  D+ E  E  E  E  A+ A  A+ E  E  E
Hanneman    Mage         24  35  13  27  19  15  12  12  26  14  E  E  E  C+ E  A  C+ C+ E  D  E
Mercedes    Dancer       31  38  14  26  22  26  16  14  27  33  E  E  E  E  E  C+ A  E  E  E  E
Caspar      FORTNITE     24  53  20   9  13   7  18  29  11  14  B  E  B  E  E+ E  E  E+ B+ E  E

Lysithea/Ferdinand Paralogue 20 free/119 turns

This was disgusting. Primarily trained Ferdinand for Lance rank, aside from that my units just collected exp. Aegir Astral Knights is also a pretty nice Batallion.

Aux battle 20 free/119 turns

After the battle, Raphael reached S+ Brawl and Ferdinand S+ Lances.

C20 2/121 turns

This strategy was actually pretty fun to come up with. Mercedes, Seteth and Hanneman (stridebot) started in the bottom left corner. Shamir, Petra and Ferdinand (stridebot using Gautier Knights) started out in the top-right corner. Petra was reclassed to Sniper.

Seteth received the Hexlock Shield and a Talisman, putting him at 19 Res. Mercedes got 2 Speedwings and a Speed Ring so the Holy Knight doesn't double her. Hanneman used Stride on Mercedes and Seteth. Using a Pure Water on turn 1, Seteth reached 26 Res, letting him survive the EP reliably. He was danced ahead by Mercedes and used Assault Troop on the Grappler below Chilon, paralyzing him and the Paladin. He then canto'd out of the Swordmaster's range, having to survive just two mages.

Meanwhile, Ferdinand used Stride on Petra and Shamir. Shamir and Petra both used Fusillade on the nearby Titanus, breaking its entire armor and preventing it from attacking anyone. As a result, Petra was only attacked by one Sniper, who she survived easily. Shamir tanked two hits from the Bow Knight thanks to Guard Adjutant!Caspar. Ferdinand wasn't at risk of death against the bow knight thanks to +10 def from Seiros Shield and Gautier Knights.

Turn 2, Seteth killed Chilon with Swift Strikes!Assal, canto'd back to be danced by Mercedes, and then opened the door. Ferdinand used Stride on Shamir, who then killed Thales with a Hunter's Volley!Killer Bow+ crit (52% crit, two attempts).

Aux battle 20 free/121 turns

Raphael mastered Fighter for Str +2, just in case I need it to make Endgame more reliable.

ByLass      WOKE ONE     34  55  30  18  32  22  21  25  12  25  A  E  B  B  D+ E  C  A+ B  E  B
Raphael     Grappler     37  69  44   8  25  21  29  27   8  14  E  E  C  E  S+ E  E  B+ D  E  E
Ferdinand   Paladin      36  54  27  11  31  18  24  24  16  18  E+ S+ B  E  E  E  E  A  E  A  C+
Seteth      Wyvern Lord  36  58  34  21  25  26  16  28  14  29  D+ A+ A  E  E  E  E  A  E  E  B+
Petra       Wyvern Lord  30  45  28  11  26  33  22  21  12  18  D+ C  B+ S  E  E  E  B  E  E  A+
Shamir      Sniper       32  44  31  15  39  24  26  18   9  23  E  C+ C  S+ E  E  E  B+ E  E  D
Lysithea    Warlock      33  32   9  37  30  24  11  12  22  14  C  E  E  E  E  A+ A  A+ E  E  E
Hanneman    Warlock      25  36  14  28  19  15  12  12  27  14  E  E  E  C+ E  A+ C+ C+ E  D  E
Mercedes    Dancer       33  39  14  27  23  32  17  14  27  34  E  E  E  E  E  C+ A  E  E  E  E
Caspar      FORTNITE     29  58  23   9  15   8  21  32  11  15  B  E  B+ E  E+ E  E  E+ A  E  E

Edited by Gradivus.

• 3 weeks later...

Endgame 2/123 turns, featuring THWOMP!BYLASS and RAPHAEL THE DRAGON SLAYER

IT ACTUALLY WORKED

Raphael and Seteth each got a Seraph Robe to survive 2 hits from Rhea. ByLass was reclassed to Fortress Knight and equipped Armored Blow, the Indech Sword Fighter Batallion and the Shield of Seiros to protect herself against Rhea's attacks. On PP, ByLass only took 9*2 damage from her, allowing her to survive two crits (19% crit).

Turn 1, Shamir used stride (Gautier Knights) on all units. Caspar opened the door. Petra had the Evasion Ring and a Mace equipped and moved to the lower stronghold. ByLass went below the left tile of Rhea and attacked her bottom-center tile with Sublime Heaven, which broke the armor. Raphael then used 2 crits+1 hit with Fierce Iron Fist!Killer Knuckles+ to kill Rhea's first health bar. Mercedes went below Rhea's right tile and danced for Raphael, who then ORKOed Rhea's 2nd health bar, again needing 2 crits and 1 hit, but also a Miracle non-proc from Rhea.

