Mythic Hero: Ashera - Order Goddess

Jave

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I'm reading her weapon "Oh cool she has a blade tome and can circumvent panic by leaching off of her allies", then she literally has Null Panic lol.

Edited by LoneStar

She's finally in! One of the characters I'd been looking forward too most, even though I certainly didn't expect her here. Great art, and that animation is wild. Interesting weapon and C skill, too.

Surprised that we're getting another Astra party mythic before Dark. Guess that'll be Nott next month? Sounds scary on defense. Nice that she'll be available as a spark, but that also means she'll be everywhere.

And this means we now have all mythic stat boosts covered! Astra/Res was the last missing one.

I'm really glad I was already planning on pulling on colorless.

The only thing that surprised me is that she's not an armor. Ashera just screams "armor" to me, since she's literally immobile in her own game. Infantry's still fine, at least she's not flying.

Oh dear, she is literally smiting her enemies. Not many other gods who literally smite their enemies like she is.

As a unit... hm, buffing her own damage by Bladetoming from the nearest ally with the highest total bonuses can be pretty frightening, especially if it's someone like Fae who gives a flat 20 total buffs. She is clearly gonna have high Atk and Res, though Lull Spd/Res means she'll also have good Spd. And Null Panic? Oh dear, now there's a counter to a counter... when will we be getting Null Null? Nullifying the effects of Null skills and effects...

The banner itself, Colorless is the best without question. Feels like Red isn't that amazing if you don't need the units featured, while Blue is kinda eh for me personally. Green looks good.

Just now, Glennstavos said:

She should have a skill where only Ike can deal the finishing blow.

The goddesses whims mean nothing in a world where two different gods from two different WORLDS, and sometimes even the same world, are bunking with each other.

Colorless Blade mage! She feels a bit dated though, and the Res boost is not exactly helping her case.

Until they release Vantage as a Sacred Seal, Counter-Vantage does not feel very good nor easy to use right now.

While the Res boost is kind of nice, I think it would have been much better on a support unit like Eir. As a combat unit, I think it would have been better if she boosted Atk or Spd.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

While the Res boost is kind of nice, I think it would have been much better on a support unit like Eir. As a combat unit, I think it would have been better if she boosted Atk or Spd.

She does have Lull Spd/Res and boosts Spd when her weapon effect is triggered, so she clearly is gonna have at least SOME Spd worth speaking of. It might not be one of her highest focus stats like Atk or Res will be, but one might be able to build it up to a level where it can be taken advantage of.

...though to be honest, I don't know why you would also want a totally new unit to conform to builds that have existed (and been outclasses) for years...

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Which one?  😜

Man, these heroes.

Red - Two out of three ain't bad?  Roy's the repeat, and I don't think he minds merges!
Blue - I'm iffy on two dancers, but I'm missing Ronan.
Green - Dedue is in dire need of a merge, and I'm missing the other two.  Honestly not a bad color for me to pull on.
Colorless - Ashera is Ashera (who is apparently the goddess of "hello can I take your order?"), Corrin is new, and then there's Claude.  I guess he's a merge?

I think the priority here is green > colorless = red > blue

Ashera's animation is pretty cool, I like that satellite-like beam. 

As a unit she's pretty awesome for my playstyle. Her prf is kinda like Eirika's Sieglinde, she takes the buffs from her allies and coverts them into Atk ala Bladetome. Null Panic makes Thrasir a non threat (sorta, she'll still get the Desperation efect and the extra stats from Killing Intent but she won't do as much damage) and also makes Panic Manor meaningless, which is pretty cool. I'd say that to make the most out of her you'd need to change the Lull for WoM so she can teleport into the fray, and then change the Ideal for something more consistent like Fury 4, Mirror/Sturdy Impact, etc. I really like her synergy with Eirika and Kaden, she covers for the Lull weakness and basically make Panic a non factor. I'm gonna try to get one copy of her. 

Oh yeah, rating the colors in general I'd say: Colorless>Green>=Blue (you may add some >> if you already have both Peony and L!Azura)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Red. 

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Which one?  😜

Any of them. I mean come on this is a game about getting new units that hard counter other, powerful units right? Telling the player "hey you need Ike otherwise you can't win" isn't too far from the reality of Heroes PvP.

None of my armor slaying units can win against this new Edelgard. I would have expected this new unit to have "effective against beasts" on her weapon, coming out right at this time.

Yeah, that colorless lineup is too stacked (I lack both Corrin and Claude) to not pull here and it's also Ashera at long last. Green will also be great for me as I have none of the three there either (and I need Dedue to achieve complete Blue Lions %).

That's also decidedly Panne's English VA for Ashera, and we've noticeably gone without any seasonal beast units since New Year's. ....Or, it could instead just mean Cornelia will be the next Three Houses GHB unit, I suppose.

Be sure to savor this while you can everyone, because there's a good chance this will be the last non-FEH Mythic of the year if IS bothers to add Freyr.

When I watched that Ashera trailer, I'm kinda surprised that they managed to add some unique attack animations for Ashera with showing the sky with the Order's Sentence coming down. I'm kinda wondered if the lower Mage tomes would remain the same without that Sky Animation on Ashera's attack animations when deselecting Order's Sentence?

Just now, Glennstavos said:

Any of them. I mean come on this is a game about getting new units that hard counter other, powerful units right? Telling the player "hey you need Ike otherwise you can't win" isn't too far from the reality of Heroes PvP.

None of my armor slaying units can win against this new Edelgard. I would have expected this new unit to have "effective against beasts" on her weapon, coming out right at this time.

What makes you think beast slayers would beat her? My Brave Eliwood can't kill and gets one-shot on the counter.

Man, mommy is stacking that Atk and Res. She probably also has good Spd judging from the Lull in her base kit.

She looked like a generic nukemage until I read her PRF Skill -- Null Panic is really good for the mode she's designed for, and even outside of AR it's a very easy Atk/Res+6 for everyone. If someone is also applying easy Spd/Def buffs, Ashera can have her maximum Atk at all times just by staying near her allies.

6 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

What makes you think beast slayers would beat her? My Brave Eliwood can't kill and gets one-shot on the counter.

Hey I'm also open to suggestions. What's the meta on how to beat her? For the Lunatic quests, the only time I succeeded was with Halloween Hector, using his Duo skill to chip half her health off for the finishing blow.

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hey I'm also open to suggestions. What's the meta on how to beat her? For the Lunatic quests, the only time I succeeded was with Halloween Hector, using his Duo skill to chip half her health off for the finishing blow.

I just spam NFU+Windsweep until she eventually keels over.

46 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

To be most properly thematic, it would be only Ragnell. So base Ike, Legendary Ike, Fallen Ike, and both Altinas.

13 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Enemy Phase'ing her with Petrine + Quick Riposte can kill her with base kit. I'm also partial to Sacred Stones Selena with windsweep.

Might be the first time i pull on a Mythic/Legendary banner in a good 6 months. : o   Ashera is the only other one than Lehran I'm genuinely into as a character, and I rather like Claude too. 

4 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

I'm also partial to Sacred Stones Selena with windsweep.

She's my go to too, then Kid Caeda nukes her with effective damage.

I saw mention of outdated builds, and Ashera also circumvents the issue modern bladetomes have which are lull skills. So she uses her allies' buffs, and there is no Brami in Astra/Anima season.