Special Heroes: Bridal Grace

Jave

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Florete said:

Shanna and Juno feels right to me. It's a bit harder to guess than some previous ones, though.

6 hours ago, Florete said:

She's also married to Zealot, which fits the banner theme.

Besides, we have both a TT slot and a demote slot for less popular character choices.

Fuckin called it.

Okay, so I do want to make it clear that I'm pretty okay with the banner. We have three new characters, who may or may not have been added as their regular forms anytime soon. I'm okay with that, what I do have a problem with is ...

Seriously? Two fucking female characters as the Harmonic? Again? We've literally only had one male character as part of a Harmonic and that was as the backside. Stop being so fucking predictable, IS.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Shana or her sisters could be possible but Zelot seems like the sort of character destined to never make it into Heroes. 

Well, about that...

Solid lineup. Three new characters, and the first new unit type since last year's bridal banner! Shanna, Saul, and Catria are all tempting in their own ways, but I need to hold off until after the mythic banner. I'll probably go for blue and green until I get Juno, to see if I can pick up Catria on the way but not worrying about it if not.

Or... wait, Catria has two games that are both new to the Harmonic lineup. That might be enough to put her over the edge into being a major priority, especially considering all her other tricks.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Seriously? Two fucking female characters as the Harmonic? Again? We've literally only had one male character as part of a Harmonic and that was as the backside. Stop being so fucking predictable, IS.

It doesn't justify the other harmonic pairs, but to be fair to this one, it would probably be pretty strange to put a man and woman from different universes together on a wedding-themed banner.

Thea should have been the lead, though. Catria already has other alts and Thea's sisters are on the banner.

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

It doesn't justify the other harmonic pairs, but to be fair to this one, it would probably be pretty strange to put a man and woman from different universes together on a wedding-themed banner.

There was also the option of making this Harmonic (or at least one) male-male as well. Granted, since this specific theme is FE6 pegasus sisters with Catria on the side, I get why the Harmonic is the way it is. But I'm still irritated because they purposely chose to make all the Harmonics except for Veronica and Xander all female, and they totally didn't have to be. Altina and Sanaki could've been Altina and Sephiran, for example, and it would still represent the same two games.

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

Thea should have been the lead, though. Catria already has other alts and Thea's sisters are on the banner.

Agreed, kind of like how Nah honestly could've been in the lead for the spring banner and it still would've worked out.

6 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

And with this FE2, FE5 and TMS are missing harmonic hero.

This Catria is FE2!Catria, actually.

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

Wait, you are right. This means FE5 or TMS will be on July summer banner.

Hmm. If they do FE5 in the summer, they could do TMS for the dancer banner, which would be fitting.

Aside from Saul, this is a pretty underwhelming banner. Groom Zelot being yet another F2P axe cavalier isn't exactly helping matters, either.

Saul:
Odd Recovery is nice if the player didn't spark for it on the Winter 2020 banner. Makes AR-D teams immune to Isolation-inducing effects from Mila and Bride Fjorm.
C Duel Cavalry 4 can make CYL Lyn and Claude have a resurgence in Arena modes.
Return is seen used by aggressive AR-D teams.

Shanna:
Her Prf bow reminds me of Legendary Alm since her bow deals true damage based on Shanna's Spd.

Juno:
Aerobatics fodder is nice, I guess. Her tome looks OK though it's mainly going to be useful to some support-oriented blue tome like Dancer Rinea (who already has a Distant Guard 3 tome).

Catria+Thea:
So Triangle Attack is now a status (double attack if near 2 allies). Her Harmonic skill looks interesting but it's not as insane as granting another action to an ally seen with Duo Peony or Harmonic Dorothea. At the very least, it'd benefit Catria more since she'd be able to quad attack.

Zelot:
Another F2P axe unit so likely a huge zzz... Probably is going to get an Atk/Def version of Juno's weapon.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'm pretty happy with this lineup of characters. It's nice to see Juno and Zelot actually get into the game in some form, and Thea was one of the characters I thought might get a Bride alt. I just didn't expect her to be a Harmonic with Catria. Catria totally stole the lead away from her, too, it should have been Thea leading. Oh well.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm pretty happy with this lineup of characters. It's nice to see Juno and Zelot actually get into the game in some form, and Thea was one of the characters I thought might get a Bride alt. I just didn't expect her to be a Harmonic with Catria. Catria totally stole the lead away from her, too, it should have been Thea leading. Oh well.

Wait Thea isn't the lead? I don't know which one is which.

Pardon the all caps below, but:

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SAUL TO ENTER THE GAME FOR YEARS NOW, AND I'M SO HAPPY THAT HE'S IN, BUT HE'S AN ALT, AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THAT. BUT BET YOUR BUT I'M GOING TO SPLURGE TO RECRUIT HIM.

At last one of my head-canon family teams can be complete! It won't be perfect (I'm much prefer a Vanilla Saul), but it'll definitely do!

Before I say anything about the banner, anyone who wants to laugh at me is very much free to do so.

Anyways, this was a complete skip (because FE6, at best, puts me to sleep)....until they plopped Catria in there. Ugh, and I'm in the middle of failing to get fell F!Morgan too. As for some other thoughts and observations:

• I guess Shadows of Valentia really is just a joke to IS now. The first new unit they get since Mila nearly a year ago.....and it's an Archanean. That said, at least she's an axe unit (Valentia now has just two axe units).
  • They seriously passed up Naesala and Leanne for this. If not for Catria, I'd be completely disappointed.
  • Yay, our third axe cav TT unit just this year...and it's Zelot at that. Are they seriously going to give us one for each of the remaining odd-numbered months too?
  • How was Shanna treated this well, while last year's Marisha Ray character (Oboro) got complete dogshit?
  • I suppose I can now add "Cordelia & Catria Harmonic" onto my pile of shattered dreams.
  • No, Thea should not have been the lead. In most cases, the more popular character ALWAYS gets the lead slot, as they should (especially when the characters are completely mismatched popularity-wise like Catria & Thea or Dorothea & Lene).

