Sonic Central 30th Anniversary Stream, Thoughts?

What Sonic game/announcement are you most hyped about?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. (Doesn't include additions to existing games)

• Sonic 30th Anniversary Music Concert
    • Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games
    • Sonic Colors Ultimate
    • Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps
    • Sonic Origins
    • New unnamed Sonic game

You may not have known unless you skimmed through my old posts, but I am a big Sonic fan. Not one of the obnoxious ones, I promise.

Admittedly this... Sonic Direct, as it were, was average for me. But there were things to be excited about. As I favor the classic series, I am most hyped for Sonic Origins, for 3 reasons.

1. The statement of "updated features" may mean we're finally getting Taxman's mobile ports of Sonic 1 and 2 on console.
  2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is finally getting a re-release after roughly a decade. I'm curious to see if MJ's tracks get replaced with remastered prototype/PC music.
  3. Sonic CD--one of my favorite games of all time--comes to current gen systems (previously only being playable via backwards compatibilty [Xbox One -> 360] or by streaming/PS Now [PS4 -> PS3]); and assuming this comes to Switch, this makes it the first time CD's been available on a Nintendo platform since Sonic Gems Collection on the freaking Gamecube!

What piece of Sonic news are you most hyped about?

10:48 is hilarious to me. Y'know, for that authentic, 'urban' flavor.

The Sonic Colors reveal had a strange choice for music. I don't even recognize that track. And Sonic Colors probably has the most solid soundtrack of any Sonic game (outside of Generations, which is just remixing the hits), so there was a lot of better stuff they could have chose. Sonic Origins could have used some elaboration. These games have been made available on pretty much every platform for the last fifteen years, and for very cheap price points, so there needs to be some incentive to choose this next release. If anything, it's the 3D sonic games that may be overdue for some porting. 

The only thing that I thought looked neat was the cartoon. It has Metal Sonic. I like that. I'm disappointed in no Mania 2. And the new teaser doesn't tell us anything in particular about the game. Just that sonic has this weird digitized glow, maybe implying that the game takes place in a virtual world.

Edited by Glennstavos

I tend to hate trailers that tell you nothing about a game except that it exist in some form. The trailer for that new Sonic game really didn't tell us anything. 

Sonic Colors was nice, and the cartoon attached to it seems cute enough. I missed Sonic Colors back in the day so it seems worth checking out.