How many FE games have you played?

Blaiddyd

How many FE have you played? Which game you liked the best? The FE games that I have played, are:

• The Blazing Blade
  • The Sacred Stones
  • Fates
  • Three Houses
  • Heroes

My favorite FE game that I've played is Sacred Stones so far.

So far I’ve played:

• Gaiden
  • Genealogy of the Holy War
  • Thracia 776
  • Binding Blade
  • Blazing Sword
  • Sacred Stones
  • Like the first two or the chapters of Radiant Dawn
  • New Mystery of the Emblem
  • Awakening 
  • Birthright
  • Conquest
  • Revelation
  • Shadows of Valentia
  • Three Houses
  • Heroes (if you count that lmao)

While Birthright is easily my favorite, I think that’s too easy of an answer. I think the other one that I had the most fun with has been Thracia 776. Sucks tho that I’ve had to restart the game like 3 times cus of data corruptions or something haha. Might just play my next playthrough in paragon mode xd

I have played every Fire Emblem game but the first three, but I admit that I never finsihed FE5, due to it being way too frustrating for my liking.

My favorite game in the series is listed as Shadow Dragon, but I also like New Mystery, Echoes, Radiant Dawn, and Three Houses a great deal.

Let's count side titles so I can actually add stuff to other categories:

Finished:

Gaiden, MotE BI, Genealogy, T776, BB, BS, SS, PoR, RD, SD, NMotE, Awake, BR, CQ, Rev, SoV, 3H

I should've finished it:

MotE BII, Warriors I guess, Kaga Saga if you count it as FE (I should get on it regardless)

Nope, not playing any more:

SDatBoL, Heroes

Untouched:

BSFE (Tried the DS version in NMotE), TMS

So far, I've played and finished (in order):

• Fire Emblem (The Blazing Blade)
  • Shadow Dragon
  • The Binding Blade
  • The Sacred Stones
  • Echoes: SoV

And I'm currently about 1/3 of the way through New Mystery of the Emblem.

I've thoroughly enjoyed each one for different reasons. I couldn't pick a favorite out of these, but Echoes: SoV is probably my least favorite. It wasn't a bad game by any stretch, but I felt it dragged on way too long because of the exploration. I picked up the series for strategy, and while I do love JRPGs, I don't feel the two were blended so well in this game. I enjoyed bits of it, but sometimes I just wanted it to end so I could go back to traditional Fire Emblem gameplay.

I've finished:

• Genealogy of the Holy War - 2 times
  • Thracia 776 - 3 times
  • Binding Blade - 1 time
  • Blazing Blade - Finished Lyn and Eliwood Mode once, Hector mode not finished
  • Sacred Stones - 1 time
  • Path of Radiance - 1 time
  • Awakening - around 6 times?
  • Birthright - 3 times
  • Conquest - around 4 times?
  • Revelation - 2 times
  • Shadows of Valentia - 1 time

I have played but I haven't finished:

• Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light - currently playing
  • Gaiden
  • Mystery of the Emblem
  • Radiant Dawn - currently playing
  • New Mystery of the Emblem - currently playing

I haven't tried:

• Three Houses - I dont own a switch 😞 but I hope I can play it soon

Personal tier list

Unranked - Gaiden/New Mystery/3H because I'm not sure

S tier (Amazing)

Thracia 776 - I had a pretty miserable time in my first playthrough, but after getting used to the mechanics and playing Genealogy, it has become my favorite game. The story and the gameplay mechanics are both top notch. I feel like I get a lot better at the game the more I play it and that process is very satisfying. I really like how Leif grows from an immature kid to a somewhat respectable lord throughout the course of the game. 

Conquest - The story is hot garbage but I don't mind that much. The game balance is probably the best in the series and the lunatic mode maps are very challenging and interesting.

Genealogy of the Holy War - The best worldbuilding and plot the series has to offer. Gameplay is fun with the broken holy weapons. 

A tier (Good)

Radiant Dawn - Tellius worldbuilding is a close second to Genealogy. Act 1 and 2 starts out kinda boring but the game gets really good starting from Act 3 (I'm currently playing through Act 4.) The massive scale of the armies makes it feel like I'm participating in an actual war, and the tactics deployed in some chapters like the rolling stones or manhole traps were interesting to see. The gameplay can feel pretty slow though. 

Path of Radiance - Again, very solid worldbuilding, piss easy gameplay but the game is very dialogue-heavy anyways so it didn't feel like a big detriment. The point of this game is more like a visual novel LOL. Let's go Titania and Jill!!!

