Mythic Hero: Ashera - Order Goddess

Jave

27 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yune's other half is finally in the game. Colorless is definitely stacked. Gotta spend at least a couple of orbs there, right? Priority for me is Colorless > Green/Red > Blue.

I'm kinda curious on wondering how Yune's and Ashera's combined form, Ashunera will be handled in Fire Emblem Heroes incase if Intelligent Systems adds her later? I'm wondered if Ashunera would be Blue due to Yune was Green and Ashera is now part of Colorless?

I'm definitely might try to summon Ashera for the 20 Orbs in the first role.

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her art makes her looks like floating flier honestly, but 3 out of 4 astra mythic right now are fliers so it's probably for gameplay balance reason. Don't care for Ashera personally but that tome animation is really cool. I only want Corrin and Claude for collection purpose so maybe will do one round (if I still have orbs that is).

Her C skill says panic status is still registered on allies but the effect will be nullified. Is there any shenanigans that can work with that or the opposite of the definition because I don't see why they need to make it so specific and increase the word counts in skill box.

i have no idea who that is. In any case Aversa is dead in Astra season as a Defense unit. And super tanking just got moreveffectiv with non removable visible buffs.

I guess this will enforce cav lines or bring back that Dagger that works on enemy visible buffs

Tellius bias says I might actually try spending a bit on this banner. We'll see.

3 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Her C skill says panic status is still registered on allies but the effect will be nullified. Is there any shenanigans that can work with that or the opposite of the definition because I don't see why they need to make it so specific and increase the word counts in skill box.

Any skill that has the condition "if [Penalty] is active on foe" will still work against the affected unit, and "if [Penalty] is active on unit" will still work for the affected unit.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

And super tanking just got moreveffectiv with non removable visible buffs.

Lull and Dull skills still exist.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

She does have Lull Spd/Res and boosts Spd when her weapon effect is triggered, so she clearly is gonna have at least SOME Spd worth speaking of. It might not be one of her highest focus stats like Atk or Res will be, but one might be able to build it up to a level where it can be taken advantage of.

...though to be honest, I don't know why you would also want a totally new unit to conform to builds that have existed (and been outclasses) for years...

I am not talking about boosting her own Spd. I want her to boost her Mythic Blessed allies' Spd. There is not much point in boosting a nuke's Res.

Null Panic feels a bit weak as an effect, and as a primarily combat unit, she does not have much synergy with super tanks either. If she has a support Weapon instead, granting Null Follow-Up to allies or healing or something, then that would go a lot better with boosting Res.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

i have no idea who that is. In any case Aversa is dead in Astra season as a Defense unit. And super tanking just got moreveffectiv with non removable visible buffs.

I guess this will enforce cav lines or bring back that Dagger that works on enemy visible buffs

Aversa is not viable on defense for quite a long time now. Player phase teams simply do not care about Panic since Tactics exist and Dance/Sing can get rid of it. Super tank teams actively avoid bonus buffs, switched to Drives pretty early on, and position themselves in loose formation, so Aversa still would not be very viable anyways.

For super tanks that do use bonus buffs like Nowi or Ike: Zeal Unleashed, they do not care about Panic, so Aversa's presence does not really do anything.

It's nice that Ashera is finally in. I'd like to get her but I'll probably just continue to save orbs, I wish the spark system was in the 8% banners.

I didn't expect her to be an infantry unit, though I suppose they have consider people will use her on AR Offense so an armour would be a little clunky. Not bad movement for someone with an in game weight of 87.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I am not talking about boosting her own Spd. I want her to boost her Mythic Blessed allies' Spd. There is not much point in boosting a nuke's Res.

Null Panic feels a bit weak as an effect, and as a primarily combat unit, she does not have much synergy with super tanks either. If she has a support Weapon instead, granting Null Follow-Up to allies or healing or something, then that would go a lot better with boosting Res.

Ah my bad.

...though I would argue that it'd be kinda redundant when Plumeria already boosts Spd and is the exact kind of support unit that a nuke would appreciate. No Raiding Party bonus, but Reginn provides such for Astra already along with being free.

Null Panic itself would be a weak effect, but it becomes stronger the more one relies on Field buffs, and Panic is one of the most common penalties in Aether Raids as-is, stat penalties aside. Though honestly I would think a Bonus version of Null C-Disrupt would be more appreciated with the Res boost, especially with the addition of child L'arachel unconditional Dazzling debuff.

As Tellius fan, I'm really happy to see her and I was waiting for her. For certain I will try to pull her. And for rest of banner, this will be my third time trying to get Triandra, hopefully she gets home.

prediction.png
So I pretty much predicted it and I'm pretty sure we will getting Blue Legendary(Water) + Nott(dark) next month, Freyr on July probably as Light and I'm 50% sure Fafnir on September.