6 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Wait Thea isn't the lead? I don't know which one is which.

The unit is named "Catria," so she's the lead. Catria's hair is the darker shade of blue.

26 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Shanna:
Her Prf bow reminds me of Legendary Alm since her bow deals true damage based on Shanna's Spd.

It's actually almost identical to Gigascalibur.

Gigascalibur gives +3 Spd, damage equal to 20% of Spd, and +4 Atk/Spd to self and allies within 2 spaces.

Rose-Quartz bow gives +3 Atk, damage equal to 20% of Spd, and +6 Atk/Spd to self.

Catria+Thea:
So Triangle Attack is now a status (double attack if near 2 allies). Her Harmonic skill looks interesting but it's not as insane as granting another action to an ally seen with Duo Peony or Harmonic Dorothea. At the very least, it'd benefit Catria more since she'd be able to quad attack.

The Triangle Attack status requires 2 allies with the Triangle Attack status to activate, so it's far more restrictive than the version found on the previous Whitewing weapons.

I wonder if they'll retroactively make the previous Whitewing weapons count as having Triangle Attack. Probably not, but would make it a bit easier to work with.

Zelot:
Another F2P axe unit so likely a huge zzz... Probably is going to get an Atk/Def version of Juno's weapon.

Meanwhile, axe cavalry still needs more units, so I'm happy to be getting more of them. I just hope he comes with a unique stat spread. We're still missing an axe cavalry with more than 30 base Res.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I think I will try to get two copies of BG!Saul, one to keep and one for C Duel Cavalry. BG!Catria seems okay.

I think I should also start getting B Duel Flying and R Duel Infantry for my Arena team.

I was hoping for a banner that would let me save my orbs and I wasn't dissapointed on that.

I still like the banner and I think its impressive how they just go with fe6 this time around even if it would probably be smarter to include like Leanne and Neassala or other heavy hitters. Yuno looks pretty good, but I don't think she and Zealot are great crowd pleasers. Still she or Saul would be me go to's if I find the room for a pull.

This harmonic hero is good with the theme. two serious pegasus middle sisters, but I still find it a bit amusing that even some unimportant characters like Thea seem to have a bigger chance of getting a harmonic alt then male characters. Its been almost a year and its been just Xander as of now.

...wow. I didn't think I could say "skip" to a banner any easier, but somehow I did.

The ONLY unit I know jack about is Catria, and already I was kinda eh about her. Not like I don't like her, she's just eh to me. So all unit appeal is out the window.

The Prf weapons look neat I guess, but nothing I particularly NEED. Triangle Attack doesn't look very revolutionary when it demands the same three units be near each other at all times. I'll just stick to using actual Brave units, thanks. Observant Staff looks neat, but I already don't use the ally support system in the first place, so its effects are completely lost on me. And the demote weapons effects... wow. I guess it's... something for the units with no Prf but Atk and Res to spare? Overall nothing I want or need.

And all this is coming a few weeks off of the Fallen banner with four of the most stacked on summoning units in the regular summoning pool.

I always feel bad for saying skip to a banner, but when I know nothing about the units and don't want any of the weapon effects on my side... I guess the Harmonic effect is cool if you're a unit who doesn't already have a way to get an automatic follow-up, but even then I don't think I have enough Archanean/Binding Blade units to justify trying for it...

Eh, not really feeling this banner even with Bride Catria being super enticing. 

Saul's fodder is godly, although you need 2 copies of him to get the Staff/Odd Recovery/Return+ which is quite the ordeal. Then again, he's a cav healer so it's better to use him to enable those disgusting turn 1 kill machines on AR-D. His staff is wonky just like Nina's Prf, but it gives very good benefits if you pull off it's condition (it's useless on the AI hands, though). 

Shanna's kinda eh. Red bows are really rare and she's the first flying one so she has that going for her for what it's worth. Her Prf is ok, Spd based true dmg is always nice to have and she's quite fast but that's all the weapon does. Well, at times it's better to go with the tried and true rather than going for gimmicky stuff that may or may not work. 

Juno is fodder, except her only enticing fodder is Aerobatics. All the other skills are niche so yeah. How worth it'll be to build her outside of favoritism will have to wait until the stats are revealed, after all she has to compete with Summer Lute. 

First let me gush on how pretty Catria & Thea look. I think the art is from the same artist that did sword Catria's art, and I really liked that one too so it's no surprise I adore this one, although their hands are a little too Reinhardt-like. That aside, as the stars of the banner they are really strong units. Their Prf is loaded, Slaying/stats/self Orders buff/Drive Triangle Attack. From my experience with Trio Palla, Triangle Attack is kinda wonky to pull off on open maps but works wonders on more cramped maps. I don't remember if Duo F!Byleth's Desperation renews itself how did I forget when I use her very often, but if it does then this is a downgrade over that, if not this is slightly better for the extra Atk/Spd. Great unit, but not a must have. 

Edit: Just checked and Duo Byleth's Desperation renews itself every 3 turns. It can be used on allies within 2 spaces so it's more restrictive, but still generous enough, so Bridal Catria's is worse in the long run. 

Edited by Alexmender