Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War coming to the Japanese SNES Online (Super Famicom Online) on May 26th, 2021

King Marth 64

Nintendo just put up the May 2021 Trailer that are releasing 6 SNES Games and One NES Game. I managed to look at the Japanese Trailer for NES and SNES Online (Famicom Online and Super Famicom Online) that they just revealed Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War is coming to the Japanese SNES Online (Super Famicom Online). It is coming at May 26th. I'm pretty sure the two that replaces Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War for the International Game List could been Spanky's Quest or Super Baseball Simulator 1,000. Since Nintendo just put Genealogy of the Holy War in the Game Library, I'm definitely think that possible chances of a Jugdral Remake might going to show as unlikely deconfirm to be shown off for E3 2021 incase what Nintendo and Intelligent System going to show off a possible Fire Emblem game at E3. 

Edited by King Marth 64

Aaaaaaaaah!!!

Every time they update with new games, I check the japanese trailer as well, expecting Gaiden to be next. But I couldn't check it out tonight because youtube was down. What a pleasant surprise! I'm still not sure why they skipped over FE2, but I am certainly going to give this game another go now that it's on switch. Might make for a good way to brush up on my japanese as well.

Nobody has asked but I'll put down some instructions anyway on how to play Famicom games on your switch:

1. What you need: A switch, the Nintendo Switch online subscription active on at least one of your switch profiles, an old email address you don't care about.
  2. Make a new Nintendo account, and set its region to Japan. 
  3. Make a new switch profile and attach that new nintendo account to it.
  4. On your new profile, access the eshop. It's in Japanese, but all we need to do is look up the Famicom and Super Famicom apps and download them. The download is free. There should be a dedicated Switch Online tab on the eshop's home page, otherwise, just type in FAMICOM in the search bar to find them
  5. Once downloaded, just attempt to play them with a switch profile that has an active subscription. That profile does not need its region set to Japan.

This is actually great news since I know now it's possible to play JP games for everyone.

I am / was not interested in FE1 or FE2, but playing Judgral game(s) on an actual console always was a wish of mine.

Big thanks to @Glennstavos for this great guide!

I hope it will work for me once the game is out.

I started playing this today! My Japanese is limited, but I can generally recognize the proper nouns. Mainly because I've already played them in English, so they're familiar transliterations. The kanji, though, is largely a lost cause.

Not having a speed-up option is definitely to the detriment of its playability, relative to emulation. That said, simply having it playable, on a North American console, is so cool. And since it's the Switch, it's technically portable. Hell yeah.