What was your first Fire Emblem game?

What was your first Fire Emblem game?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What was the first Fire Emblem you played?

• Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (Famicom)
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • The Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • The Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon (DS)
    • Heroes of Light and Shadow
    • Awakening
    • Fates - Birthright
    • Fates - Conquest
    • Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
    • Three Houses
    • Heroes

I remember seeing The Blazing Blade in a catalog of GBA games, not to mention that bizarre commercial. We went to Gamestop and my sisters happened to pick that game out. Played it and enjoyed it a lot. Later we got Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn, and soon I was looking up the series' history such as the Japan-only games and representation in Smash. That's when I went full-on Emblemier and never looked back. I've got most of the games that have come out since, and all but two of the FE amiibo (which is incredibly lucky for me).

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Radiant Dawn...I do not suggest it as an entry point into the series XD

Poll request.

2 hours ago, Naoshi said:

I second poll request too.

My first one Blazing Sword fell in love with game back then.

Thanks for telling me! I added a poll to the topic now!

Like many others I was exposed to FE from SSB Melee as a kid, but It wasn't until High School where I fell in love with the series with an emulated version of Blazing Blade. (on a School Computer/Laptop.)

I started playing The Sacred Stones first since I did seen some used copies back at GameStop around in 2007. They did showed the copies from the Shelves were said Not for Resale. I did technically own two copies as of right now since I did have the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console version of The Sacred Stones as part of The Ambassador Program. I did beaten Eirika's Route in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console, but I don't think I had finished it on the GBA Cartilage version.

Edited by King Marth 64

Awakening back in 2014.
My brother randomly downoalded the demo on the eShop, and I fell in love with it. It was my first game outside of Pokémon, the only series I was playing at the time (In 2014 I was 11). I played the hella out of those two first chapters, I remember being even able to complete them in Lunatic/Classic.
So at Christmas 2014 me and my brother went to buy the game, and I remember it was really hard to find it: we visited, like, 6 or 7 shops before being able to buy it.
So I started playing the game around the 24th of December 2014, and damn I loved it! Even if, nowadays, Fire Emblem isn't my favourite series and I can find many flaws in Awakening, it has a special place in my heart. Thanks to this series I started to play many other series outside of Pokémon, and nowadays I love many different genres and games I would have probably never touched if it wasn't for that demo.

Spoiler

But really tho, I'm re-playing Awakening in this period... and it kinda sucks, both in gameplay, story and design. But I still love it.

Edited by Francis

Awakening for me as well, still love that game though my tastes have changed a lot over the years when it comes to fire emblem.

Personally I feel Three Houses is the best combination of new vs. old mechanics and series direction.

Short answer: Conquest.

Long answer: I played a couple of chapters of Sacred Stones about eight years ago. I then got a New 3DS along with the special version of Fates in 2017. Since everyone else said so, I tried Birthright first, but got bored after some chapters. I then played Conquest and never looked back. I have completed over twenty campaigns, and always start a new campaign along with any other game that I am currently playing. I love its puzzles.
Fortunately, in Conquest I found a game that I enjoy. Unfortunately, no other Fire Emblem game that I have tried does the same.

actually a difficult question for me. i know its the GBA FE, but cant remember which one between Sacred Stone or Binding Blade (it was translated as sword of seal/the sealed sword back when i play it). I was still an elementary schoolkid in 2004-2005, and when i see how FE play, i was "getting" all 3 of it before deciding which to play to finish first.

maybe Binding blade since the furthest memory i can recall was asking my friend whats the differences between "sword of seals" and "sealed sword" 🤔. Definitely not blazing blade tho, since i hated Lyn mode

Edited by joevar

Three Houses.  I was having a conversation with a newer friend and I was explaining how much I used to love Advance Wars when I was younger.  I was complaining about how there hadn't been any new games in forever and he explained that the same people made Fire Emblem.  I bought Three Houses when it came out later that year and fell in love.  I have since gone back to play almost all of the older games and have been kicking myself about missing out on these for so long. 🙂

My first FE was Awakening, I seen a review of it in a Nintendo magazine (I remember it describing Donnell as like Gyarados) and I liked the graphics, so I bought it. Then after that I think it was Shadow Dragon, FE7, then Radiant Dawn. 

FE7 was the first Fire Emblem game I tried because of Advance Wars. There is so much style and charm in AW that I couldn't help but look into their other games, and that's how I discovered FE. I never beat FE7 back then(did not appeal to me), but I will sometime in the future.

Sacred Stones.

I fell in love with strategy RPGs after Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and looked for similar games. 
After picking up Advance Wars it was a straight road to Fire Emblem. Around 2006-2007 Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance were the ones most easily available but since I didn't have a Gamecube I started with SS.

One day I opened the app store and saw a brand new game called fire emblem heroes at the beginning of February 2017. Looked interesting so I downloaded it and was surprised by the amount of characters and was wondering where they all came from and why characters from a mobile game had so elaborate backstories. I looked up the series and there you go. I played FE7 then because everyone was recommending it however I couldn't beat it but I was already sold in the series and decided to buy Echoes and I LOVED it. Played first casual normal to get some experience and the classic. Afterwards I beat the GBA ones and geneology (one of my favourites). However, 3H holds a special place in my heart because it was the first game I was around during it's release and lived the hype. Playing Fates for the 1st time now and waiting for FE17.

Like some of us here, Awakening back in 2013 not long after it came out. It was also the game that not only introduced me to strategy RPGs but RPGs in general as it was my first experience with the genre.

Played through it, enjoyed it a lot. Ended up doing multiple playthroughs afterwards. Since then, I played some of the other games in the series with The Sacred Stones being my overall favorite game.

While it's not my favorite video game series (not even in my top 5 actually), the Fire Emblem games will always have a place in my memories.

At first I wasn't interested in Fire Emblem, but one day it caught my eye so I decided to play Awakening, back in 2019 and I ended up loving it, then, Fire Emblem quickly became one of my favorite series.

Binding Blade, when it first came out on the GBA in 2001-2 ish? This was when Roy and Marth came out on Smash in Japan. Ironically, it has to be the most difficult entry I played. It's even more so than Fates Conquest.

Edited by henrymidfields

• 2 weeks later...

Conquest was the first game for me.

While the story was bad, the gameplay was one of the best I ever experienced. The maps were expertly crafted and the objectives kept me at the edge of the seat. I remembered screaming in joy as Hoshido archer missed Beruka and as Xander slayed another ninja. It got me into the series.

7aRnkzW.jpg