Which route should I do for my next playthrough?

Decide my next three houses playthrough route  

11 members have voted

1. 1. I wanna play three houses again, but idk what route I wanna do. please help.

• Blue Lions
    • Golden Deer
    • Silver Snow Cones
    • Crimson Flower

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/26/2021 at 07:34 PM

I haven't played Three Houses in a WHILE. I got so burnt out on it that I haven't touched it since last summer. But i've been in the mood to play it again, so tell me what route I should do (for clarity, I've done them all)

Which route/lord was your favorite when you last played? I'd suggest replaying whichever one's story you enjoyed the most.

Difficulty can be lowered at no cost, so if you start playing on Hard and realize you've gotten a bit rusty, you can just bump down to Normal if you feel like you need to.

2 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

Which route/lord was your favorite when you last played? I'd suggest replaying whichever one's story you enjoyed the most.

Difficulty can be lowered at no cost, so if you start playing on Hard and realize you've gotten a bit rusty, you can just bump down to Normal if you feel like you need to.

I second this as well. Sometimes it's okay to play on normal again incase you'd rather just enjoy whichever route's story.

2 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

my favorite lord was definitely Dimitri, but I already went through Blue Lions twice

23 minutes ago, Toastygamecube said:

im thinking of doing Newgame+ hard mode because I wanna have breathing room to do weird stuff with classes

I would consider "What weird builds do I want to go for?". Like, if you want to make Warlock Edelgard, then that's only an option in Crimson Flower. If, on the other hand, you're planning on Great Knight Seteth, then that's available on all routes except Crimson Flower. Do any weird builds, that would be route-limited, spring to mind?

14 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I would consider "What weird builds do I want to go for?". Like, if you want to make Warlock Edelgard, then that's only an option in Crimson Flower. If, on the other hand, you're planning on Great Knight Seteth, then that's available on all routes except Crimson Flower. Do any weird builds, that would be route-limited, spring to mind?

mage hilda and dedue sound fun. I dont really have an idea for Hubert or Edelgard tbh. maybe I could make Hubert a fortress knight?

3 hours ago, Toastygamecube said:

im thinking of doing Newgame+ hard mode because I wanna have breathing room to do weird stuff with classes

Weird stuff, you say?  I'm getting ideas!  Like armors with bows and whatnot.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Weird stuff, you say?  I'm getting ideas!  Like armors with bows and whatnot.

oooh, I loved armored bows from the DS games! I think in my first playthrough I made cyril an armored bow unit, but I feel like armored bow Claude would be pretty awesome. War master or Fortress Knight Linhardt sounds pretty funny to me.

Just now, Toastygamecube said:

oooh, I loved armored bows from the DS games! I think in my first playthrough I made cyril an armored bow unit, but I feel like armored bow Claude would be pretty awesome. War master or Fortress Knight Linhardt sounds pretty funny to me.

Armored.  Ignatz.  He isn't going to zip around, but he'll probably lay the smack down on whoever's close by.  Plus he can take advantage of Close Counter.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Armored.  Ignatz.  He isn't going to zip around, but he'll probably lay the smack down on whoever's close by.  Plus he can take advantage of Close Counter.

I remember making Ignatz a swordmaster and with the Wo Dao he would just not stop getting crits, so with the killer bow I'd imagine he'd be doing much the same.

I wonder how Dimitri would fare as a mage? He's so broken as a physical unit maybe magic is the only way his godlike powers can be controlled.

2 minutes ago, Toastygamecube said:

I remember making Ignatz a swordmaster and with the Wo Dao he would just not stop getting crits, so with the killer bow I'd imagine he'd be doing much the same.

I wonder how Dimitri would fare as a mage? He's so broken as a physical unit maybe magic is the only way his godlike powers can be controlled.

Dimitri's Reason spell list stops at Thoron.  He gets Aura on the Faith side, but that's about it.  I think he wants to be a Holy Knight if you go that way?  Male magic classes make me sad.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Dimitri's Reason spell list stops at Thoron.  He gets Aura on the Faith side, but that's about it.  I think he wants to be a Holy Knight if you go that way?  Male magic classes make me sad.

I wish there was some newgame+ item that lets you use magic in nonmagic classes. Everyone would be an armored mage, then...

Holy knight Dimitri sounds perfect, so I think i'll do that for him. If only there was some kind of male gremory in the game.

Dark mage raphael is one big one I wanna try. Either that or regular mage raph. Either way its a very uphill battle. Same for Dedue.

5 hours ago, Toastygamecube said:

Dark mage raphael is one big one I wanna try. Either that or regular mage raph. Either way its a very uphill battle.

I've done Raphael as a Dark Mage and it wasn't pretty. He wasn't very good and I didn't find him very fun to use either. However, the big plus was unlocking lifetaker for him to use in future runs of NG+ where he's back in martial classes. I've had fun with that.

As far as other stuff you might try, if you've never done it before then you should definitely try Wyvern Annette, especially if you're doing Blue Lions and have access to Crusher. I also enjoy Fortress Knight Flayn (high def from being a fortress knight, high res and cha from being Flayn; give her a bolt axe) and War Cleric Catherine (her magic is poop, but I wanted her to be able to punch things).

I'm not sure I'd necessarily call it a "weird" build, but since you're on NG+ (so Dimitri's five-chapter emo phase won't set him back as much), you could try fighting Dimitri's axe bane and making him a Wyvern Lord. It's a bit of a longer road for him since you need to get his axes to at least B+, but the end result is hilariously busted, especially if you have the dlc to give him the Chalice of Beginnings.

If you're looking for a way to make Dimitri less broken, though, I think you're right about mage classes being the only option. Dimitri's gonna slay even in the worst physical classes because he's just that damn strong. His mag growth and spell list are pretty much the only meh things about him (unless you count his dlc haircut), so if you're looking for a nerf I'd say Dark Knight's your best bet. High mov, Canto, Black Tomefaire and he can still use his lances if you need him to.

I actually think Maddening lets you do more crazy things than people expect. I have a more meme playthrough and have made Wyvern Lord Lysethia, Mage Edelgard, Armored Ingrid (I know its still a physical class but she is traditionally used as flying unit and armor is probably the polar opposite of that) ect. Lysethia preformed a lot better than I thought she would in physical classes on maddening even without combat arts aka when she is being attacked.

That being said if you don't want to play maddening you don't have to. Just think there is room to do meme builds on maddening.

47 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I actually think Maddening lets you do more crazy things than people expect. I have a more meme playthrough and have made Wyvern Lord Lysethia, Mage Edelgard, Armored Ingrid (I know its still a physical class but she is traditionally used as flying unit and armor is probably the polar opposite of that) ect. Lysethia preformed a lot better than I thought she would in physical classes on maddening even without combat arts aka when she is being attacked.

That being said if you don't want to play maddening you don't have to. Just think there is room to do meme builds on maddening.

I’m already doing Wyvern Lord Annette and Mortal Savant Yuri because I wanted to try something a little different. WL Annette is to be somewhat expected since axefaire and bolt axe with fiendish blow allows her to achieve scary damage against low res low - mod HP units. Yuri as a MS does make him slower but his 65% innate speed growth makes this less of a problem. Plus Excalibur gives him an option against fliers. Not his best option by any means but I wanted to give his spell list a try. Plus he gets Recover which gets slept on at times.