• Corrin: Child of Dusk
    • Larcei: Keen Kin
    • Ronan: Villager of Iz
    • Ylgr: Fresh Snowfall
    • Ewan: Eager Student
    • Mercedes: Kindly Devotee
    • Klein: Silver Nibleman

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2021 at 02:59 AM

Since it’s highly likely that this could be Klein’s only shot at a VG, I have to go with him.

Too bad he’s probably losing immediately since he got paired with the female from Three Houses instead of Ewan, Ylgr or Ronan.

Edited by Tybrosion

I'll probably go with Ylgr. While I have Larcei and like her a lot, Ylgr has been with me on this game for quite a while and was a pretty important part of Eirika's buffing squad ('till Peony was released). 

So, analyzing the character picks for this theme...I'm somewhat confused. Mercedes seems to have an association with her mother, but I don't know how strong the bond actually is. Klein I don't know so well... Does he have a particularly close bond with his mom? They're both archers, but I haven't seen anything else really pointing to it... Ewan is just confusing here. He has a strong bond with his sister, but I thought his mom abandoned them or died something before he could get to know her. Ylgr doesn't have a particular bond with her mom. Seems more like a normal mother-daughter relationship. Blue bow dude makes perfect sense here, since he seems to talk about his mom a lot. I guess Larcei makes sense since all the kid characters in FE4 seem to have a bond with their moms. And then there are the Corrins. They certainly have kind of a weird relationship with their mom, but they only really knew her for a short amount of time, so the relationship was probably idealized in their heads, leading to that "closeness" they have with her. I don't know how to categorize that.

Anyway, it seems like there may have been better choices for this theme out there. Also, mother characters aren't developed enough as a general rule in the series. Sad. I'd have rather seen the moms going at it, honestly. But at least this theme points to (maybe) Henriette getting a neat role in the upcoming chapter.

As for who I'm picking... Hm. I like Ylgr fine, and Ewan's a cutie, but... Hmm I think I'll support Fallen M!Corrin. After trying to get him for so long, I finally managed to do so on this banner (actually, I got 2 of him!) Plus, I love fallen heroes.

Edit: I did wind up choosing Fallen M!Corrin, but it looks like he won't be making it into the next round (unsurprisingly.) I guess my next pick will be either Ylgr or Ewan -- whichever wins.

Edited by Mercakete

...why the fuk is nearly every random support unit I get either Colorless or Hegemon? I'm playing on LegFemCorrin's side, this does not ever happen.

...what the fuk. I should not have to reset for a freaking Red unit to appear.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

...why the fuk is nearly every random support unit I get either Colorless or Hegemon?

Your answer is right there.

Screw the crests, Edelgard is always the one to blame regardless of the situation.

Looks like I'm joining Ylgr. She's okay, but she's my least favorite of the Nifl siblings.

6 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Perhaps it has been mentioned somewhere but can anyone explain the theme of this voting gauntlet to me?

They're supposedly characters who have strong bonds with their mothers.

5 hours ago, Mercakete said:

They're supposedly characters who have strong bonds with their mothers.

What. They couldn't do better than Ylgr or Mercedes? There's a Nifl mom? Don't recall anything for Ronan or Ewan either.  So many children have established relationships with known mothers in the series so why choose those characters?

Did Larcei even know her mother? 

Yglr mentioned she loved her mother and was sad because she was murder by sutr iirc
Mercedes also love her mother despise relationship with her step father or something about crests thing. (Dont recall very well)
Ewan was abandoned by his mother and Tethys was basically her mother.
I heard Rowan had to against to his mother wishes to join Leif group. (I havent played Tharcia so, it's info from what I heard)

The theme basically has to do something about their mother has/had an impact for their journey/life.

Edited by Naoshi

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Did Larcei even know her mother? 

My apologies for the antiquated fan-names:

Skasaher:
“Prince Shanan tells me you’ve got an iron will just like our mother did.”

Lakche:
“Ira… Yeah, I have no memories of her whatsoever. How about you, Skasaher?”

Skasaher:
“Of course I don’t remember anything! You forget we’re twins or something? We weren’t even two years old yet at the time. We fled to Isaac with Oifey. But she never showed up. Maybe she didn’t survive the Battle of Barhara after all…”

Lakche:
“Skasaher! You promised you’d never say that! She is alive!! Don’t you ever let me catch you saying that again!”

Skasaher:
“…I’m sorry, Lakche. Yeah, I shouldn’t have said that.”

Well cool that Corrin won. Sucks that I couldn't cash in the on the last hour multiplier, because I was napping. I guess I could be in the top 100 next round., but my cumulative score won't be as good.