Shadows of Valentia - very beautiful art and music, good enough story, ok gameplay because some mechanics I really liked while some I didn't. 

Birthright - Not Conquest levels of fun in terms of gameplay but it is not too far, especially if you decide to bench the royals so the other units can get a chance. I liked the traditional Japanese-style soundtracks. Story is ok. 

B tier (Ok)

Awakening - This is my first game. The game became unfun for me after I figured out how to break it. I made a romhack called Rebalanced Awakening which fixes some of the gameplay problems and I would give my hack an A tier. I like the majestic-ness of the soundtrack. Most of the supports kinda suck but I liked the characters themselves. Story is alright.

Shadow Dragon - I like how Marth learns of the horrors of war and matures throughout the course of the game as a true ruler. The game is kinda fun to break with how many warps the game gives you + broken forges. 

Sacred Stones - This game is easy beyond redemption. I recently did a garbage units only playthrough and I had fun. Story is ok. One thing that saves the game from C tier is its characters - the supports were a delight to read and I wish Awakening/Fates supports could have been as high quality as these. 

C tier (eh)

Binding Blade + Blazing Blade - These games are just... alright. I don't really have much good or bad to say about these games. The story is ok. The gameplay is ok. The characters are ok. They are the most baseline games in the series. These are also the only games where I dislike playing the hard mode compared to the normal mode, it's just more annoying to play against. 

Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light + Mystery of the Emblem - I get that these are the forefather games but they are too archaic for my tastes. I dont think these games are particularly that good in terms of both story and gameplay. 

D tier (this game sucks)

Revelation - Story could have been done a lot better IMO. Gameplay is hot garbage, holy shit. They didn't even bother tweaking around the unit base stats! This game has some interesting gimmicks in the map design like floating bridges, an unreliable Mikoto telling you where to go, enemy units becoming promoted/unpromoted depending on what tile they are standing on, etc. but... it's just not fun. This game feels more like an extended DLC rather than the supposed canon ending. 

Edited by windypanda1

I've played:

- Awakening
- FE7
- Most of Shadow Dragon; I was borrowing it from an acquaintance and had to give it back. (Also I lost a bunch of units and the Starsphere, so I was losing interest.)
- Conquest, Birthright, and Revelations
- About half of Sacred Stones; I was playing on the Wii U and the controller was glitching out a bit.
- Echoes SoV
- Most of Binding Blade; I was emulating it and the save corrupted...
- Three Houses (all but Silver Snow route)

I've also played Warriors and Heroes, though I quit Heroes about a year ago.

I’ve played Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Genealogy of the Holy War, Binding Blade, Blazing Blade/Sword, Sacred Stones, Awakening, Birthright, Conquest, Revelation, Shadows of Valentia and Three Houses. So about half the series.

I've played and beaten:

• Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (I'm on endgame atm but plan to beat it today)
  • Binding Blade
  • Blazing Sword
  • Sacred Stones
  • Path of Radiance
  • Radiant Dawn
  • Shadow Dragon
  • Awakening
  • Conquest
  • Birthright
  • Revelation
  • Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  • Three Houses (All Paths)

My favorite is Sacred Stones, but I freely admit some of that is nostalgia because it was my first Fire Emblem. Otherwise I've enjoyed all of them that I've played even though SDatBoL is a bit dated and controls are clunky. 

I've played (but not finished) almost every game in the series. The only one I haven't touched at all is FE2.

My favorites are Radiant Dawn and Three Houses. They're so close for me that I wish I could list them both as my favorites, tbh.

Edited by twilitfalchion

At least a chapter? All but Awakening. Or technically Birthright / Revelations, if you're counting those separate.

I never got significantly far in 1 or 3, though - just like a chapter or two at most. 2 and 5 I got a fair way through, 14 I nearly finished, 4/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/15/16 I did finish.

I've tried my hand at almost every game in the series, but I have yet to try FE1, 3 or Conquest. Same goes for the spinoffs-Haven't touched Warriors or the crossover one whose name I forget every time.

I've finished all the GBA games, Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon and one route of Three Houses. I'm also close to finishing Berwick Saga, for what that's worth.

Here's the list of FE games I have played:

• Path of Radiance
  • Radiant Dawn
  • Shadow Dragon
  • Awakening
  • Fates: Birthright
  • Fates: Conquest
  • Fates: Revelation
  • Shadows of Valentia
  • Three Houses: Crimson Flower
  • Three Houses: Verdant Wind

I have finished all of these except for the Verdant Wind route of Three Houses, though I am currently near the end of it. After I finish it, I then plan to play through Azure Moon, then Silver Snow.