Edited by Naoshi

31 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

As Tellius fan, I'm really happy to see her and I was waiting for her. For certain I will try to pull her. And for rest of banner, this will be my third time trying to get Triandra, hopefully she gets home.

prediction.png
So I pretty much predicted it and I'm pretty sure we will getting Blue Legendary(Water) + Nott(dark) next month, Freyr on July probably as Light and I'm 50% sure Fafnir on September.

I don't think Freyr will be Light, it'd be a bit odd to have him color share with Freyja. It's possible, but with Ashera and Nott taking Astra and Dark, I'm guessing if he's in July, he'll be Anima.

I think June is more likely green, especially with July most likely being blue. That could set up for either Fafnir or Otr in September. (Story-wise, I feel like Otr is likely to be first.)

Meanwhile, August will probably bring back Ashera alongside a new colorless unit. Staff Micaiah, maybe?

ASHERA!! Finally she is in the game! I have been waiting for her for a while (only Anankos now remains). Her art is amazing and the animation is crazy!! As a unit she seems okeyish I guess? Don't do AR anymore so I simply view her on her Abyssal utility and and how fun/easy to use she is. If she has a good Spd something her B slot betrays I guess she can be a good for more than one shooting, Mystic boost seal will be gorgeous on her. That C slot looks fun. Edelgards always want more Atk and Res so the bonus is appreciated and making it panic proof is a really nice bonus (though panic is one the least dangerous debuffs right now I feel, especially with schools and shrines being so powerful right now). 

I have 62 orbs right now as I have been skipping arena and some other things because boredom, if I grind these then I will have way more however I don't want to get involved in myhtic gacha hell. Want to keep my orbs to spark in the midpoint banner (hopefully Notte). Should I try my luck on colourless for any of these 3 (want all 3 grays) or save simply and skip? 

Spoiler

Ashera: Order Goddess

• Infantry Colorless Tome. Astra Mythic.
  • Ally Boost: HP+5 Res+5
  • Stats: Level 1: 15/13/9/5/7. Level 40: 37/35/39/15/40.
  • BST: 166
  • Superboons: Spd, Def. Superbanes: HP, Atk, Res.
  • Skills: Order's Sentence (5★); Glacies (4★); Atk/Res Ideal 4 (5★); Lull Spd/Res 3 (4★); Order's Restraint (5★).

Ashera stats.

More translation notes, I suppose.

Unlike in English, Ashera's title is not an exact parallel to Yune's. In English, Ashera is "Order Goddess" and Yune is "Chaos Goddess". In Japanese, Ashera is "目覚めし正の女神" (mezameshi sei no megami), "Awakened Goddess of Order", whereas Yune is just "負の女神" (fu no megami), "Goddess of Chaos".

Order's Sentence is "正の裁き" (sei no sabaki), "Judgment of Order". This is a reference to her weapon's name in Radiant Dawn, "裁き" (sabaki), "Judgment". Compare with Yune's Chaos Manifest, which is "負の力" (fu no chikara), "Power of Chaos".

Order's Restraint in Japanese is the first three items she lists among the things she represents: "束縛、秩序、安定" (sokubaku, chitsujo, antei), "Restraint, Order, Stability". Contrast with Yune's Chaos Named, which is "我が名は混沌" (wa ga na wa konton), "My name is Chaos".

As I explained back with Yune's release, "order" and "chaos" are loose translations as in Japanese; they more literally translate as "positive" and "negative", hence why "order" and "chaos" appear within the list of things the two represent. Both of their lines are as follows:

私は束縛。私は秩序。私は安定。私は過去。私は答。私はアスタルテ…
Watashi wa sokubaku. Watashi wa chitsujo. Watashi wa antei. Watashi wa kako. Watashi wa kotae. Watashi wa Astarte...
"I am Restraint. I am Order. I am Stability. I am Past. I am Answer. I am Astarte..."

私は自由。私は混沌。私は変化。 私は未来。私は謎。 私はユンヌ。
Watashi wa jiyuu. Watashi wa konton. Watashi wa henka. Watashi wa mirai. Watashi wa nazo. Watashi wa Yune.
"I am Freedom. I am Chaos. I am Change. I am Future. I am Mystery. I am Yune."