Dark Spikes!Lysithea and Meteor!Hanneman defeated the Paladin left of the start so he doesn't kill anyone. Seteth paralyzed the two Great Knights below Rhea with Assault Troop to prevent them from killing people. Ferdinand then used Impregnable Wall on Raphael, ByLass and Mercedes.

EP, Petra faced 2 attacks at 30 hit from the White Beast and 4 attacks at 11 hit from Falcoknights. All of those 2HKOed her, but because Alert Stance+, Avo+10 (Wyvern Lord), Evasion Ring and Lancebreaker dropped the hitrate that far, she survived anyway. Raphael, Mercedes and ByLass easily survived everything thanks to Impregnable. Rhea attacked Ferdinand with Hoarfrost.

Turn 2, ByLass again broke Rhea's armor with Sublime Heaven. Seteth, Meteor!Hanneman, Shamir and Ferdinand were around to help with the Rhea kill because the 3rd and 4th gauges have too many HP to be ORKOed by a triple crit from Raphael. In this attempt, Seteth attacked with Swift Strikes!Blessed Lance+, then Raphael got two crits and a hit and Ferdinand finished off the 3rd bar with Short Spear, which did just enough damage thanks to Doublefaire. Because Rhea's 3rd health bar doesn't have Vantage yet, a miracle proc is completely OK because Hanneman can finish off with a 2 damage Meteor.

Lysithea used Blessing on Shamir so she doesn't die, but it didn't work because I miscalculated the damage: Rhea's first hit already did 43/44 damage, so Blessing was completely ineffective. Regardless, Shamir chipped Rhea and sadly died. Raphael then finished off Rhea's last gauge. At least 2 crits from Raphael were necessary for it, plus one more crit from Raphael or Shamir. Depending on the number of crits, a Miracle non-proc was also necessary.

Unit evaluations:

Spoiler

ByLass - 367 battles, 145 kills

She did her job, I guess? Pretty good overall, and very versatile. I was already thinking about the Fortress Knight build at the very start of the game and funnily enough it did exactly what I wanted, especially in HBD. I was surprised to unlock Wyvern Rider before C14, which also allowed her to do some important things in the midgame. Also, Smite!ByLass with canto was a pretty fun build.

Raphael - 285 battles, 161 kills

Pretty serviceable throughout most of the game - in the midgame, he had some weaknesses such as his low Spd and lack of a mounted class. He was absolutely crucial to my Endgame strat and also fulfilled some pretty important tasks in late part 1 and early part 2. Training him to the final "dragon slayer" build took a lot of investment, but it was clearly worth it. Endgame would've been 10 times worse without him.

Ferdinand - 348 battles, 173 kills

Pretty good, he unlocked swift strikes pretty early and also got flyer access in time. Once Seteth got Swift Strikes, Ferdinand was kind of the worse Seteth, but even that is pretty fantastic. Probably my most important unit once Edelgard dropped off, even though his Endgame stats were roughly on par with Seteth's bases.

Petra - 330 battles, 94 kills

Towards the lategame, she increasingly became underwhelming because her offense was inferior to ByLass, Seteth, Ferdinand and Shamir. But even as a filler, she was pretty good, and also had a pretty strong earlygame performance. Her high speed and avo were also a boon in various chapters.

Shamir - 220 battles, 90 kills

haha take this scytheboi, 4-range OHKO on turn 1

Aside from 1-turning C6, Shamir was pretty great. She didn't take much investment aside from mastering Sniper and Brigand and had a pretty fantastic damage output throughout the whole game.

Seteth - 153 battles, 69 kills

Pretty fantastic, he was basically a stronger Ferdinand.

Lysithea - 108 battles, 52 kills

Her utility was (surprisingly?) limited because of her poor Mov. Perhaps she would've been more useful as a Mortal Savant since it has 6 mov and warp is banned anyway (so her faith rank is irrelevant and I could've invested into swords instead). Her strong magical nukes were useful when I needed them, though, so I can't really complain. Her high authority rank also allowed her to use various utility gambits. Pretty good for an 8th pick.

Hanneman - 60 battles, 9 kills

Lysithea, but weaker. Due to his access to Thoron and Meteor, he had some niches though. He also made for a very reliable stridebot.

Caspar - 31 battles, 10 kills

Initially, I wanted him to be my dancer, but his charm made it impossible, so he mainly acted as a guard adjutant instead. In that role, he was quite useful, especially in various Paralogues I played through for exp. He also did some important work as a smitebot.

Mercedes - 21 battles, 4 kills

I still find it funny that she could survive 2 enemies in C21.

Final thoughts:

• This was a pretty interesting experience. I think this ruleset is pretty much spot-on for Maddening drafts.
  • Initially, I was thinking about banning stride since it trivializes too many chapters. We could try that in another draft, but banning it would probably be extremely punishing on Maddening mode and most chapters were pretty interesting regardless due to the very strong enemies. In Hard Mode drafts, I'd ban Stride though, which should make the game a lot more interesting.
  • The rule for limited grinding is also pretty good. Unlimited auxiliary battle grinding isn't necessary in my opinion, even on Maddening.
  • The warp ban should be kept on all difficulties.
  • Maybe we should prevent the 1-turn skip of C6? That would imply banning 4-range attacks against the C6 Death Knight.
Edited by Gradivus.