Is Geitz worth it?

Dr. C

I’ve been making (And deleting) several Hector Hard Mode S Rank attempts and one thing I’ve noticed in my attempts is that the sum of my levels are nowhere near the sum of 50 by the time I reach the desert chapter.

Lots of forums I’ve read on HHM S Rank swear by Geitz and say he’s a solid prepromote you should get but with how much less experience you get per kill and the like, combined with how difficult Eliwood and Lyn are to train as it is, I’m beginning to wonder if Lloyd’s map and Wallace would be so bad?

So my question is, is Geitz worth the effort in a ranked run?

Are you playing Lyn mode first? That makes raising Lyn much, much easier. Then it's just a matter of getting Eliwood up.

Geitz is absolutely a solid unit and his map also gives you 11 more turns to work with, but it's not strictly necessary to go there. And honestly, if you have trouble getting to Linus' FFO, you might not be ready to S rank HHM to begin with.

15 minutes ago, Florete said:

Are you playing Lyn mode first? That makes raising Lyn much, much easier. Then it's just a matter of getting Eliwood up.

Geitz is absolutely a solid unit and his map also gives you 11 more turns to work with, but it's not strictly necessary to go there. And honestly, if you have trouble getting to Linus' FFO, you might not be ready to S rank HHM to begin with.

I’ve never actually finished HHM before but the concept of S Ranking simply intrigued me.

But to answer your question, I’ve done attempts where I’ve trained Lyn up as far as Level 9 and is RNG blessed (May have manipulated her to get strength on each level up so she has a whopping 12 strength going into HHM.)

Ive done attempts skipping Lyn Mode and I’ve done attempts on roms with average stats patches.

Furthest I’ve gotten on Hard Mode is the desert chapter (Getting all the treasure and Genesis is a headache I get frustrated with.)

You should really focus on just clearing HHM normally first. Ranks require a kind of precision that having experience and knowledge of the mode is practically a necessity for. I'd played through HHM at least 5 times before attempting an S rank, and even then I cut it close.

You can play with general ranking goals in mind (not wasting turns, saving expensive items, etc.) if you want, but don't expect to finish perfectly and don't let it get in the way of getting to the end.

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

You should really focus on just clearing HHM normally first. Ranks require a kind of precision that having experience and knowledge of the mode is practically a necessity for. I'd played through HHM at least 5 times before attempting an S rank, and even then I cut it close.

You can play with general ranking goals in mind (not wasting turns, saving expensive items, etc.) if you want, but don't expect to finish perfectly and don't let it get in the way of getting to the end.

If I take it one chapter at a time and I post some help threads when I need it I think I can manage.

Problem is that desert chapter (Thief needed to steal white gem and Guiding ring AND unearth desert treasure with a turn count requirement that seems a touch unrealistic... yikes!)

38 minutes ago, Dr. C said:

If I take it one chapter at a time and I post some help threads when I need it I think I can manage.

Problem is that desert chapter (Thief needed to steal white gem and Guiding ring AND unearth desert treasure with a turn count requirement that seems a touch unrealistic... yikes!)

You don't need to hit the individual chapter turn requirements. It's okay to take a few extra turns there, just save them elsewhere.