I've played and beaten all the internationally released ones, plus Binding Blade. I liked most of the ones I played, EXCEPT Shadow Dragon and ESPECIALLY Binding Blade.

4 hours ago, windypanda1 said:

Conquest - The story is hot garbage but I don't mind that much. The game balance is probably the best in the series and the lunatic mode maps are very challenging and interesting.

I'm afraid I am gonna need you to explain the bold, because I just don't see it.

Played/Completed Fire Emblem with hardest difficult beaten:
-Binding Blade: True Ending Normal mode
-Blazing Sword: Hard Lyn, Eliwood. Normal Hector.
-The Sacred Stones: Hard Eirika and Ephriam
-Path of Radiance: Hard
-Radiant Dawn: Hard
-Shadow Dragon: Hard
-New Mystery of the Emblem: Lunatic 3star
-Awakening: Lunatic+
-Fates: Birthright: Lunatic, Conquest: Hard, Revelation: Hard
-Three houses: Hard all four routes.

My favorite is Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance. Special place on my heart for being my first FE, Blazing Sword.

Played:

Blazing Sword 

The Sacred Stones

Path of Radiance

Radiant Dawn

Shadow Dragon

Awakening

Fates: Birthright and Revelation (I tried Conquest and it wasn't for me)

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Heroes

Shadows of Valentia

Three Houses

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore

a tiny bit of Binding Blade. 

Beaten: Everything above BUT

Shadow Dragon - I couldn't get past the aesthetic.

Radiant Dawn - I just stopped caring when I reached the final part. I didn't like how the supports were implemented, or the new characters I was told to attach to for the most part, and when I started to invest in them, Part 4 happened. So I just stopped playing and never turned back.

Fates: Conquest - I didn't like the story. 

TMS#FE - both versions - I like the game, but it's one I can easily put down and pick up. So I don't feel compelled to finish it.

Shadows of Valentia - I like this game a lot, but the entire thing being voiced felt overwhelming to me at the time (I didn't have as much time on my hands as I'd like), and some of the maps just were too much for me. I'd love to go back and beat this, but I don't care about the story I don't like most of the supports or the character, and gameplay and aesthetic are barely enough to keep me going. 

My top 5 currently are: 

Awakening

Three Houses

The Sacred Stones

Blazing Blade

Path of Radiance/Fates

I've played through Awakening, Echoes SoV, Birthright, and Sacred Stones. I'm planning on playing through Blazing Blade soon. My favorite, as you can see in my profile, is Sacred Stones. Awakening was my first FE, like a lot of other people. I proceeded to get Echoes and Birthright, before finally getting my hands on Sacred Stones and Blazing Blade.

I've played and beaten all the games that bear the name Fire Emblem with the exception of the original Archanean Chronicles (though I've played those chapters in New Mystery). This includes TMS, Heroes and Warriors. Right now I'm currently making my way through Tear Ring Saga for the first time.

In terms of the best, Thracia, Binding Blade, Shadow Dragon and Shadows of Valentia appeal most to me. Though Genealogy and Radiant Dawn I like the best as narratives.

The worst is the original Shadow Dragon. Slow, broken ass easy game XD but I still love it. My least favourite as a whole is probably the original Mystery of the Emblem.

I've played and beaten: Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon, Awakening, Birthright, Conquest, Shadows of Valentia, Three Houses, Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Of those, my favourites are Three Houses and Path of Radiance, mostly because I like the characters and world building of those two the best. My least favourites are Sacred Stones and Fates. I've also played some of Blazing Blade (didn't grab me, but I still intend to revisit it some day) and Heroes (didn't play much, but was enough to know it wasn't for me). Of the remainder, I have no intention of playing Revelation since I don't really like Fates anyway and the general consensus is that it's the worst of the three; I might pick up Warriors some day but it isn't a big priority for me; and I don't emulate and don't speak Japanese, so any of the Japan-only titles are off the table.

• 3 weeks later...

The Fire Emblem games I've played were:

• The Blazing Blade
  • The Sacred Stones
  • Path of Radiance
  • Radiant Dawn
  • Awakening
  • Fates (all routes)
  • Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  • Three Houses (all routes)

Also played through Warriors and Heroes, the latter which I have not played in like 3 years. Only ones I haven't played are those that only came out in Japan.

My favorite game in the series is The Sacred Stones followed by both Tellius games.

Edited by Faustino

1 minute ago, Gannondworf13 said:

Either you forgot to include Shadow Dragon in your list or you forgot that Shadow Dragon was released globally. 

And now we can say that twice, once for the NES and once for the DS.