Special Heroes: Bridal Grace

Jave

Also if anyone remembers and/or cares, this Harmonic is a Forging Bonds callback (specifically, Valentia Catria's S Rank). Maybe that's why they assigned Valentia to Catria again.

9 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I think the art is from the same artist that did sword Catria's art, and I really liked that one too so it's no surprise I adore this one, although their hands are a little too Reinhardt-like.

Yeah, it's the same artist. They're also responsible for Erinys's top tier art as well.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Saul, will try for him. The duo is welcome and so is 1 copy of Juno.

dont really need Shanna, though I appreciate getting a red bow in something other than infantry!

We shall see. Mythic trailer Saturday PST and it might not be an OC, will see how that goes to determine my spending 

3 hours ago, Jave said:

Kudos to IntSys for keeping their support of GirlxGirl weddings

lmo they'll just end up saying things like "She is my bridesmaid!" or something like that. 

Anyway, what a meh banner.
When I saw Saul I was hyped up for a possible Dorothy, but heh, obviously not. The other characters are kinda forgettable to me, and... god, Catria. AGAIN. Plus, she is said to be from SoV... yeah, that poor game is being forgotten even by IS. And when they finally decide to bring a character from it, BAM, it's not even a character from Valentia.
I'll pass on this and just look for Bridal Cordelia for the 4th year in a row.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Seriously? Two fucking female characters as the Harmonic? Again? We've literally only had one male character as part of a Harmonic and that was as the backside. Stop being so fucking predictable, IS.

Come on, it's Fire Emblem. What did you expect?

Saul is a really cool pick but I would've scrapped this duo for Dorothy/someone else.  Don't care about Thea because she's a sister-killer.

FE6 absolutely deserved more seasonals so it's nice to see, plus for overlooked characters like Juno and Zealot that's always nice.

After looking at the dresses better, they're really bland.  Sad.

Edited by Sayyyaka

3 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Anyone else think they gave Catria and Thea arms that are way too skinny?

Yeah this artist's Resplendant Azura looks kind of weird too, but I like their other stuff.

3 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I uninstalled the game for a week and my favorite character gets a new alt...

Back to the rabbit hole I go!

When I saw Catria, I was thinking "Didn't they just uninstall the game?". Funny stuff.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Meanwhile, axe cavalry still needs more units, so I'm happy to be getting more of them. I just hope he comes with a unique stat spread. We're still missing an axe cavalry with more than 30 base Res.

Saleh comes pretty close with 28 base Res, but I guess this guy could have Conrad like stats. We can complete the weapon trio lol.

This banner does incite me a bit, but I should wait after the Mythic banner before giving it a shot.

Well, it was...kind of?...SoV. I know pretty much no one here besides Catria (who kinds of sounds like she's underwater. Poor voice actress; it's probably because of mic issues or something. I hope she can re-record sometime.) And I guess Catria is the only SoV rep of the whitewings forever. I guess that's fine, but... Anyway, good for FE6 fans. Saul looks fun to use, and it was creative of IS to include more than just brides/grooms. It's kind of painfully obvious who the demote is. The free unit shows up on that last map, but I don't know who he is.

Also, that harmonic looks like Catria and Catria. (You already made this joke in Catria's FB, IS.) What's the other one's name again?

Anyway, it's rather unbalanced... I feel like SoV should've had at least 1 more rep on this banner or as the TT+ unit. It just feels awkward with Catria being such an odd one out.

Well, looks like I'm free pulling colorless, and if that's unavailable, red (that bow isn't bad fodder and I like the name.) I may regret not pulling Saul for fodder, but...well, I need to replenish my orb stock for other units I know I want/ones I may want who may be coming up.

11 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Anyway, it's rather unbalanced... I feel like SoV should've had at least 1 more rep on this banner or as the TT+ unit. It just feels awkward with Catria being such an odd one out.

The reason Catria is the odd one out is because this entire banner including the freebie is Binding Blade, and Catria is only there because she's a Harmonic Hero.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The reason Catria is the odd one out is because this entire banner including the freebie is Binding Blade, and Catria is only there because she's a Harmonic Hero.

Yeah, I know. That's my point. I think the game representation should be more balanced, so that both members of harmonic units have others from their home games on their banners. Like, we could've at least had Bride SoV Palla supporting her sister here, both being the single dingles.

