Would Robin not having children prevent Grima's future resurrection?

Samz707

So for the ending if you let Chrom deal the final blow, Grima does his whole "I'll be back" thing.

Maybe I'm crazy, but wouldn't this be prevented by Robin simply not having kids?

The amount of people with any Grima blood almost certainly plummeted to near-zero after the Mass-suicide to resurrect Grima. (and unless I'm mis-remembering, you need someone with Grima Blood to resurrect Grima.)

Robin and their off-spring seems like the only candidate to have a decent amount of Grima Blood. (Unless the Grimleal have a giant vat of Grima Blood somewhere that's never mentioned.) 

So if Robin simply just didn't have kids, No more Grima Blood in substantial amounts and Grima's resurrection would seemingly become impossible.

It's not even like they can take blood from Grima's corpse since it turns instantly into a skeleton in both endings.

I'd say a wishy-washy yes & no.

• Yes, because there would be no more Grima lineage left that we are aware of.
    • Although, there could be distant cousins who are descended from Robin's great, great, great, great, great Grima-lineage grandmother, or something.
  • No, because Medeus and Loptous (if killed by Seliph) alike offer as "As long as evil exists in the hearts of Man, I Count Dracula shall return one day". Loptous's case is more relevant here, because, ignoring Saias possibly who feasibly died celibate, nobody has any Loptous blood left, it would appear 2 Holy Bloods is the max anyone can contain, and neither Seliph nor Julia got it. And yet, Loptous insists he could return -although this could be the futile wish of a dying angry dragon. After all, we have no record of another Loptous resurrection, and a Medeus one is highly improbable.
    • Even if Robin didn't have children and there were no distant relatives who over generations of careful breeding could produce another Grima vessel, if there is a will, there is always room to look for a way. Whether one actually exists, we cannot say, but IS left the door open for one.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

22 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

As we see in the ending of Awakening, when Robin wakes up again, the Mark of Grima is gone. So it's perfectly possible that Robin may have been purified of Grima's blood after the final battle when they came back.

Granted, I should have clarified but I was thinking among the lines of the non-sacrifice ending. (Where if I remember, that scene is missing I think.)

3 hours ago, Samz707 said:

So for the ending if you let Chrom deal the final blow, Grima does his whole "I'll be back" thing.

Maybe I'm crazy, but wouldn't this be prevented by Robin simply not having kids?

The amount of people with any Grima blood almost certainly plummeted to near-zero after the Mass-suicide to resurrect Grima. (and unless I'm mis-remembering, you need someone with Grima Blood to resurrect Grima.)

Robin and their off-spring seems like the only candidate to have a decent amount of Grima Blood. (Unless the Grimleal have a giant vat of Grima Blood somewhere that's never mentioned.) 

So if Robin simply just didn't have kids, No more Grima Blood in substantial amounts and Grima's resurrection would seemingly become impossible.

It's not even like they can take blood from Grima's corpse since it turns instantly into a skeleton in both endings.

Not quite. The thing is, it's hard to verify whether there are no more Fellbloods out there, but based on Naga's words, indicating that Grima WILL come back in the future, it's possible that there are other Fellbloods out there. Robin became the only candidate that could inherit Grima's power, but even if he dies childless, there are possibly other children out there still that can, even in diluted bloodline.

9 hours ago, Samz707 said:

The amount in this particular world and timeline, yes. But there are timelines where Grima won, and a whared past where Grima is alive. Through some combination of time travel, the Dragon's Gate, and Deeprealms, I have little doubt that someone with Grima's blood - or Grima themself - could make it back to the world and timeline where we just won.

Even if Grima's resurrection is prevented, another one could pop up. Loptyr said he will come back as long as evil in people's hearts or whatever. While this isn't exactly true, there have been similar instances with Medeus and Grima. So if Grima is extinguished, it's only a matter of time (1000 years is the magic number for this series) until another dark dragon comes to surface and wants to rule(?)/destroy(?)/do something with the world.