How can I play any gba fire emblem games

Splick

I was wondering if there was any way I could get access to, and play the fe gba games. I don’t have a computer, so emulation is out of the question, and I bought a copy of fe7, fell in love with it, but when I got to chapter 16, it froze and deleted all of my data. Turns out it was a bootleg and all of the authentic gba games cost so much and the bootlegs have major issues. 

Sorry you ended up with a bad cart. The options pretty much are to play on a GBA with legit carts (Need access to them obviously), WiiU VC (Needing a WiiU) or emulation (Pretty much your only way to get BB, but does require the set up of the emulator and getting the files).

For emulation, it can be done on non-PC devices (GBA emulation is a thing on mobile, or homebrewed DS/3DS hardware), but setup would be required regardless alongside the roms (which cannot be provided here). I don't know what devices you have to continue from here.

3 hours ago, Splick said:

I was wondering if there was any way I could get access to, and play the fe gba games. I don’t have a computer, so emulation is out of the question, and I bought a copy of fe7, fell in love with it, but when I got to chapter 16, it froze and deleted all of my data. Turns out it was a bootleg and all of the authentic gba games cost so much and the bootlegs have major issues. 

You have a phone? I'm playing the GBA ones with a mobile emulator and Bluetooth controller ( Ipega 9087 Red Knight) And the emulator is called: MyBoy! Free - GBA Emulator, on the PlayStore. but i must say, If you don't have any Bluetooth controller don't do it, the virtual pad controls kinda suck and are hard to manage, but if you don't mind with that, be happy!

Thank you, I do in fact have a controller that will work. I have had no experience with emulation or any of that before so This really helps 

I'm just gonna post this because I'm lazy and don't want to hand out warns.

Posting emulators is okay.  Posting ROMs/asking for ROMs is not.  Posting where to find ROMs (whether it be a link or a site name) is also not okay.

Hopefully, I won't have to come back to this topic.  Which reminds me, the emulator does not come with the ROM.  Hence why you'll need to find it on your own, then find a way to get it on your phone (but if you're on Android, it shouldn't be too big of a deal).

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The GBA is not region locked. I bought fire emblem 6 through amazon japan (and fire emblem 12). They automatically convert from yen to dollars. The game was about $22, and shipping was about $18 for a total cost of $40. I bought it a while ago, so prices have probably changed. 

Buying from ebay is risky because you will probably end up with a boot leg. Still, caution is needed on amazon japan. 

You could buy a japanese wii u for all three of the gba games, and some other fire emblems , but you would also need a japanese game pad. Buying a console , especially if it is used, is very risky, because consoles tend to have a much shorter lifetime than cartridges. I do not recommend this. The more moving parts a machine has, the more likely it will malfunction. 

The GBA games are great, so I wish you luck in finding them!