5 hours ago, Florete said:

It doesn't justify the other harmonic pairs, but to be fair to this one, it would probably be pretty strange to put a man and woman from different universes together on a wedding-themed banner.

I disagree here. It's not an actual wedding, it's like the characters are playing dress-up, so anyone can join in. Also, I'm still clinging to hope for Bride Florina + Groom Lon'qu. I have joke shipped these two pretty much since I first played Awakening all those years ago.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Edited by Mercakete

Okay let's start with the positives:

- Really happy to get a Shanna alt. Remember when she won against Takumi in a VG and we started joking that she would get an alt as a reward? It took years but here we are. Which is good, I want all VG winners to have at least two versions in the game (Wrys alt when, IS?).

- New unit type is always a big deal.

- The next harmonic is now guaranteed to have Thracia or TMS, both games in dire need of more units to work with for stuff like resonant battles.

- I will never be unhappy with THREE brand new characerts on a seasonal banner. It's like they are compensating for the zero new characters on the children banner.

- They will remind us that they are heterosexual in every sentence, but I don't care. I will still take the image of two brides holding and protecting each other and run with the implications. If Catria/Thea fem-slash doesn't become a thing I will be greatly disappointed. If I had a nickel for every time FEH solved the inherit cringeness of a girl pining over a married lord by pairing her with a cute light-blue haired gal with short hair in a seasonal banner I would have two nickles. Which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice (the first time was Faye and Silque).

- This one is more of a hope, and isn't guaranteed at all, but... first Duo Palla, then Harmonic Catria. Duo/Harmonic Est in our future??? I hope so, the last time the pattern meant something and we eventually got Spring Est. It's cool of IS to remember the Est fanbase and give her nice things from time to time. Plus it will be hilarious seeing the haters foam at the mouth and seriously try to explain why she doesn't "deserve" a third version using math and stuff.

- Saul getting in the game is awesome, but...

Now for the negatives:

2 hours ago, Francis said:

When I saw Saul I was hyped up for a possible Dorothy, but heh

2 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

Saul is a really cool pick but I would've scrapped this duo for Dorothy/someone else.

- MOOD! Seriously I was so happy for a moment, and then the disappointment hit like a truck. Is this how Kieran fans feel like? Is this how I would have felt two years ago if we got only Sigrun, with no Tanith? Whatever the case, sh*t is wack! What were they thinking separating the dynamic duo like that?

You can't have Saul without Dorothy.

That would be like Delthea without Luthier, or Astram without Midia. Wait...

- Man RIP SoV fans. They technically got something but I doubt they wanted more Catria. At this point I really hope the next new hero banner is for them, becauze if not I don't know what to say.

- Is it me or are Blue Flying Tomes getting way more units than Red or Green variants? Maybe it's just my impression.

Edited by GrandeRampel

7 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Is this how Kieran fans feel like?

- Man RIP SoV fans. They technically got something but I doubt they wanted more Catria. At this point I really hope the next new hero banner is for them, becauze if not I don't know what to say.

I appreciate the condolences. Though, I like Kieran as his own person, and only really saw his friendship with Oscar as an aside (probably because Oscar has more prominent roles in his life to fulfill and has already moved on by the time you meet him at the start of the game.) As for SoV, yeah. Actually, it'd be nice if we got more villains for that one, like Slayde and Fernand and more Berkut and Witch Rinea (I do legit love Berkut and I think Witch Rinea would be great, but I'm okay with them sticking with what they have for now, especially since Berkut has 3 versions already. ...All are lance users, but I am okay with this.)

34 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

As for SoV, yeah. Actually, it'd be nice if we got more villains for that one, like Slayde and Fernand and more Berkut and Witch Rinea (I do legit love Berkut and I think Witch Rinea would be great, but I'm okay with them sticking with what they have for now, especially since Berkut has 3 versions already. ...All are lance users, but I am okay with this.)

Oh yes, I agree. It's so weird that with the playable cast almost complete and so many villains to pick from, SoV only got Berkut, Rudolf, Duma and Rinea if we want to get technical. Nuibaba and Fernand are baffling because they are the type of characters that FEH usually likes. Slayde also could get in on meme potential alone (he has the same energy as Kempf, Narcian and Valter to me) and Jedah is relevant to the plot, which is another factor that helped villains before. It's so weird.

There's some surprising creativity in bringing along a minister for the Bridal set. Also a pair of canonical lovers, a piner, and... someone with only occasional romantic teases for no one in particular, and someone so straight laced that romance almost never comes up for them. They'll just throw anybody in these gowns.

