Fire Emblem 1 - How to change who recruits who?

Polinym

Hello! I've been working on some hacking of Fire Emblem 1. I'm currently struggling with how to modify which character can recruit another. There's nothing in the enemy data for it, and searching for CMP #$02 (Compare to Sheeda's character index, for recruiting Navarre), and looking some of the ASM code that's triggered when checking adjacent spaces to the moved unit, but to no avail. Anyone have any information on this? Is there a table somewhere with all recruit check indexes?

z_recruit.png.15554470fc5d907fdf601e7fabcce76b.png

I've got a reasonable amount of notes on FE1; the details are available on my dropbox and the respective FEU thread. They're a bit old, but here's the relevant extract.

0x3eddd=Changing this byte stops Daros from being talked to.
It looks like a recruitment table. The table seems to start at 0x3edd4, and looks like it relates to a similar table at 0x3edc5, controlling recruiters.
Studying the debugger shows there is a command converting Daros's enemy ID to his player ID, 0x0F, at 0x3EDF9. That table starts at 0x3edf0.

To provide a proper explanation that isn't some three-year-old ramblings...

There are three tables that control recruitment, that are all linked together. 0x3EDC5 lists which character initiates the talk. 0x3EDD4 lists which enemy can be talked to. 0x3EDF0 lists which player character to convert the enemy into. In your case, character ID 0x2 (Sheeda) can talk to enemy ID 0x87 (Navarre) to recruit him, converting him to character ID 0x13. There seems to be a fourth table, but I've no idea what it does or if it's even related. I've included the data for reference's sake. I'm fairly sure the 00 at the end of the recruiter data is meant to be a terminator.

Recruiter: 02 02 02 02 10 19 0E 01 01 01 02 11 1C 12 00
Enemy ID : BD 87 BF C0 AE BA BE 9E C1 AD C3 C4 C5 B6
Unknown  : 0A 0B 0C 0D 0F 10 0E 01 3D 00 53 49 40 18
Player ID: 0D 13 2F 32 08 31 34 1E 29 0F 2E 2D 2C 2A

Aw, sweet! That's definitely what I'm looking for. The notes you linked are going to be even more helpful, too. Now I can finally have as much fun with this hack that I was hoping to. Many thanks!