Fandom is just trash.

Fat_Jesuse

For those of you who don't know, Fandom/Fe wiki are kinda bad when is comes to character analysis, either being objectively wrong, or misinformed. Of course, most people should gravitate towards this website, but it doesn't change the fact that new plays might start there and get misinformed. I am currently trying to do a "Fandom fixup" plan for Fe1 in particular, having done Marth, Caeda, and Gordin already, with Marth's being uploaded. The reason why I chose fe1 in particular is due to some entries being empty entirely. Anybody else want to try fixing that absolute hell hole of a website? 

The most annoying part is how easy it is to edit. The analysis on fe1 Marth has been changed back to "crappy low mov lord who cant promote" twice within a week. Google doc storage is gonna be a nightmare.

25 minutes ago, Fat_Jesuse said:

Anybody else want to try fixing that absolute hell hole of a website? 

I'm kinda torn between occasionally contributing there or just silently laughing at some of the stuff that goes on Community Central.

The real problem is that Fandom, will continue to earn revenue regardless of whether the content is 'accurate' or not, so a lot of people don't see much point fixing the entries, as it will only make Fandom more money, and Fandom don't care because they still make money anyway. 

Other people don't see any reason to edit the Fandom wiki as the most important character info (base stats, growth rates, starting inventories, weapon ranks, classlines, support partners, skills, bloods/crests, etc.) is available and almost entirely accurate, while Chapter, map, class and item entries have almost no issues. 

If you really want to fix up the Fandom site you're probably better off looking on the reddit because of the higher traffic. 

Good luck anyways. 

You more or less have to just let Fandom go. Basically the one thing you could get away with editing without fear of an idiot 'refixing' is the Cipher section since it's now possible to have every character's card list completely up to date without fear of having to update for future releases(/sobs). If FE were as obscure as say Conception II or GoddessKiss you could get away with coming up with stuff and not having to worry about someone else screwing your edit over, but it's not.

My advice is work on the other wiki instead https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page its generally more accurate.

Honestly Fire Emblem Knowledge has always been scattered to the net, and while centralizing has its benefits, the differing perspective on how different sites displays and uses thier information making them specialized in different ways. For example the Serenes Forest main page is great for getting game wide information, like the AS formula, a list of recruitment requirements, item location lists etc. https://www.fireemblemwod.com/ has some of the best map data out there, with some additional info about reinforcements, side objectives (although my minimal Spanish keeps me from making much of an assessment on their strategy section), the Fandom wiki has some of the more comprehensive galleries of official art, the wiki I linked above has some fairly detailed information about maps, and works better as a wiki imo, there are even parts of these very forums that hide details like stats of enemies, or in depth looks at some mechanics, that are difficult to find elsewhere...

My advice is to read the Code of Conduct before making and/or replying to something that's clearly against it.