Great for anyone into these character but for me it would have been one of the easiest skips imaginable. 

I've always felt Binding Blade had a really basic cast. There are characters from that game I'm very fond of but none of these characters belong to that list. Of the many Pegasus siblings I never really had any affection for these ones nor Catria. So you've got a whole bunch of characters I don't care about trapped in a seasonal theme I don't care about. 

But its actually pretty nice that Saul is here. 

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I disagree here. It's not an actual wedding, it's like the characters are playing dress-up, so anyone can join in.

You're not technically wrong, but it would still give off the impression of those two getting married, and FEH has tended to avoid implying any non-canon ships.

Just saying that if there was any harmonic to not be mixed gender, it's this one. Unless they cheated like with Altina/Sanaki, but I don't even know who could fit for that.

3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Okay let's start with the positives:

- Really happy to get a Shanna alt. Remember when she won against Takumi in a VG and we started joking that she would get an alt as a reward? It took years but here we are. Which is good, I want all VG winners to have at least two versions in the game (Wrys alt when, IS?).

- New unit type is always a big deal.

- The next harmonic is now guaranteed to have Thracia or TMS, both games in dire need of more units to work with for stuff like resonant battles.

- I will never be unhappy with THREE brand new characerts on a seasonal banner. It's like they are compensating for the zero new characters on the children banner.

- They will remind us that they are heterosexual in every sentence, but I don't care. I will still take the image of two brides holding and protecting each other and run with the implications. If Catria/Thea fem-slash doesn't become a thing I will be greatly disappointed. If I had a nickel for every time FEH solved the inherit cringeness of a girl pining over a married lord by pairing her with a cute light-blue haired gal with short hair in a seasonal banner I would have two nickles. Which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice (the first time was Faye and Silque).

- This one is more of a hope, and isn't guaranteed at all, but... first Duo Palla, then Harmonic Catria. Duo/Harmonic Est in our future??? I hope so, the last time the pattern meant something and we eventually got Spring Est. It's cool of IS to remember the Est fanbase and give her nice things from time to time. Plus it will be hilarious seeing the haters foam at the mouth and seriously try to explain why she doesn't "deserve" a third version using math and stuff.

- Saul getting in the game is awesome, but...

Now for the negatives:

- MOOD! Seriously I was so happy for a moment, and then the disappointment hit like a truck. Is this how Kieran fans feel like? Is this how I would have felt two years ago if we got only Sigrun, with no Tanith? Whatever the case, sh*t is wack! What were they thinking separating the dynamic duo like that?

You can't have Saul without Dorothy.

That would be like Delthea without Luthier, or Astram without Midia. Wait...

- Is it me or are Blue Flying Tomes getting way more units than Red or Green variants? Maybe it's just my impression.

I was surprised by the lack of Dorothy as well. Hopefully she gets in eventually.

2 hours ago, Florete said:

Just saying that if there was any harmonic to not be mixed gender, it's this one. Unless they cheated like with Altina/Sanaki, but I don't even know who could fit for that.

There's been a few ideas pitched around in my server. Zeke/Nyna, a few Jugdral pairings like Leaf/Nanna, something with the Awakening kids in Fates, or just repeating the Tellius pairing (literally anyone could do the trick.)

8 hours ago, LoneStar said:

When I saw Catria, I was thinking "Didn't they just uninstall the game?". Funny stuff.

I'm still not super interested in playing much. I'll just do the bare minimum for the time being. I'll admit that even a Catria fangirl like me is a bit miffed that she's the Harmonic hero instead of giving the spotlight to another SoV character, but my bias towards her still makes me want to try to get her...

Saul! He's the best part of this. Having a bunch of blue-short haired Pegasus Knights... is not. Seriously, every time one of them was shown I could not tell who it was supposed to be. 

Also, I got a familiar laugh and cringe seeing certain replies to the official tweet. Some things never change.

58 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Also, I got a familiar laugh and cringe seeing certain replies to the official tweet. Some things never change.

I know exactly what you're talking about haha.

Anyway, I'm thinking I might try to get Catria/Thea, and maybe Juno.

I wish we had another Echoes unit on the banner, or the TT unit was from Echoes.

Even last year, Summer Mia was not alone... she had Rhys. Masked Marth was the one alone from her title, but I don't care about her