What was your first Fire Emblem game?

What was your first Fire Emblem game?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What was the first Fire Emblem you played?

• Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (Famicom)
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • The Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • The Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon (DS)
    • Heroes of Light and Shadow
    • Awakening
    • Fates - Birthright
    • Fates - Conquest
    • Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
    • Three Houses
    • Heroes

This is my first time posting a topic to this site, so hopefully I didn't mess anything up

I didn't see any topics about this, so I thought I'd make one. 

My first game was Birthright. I remember hearing about Fates through Corrin's smash reveal, and I thought I'd try the game out. I somehow never knew about Awakening, despite only having a 3DS at the time and being very into Nintendo. I remember downloading birthright and playing it the moment it unlocked at midnight, I played the game nonstop until I beat it. I loved everything about it. My favorite character was by far Azama. I loved how much of a jerk he was. Soon after I bought Conquest and Revelations, and my fate was sealed. I became a Fire Emblem fan! 

I'd love to hear about your stories with your first Fire Emblem!

Edited by Toastygamecube

Mine is pretty simple, I woke up one day and thought hey, you know that series that has all that representation in Smash but I know virtually nothing about? What if I played it? I did some digging and found out fe7, the blazing blade, had a very long tutorial for westerners unfamiliar with the type of game, which was a category I very much fit into. After some emulation magic I gave fe7 a whirl and looking back, I don’t remember actually enjoying it that much, but I did like it, and enjoyed it enough to want to try another game in the series. Three Houses specifically, because that was the most recently released one at the time (it still is now) and I was curious how the series could have evolved from the first one released in the west. So I got it and that truly was where I fell in love, I didn’t really have any expectations other than similar gameplay but I was not disappointed. After that I went on to play a bunch more, and here we are today.

I really like your username, btw.

Mine was Awakening. Like a lot of folks, I saw these characters from a series called Fire Emblem in Smash. I had a 3DS and wanted to play the game Chrom and Lucina came from, so Awakening ended up being my first FE game. I enjoyed it so much that I'd end up playing it multiple times in the following weeks. It's still my most played FE game even now and I love it especially because it was my first, but also because it's just a really fun game.

Blazing Sword! I remember playing Smash Bros Melee as a kid, and seeing Roy and thinking "this guy is AWESOME!" So when FE7 came to America, I bought it (or rather, had my parents buy it for me since I was in elementary school at the time and didn't have enough of an allowance), figuring it'd be Roy's story. The bait-and-switch worked, and I loved the game regardless, spending hours upon hours playing the routes over and over again. My friends and I had so many link-cable battles in the back of our moms' vans...good times...

Edited by Use the Falchion

Mine was Path of Radiance. I started with the best, then I played the rest.

I literally bought it because of the awesome box art. You're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but in this case, the contents were even better.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Path of Radiance. No Smash Bros connection for me, nor any particularly interesting story. I read a review in a magazine, thought it sounded decent, walked into town and bought a copy.

On 5/16/2021 at 11:56 AM, Maof06 said:

My first contact with the franchise was in 2010, when my father gifted me a Nintendo DS. I started messing around with the games that came on the R4, played I started to try the games that came on R4, and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon was one of them. I can't say that I liked the game (and that feeling hasn’t changed much), and I tossed it aside without going beyond chapter 2, eventually deleting the game from the SD to make room for more Pokémon games (oops).

My first Fire Emblem game was Super Smash Bros. Melee Path of Radiance. I first learned about the series through Super Smash Bros. Melee, though my siblings and I had no idea that the series existed outside Japan by that point because the trophies for Marth and Roy said, "Japan Only". We found out about the series being released outside of Japan when we saw Eliwood's game in this little booklet that was advertising a bunch of different GBA games, but we didn't buy it. Then my family and I saw Path of Radiance at the store, and we decided to try it.

It ended up becoming my favourite video game at the time, and it's still my favourite video game to this day.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Mine was Path of Radiance. I started with the best, then I played the rest.

Same, though I still have yet to play Eliwood's game, Sacred Stones, or any of the games that were Japan-only.

Started Sacred Stones back in 2019, enjoyed it, and have been a blight upon these forums ever since! As simple as it is, I really love it a lot.

Edited by Benice

I think I picked out Sacred Stones for my twelfth birthday in 2006 Choosing it over "Fire Emblem". A couple weeks later I ran back to that same store with birthday money and bought the other game. So I was playing both at the same time. At school I would have friends borrow the games so they could see how cool they are. Good times. Still have those cartridges too. As for why, well I was using the Trophy descriptions in Smash Bros melee as my own buyers guide. I kept hitting really great nintendo games. 

Edited by Glennstavos

Friend of mine had FE9, we were maybe 11 or 12. I prodded him into playing it whenever I was over. Being 11 or 12, we were terrible at it; actually had to do two runs, the finale felt like a failstate. Anyway, then I got my father to emulate FE8, then 7 for me. I joined the forums about when I started into 4.

Way back when, I saw a poster for Blazing Blade, thought Eliwood was cute, and bought the game.  I had weird priorities when I was younger.

The first ever Fire Emblem game I ever tried out was Blazing Sword, to test out the waters of the chess like gameplay.

The first ever Fire Emblem game I ever finished was Birthright.

Both games were played in the year of 2017, as per recommendation of an old friend.

Way back in 2006, I believe, I don't remember the exact year, I watched a friend play Path of Radiance when I visited him. And I told him "hey, this looks cool, can you let me play, too?", and he lent the game to me. Was hooked ever since. To the point where he went and gifted the thing to me (along with Radiant Dawn when that came out). Still have both copies, too.

Good times!

my first FE ever was Blazing Sword, and i can't deny that's also probably the reason why i like it a lot

My first Fire Emblem was Sacred Stones. My brother bought it and let me play it. I later bought a copy of FE7 to play. This was sometime in the early 2000s can't remember exactly when. After we got a Wii around 2009 we found Radiant Dawn and my brother bought that. It wasn't for a couple of years that I discovered that it was a sequel to a Gamecube game. I got lucky and found Path of Radiance for cheap at a second hand store. Unfortunately I had to go back to the store twice because the disc wouldn't work, but they buffed it and now it works fine. Sometime after that I picked up Shadow Dragon and have bought the rest on launch. 

Way back in 2007, my mom needed a new computer and took me with her  to the store where my bored self looked through the GBA game bin and found Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones.  I fell in love with the box art and talked my mom in to buying it for me and I have been a huge fan ever since.  I bought every FE game that came out in the west after that.

It's nice to see everyone's stories! Especially the familiar faces that have been on this site for a couple of years.

I got into this series around 2008-2010. I know two years is a big gap of time but I really don't remember when I got into this series. I was around 10-12 years old. I first played Radiant Dawn after renting it from Blockbuster. It caught my eye because I thought this is the series that Ike from Smash represents. And boy, was I ever confused at all of the Ike name dropping, absence of Marth, and other things. And I loved it. Blockbuster eventually goes out of business, so they start to sell their inventory. I bought Radiant Dawn right away, as I have been renting for some time then. Went back and played other titles a couple years later once I had a better grasp of the mechanics.

Awakening.

Heard about FE in a few places, I'm a big fan of strategy games.

Ended up getting Awakening on a whim due to seeing it in a game store while on vacation.

Ended up honestly not enjoying it for various reasons. (not a fan of the story/characters and I hit many FE starter pit-falls, like using my Jagen way too much to the point where it actually ended up meaning I had to wait to grind since my units were too low-levelled to tackle main chapters.)