Two of her Special activation quotes also got changed somewhat. The Japanese versions of them feel more impersonal and fitting for someone who is above the trifling matters of mere mortals:

Localized as "Perish, flawed one.":
人は不完全
Hito wa fukanzen
"Mankind is flawed"

Localized as "Simply an end.":
私は絶対
Watashi wa zettai
"I am absolute"

Also, one of her tap quotes is just flat out better in Japanese:

Localized as "All this pointless flailing... I need no further evidence of your kind's imperfections."
…? …今、お前が行った無意味な行動も…人が不完全である証…
...? ...Ima, omae ga okonatta muimi na koudou mo... hito ga fukanzen de aru akashi...
"Hm? ...The meaningless action you did just now... is also proof of mankind's imperfection..."

She's clearly referring to the fact that you just poked her. And she's clearly passive-aggressively annoyed.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

More translation notes, I suppose.

Unlike in English, Ashera's title is not an exact parallel to Yune's. In English, Ashera is "Order Goddess" and Yune is "Chaos Goddess". In Japanese, Ashera is "目覚めし正の女神" (mezameshi sei no megami), "Awakened Goddess of Order", whereas Yune is just "負の女神" (fu no megami), "Goddess of Chaos".

Order's Sentence is "正の裁き" (sei no sabaki), "Judgment of Order". This is a reference to her weapon's name in Radiant Dawn, "裁き" (sabaki), "Judgment". Compare with Yune's Chaos Manifest, which is "負の力" (fu no chikara), "Power of Chaos".

Order's Restraint in Japanese is the first three items she lists among the things she represents: "束縛、秩序、安定" (sokubaku, chitsujo, antei), "Restraint, Order, Stability". Contrast with Yune's Chaos Named, which is "我が名は混沌" (wa ga na wa konton), "My name is Chaos".

As I explained back with Yune's release, "order" and "chaos" are loose translations as in Japanese; they more literally translate as "positive" and "negative", hence why "order" and "chaos" appear within the list of things the two represent. Both of their lines are as follows:

私は束縛。私は秩序。私は安定。私は過去。私は答。私はアスタルテ…
Watashi wa sokubaku. Watashi wa chitsujo. Watashi wa antei. Watashi wa kako. Watashi wa kotae. Watashi wa Astarte...
"I am Restraint. I am Order. I am Stability. I am Past. I am Answer. I am Astarte..."

私は自由。私は混沌。私は変化。 私は未来。私は謎。 私はユンヌ。
Watashi wa jiyuu. Watashi wa konton. Watashi wa henka. Watashi wa mirai. Watashi wa nazo. Watashi wa Yune.
"I am Freedom. I am Chaos. I am Change. I am Future. I am Mystery. I am Yune."

Two of her Special activation quotes also got changed somewhat. The Japanese versions of them feel more impersonal and fitting for someone who is above the trifling matters of mere mortals:

Localized as "Perish, flawed one.":
人は不完全
Hito wa fukanzen
"Mankind is flawed"

Localized as "Simply an end.":
私は絶対
Watashi wa zettai
"I am absolute"

Also, one of her tap quotes is just flat out better in Japanese:

Localized as "All this pointless flailing... I need no further evidence of your kind's imperfections."
…? …今、お前が行った無意味な行動も…人が不完全である証…
...? ...Ima, omae ga okonatta muimi na koudou mo... hito ga fukanzen de aru akashi...
"Hm? ...The meaningless action you did just now... is also proof of mankind's imperfection..."

She's clearly referring to the fact that you just poked her. And she's clearly passive-aggressively annoyed.

Oh wow, that's really neat.

Do you have any idea why the Japanese version gave their titles different structures?

39 minutes ago, Othin said:

Do you have any idea why the Japanese version gave their titles different structures?

The only idea that I can speculate relates to her role in Radiant Dawn's story. Ashera being awoken is what triggers the start of Act 4, meaning the Ashera we see in Heroes is intended to be Ashera from the same time period as the events of Act 4.

In contrast, Yune is incorporeal for the entirety of Radiant Dawn's story with her humanoid appearance only being composed of the medallion's blue flames, as in Brave Micaiah's artwork. The Yune we have in Heroes is presumably not from the the events of Radiant Dawn.

Anyways, more translation notes because the parallels between Ashera and Yune are pretty fascinating. The two of them also have corresponding quotes when selecting them on the map:

Ashera's localized "Yes" is "ああ" (aa), an affirmative response with a very neutral tone. Yune's corresponding line of "Why not?" is "いいわ" (ii wa), which is more colloquial and feels similar to the English affirmative response "Sure!" or "Can do!" in the context of taking a suggestion.

Ashera's "There is one future" is "未来は一つ" (mirai wa hitotsu), which is the same as the localized line, with the implication of "only one" future, that being the one she decided upon. Yune's line of "It's your future" is "人の未来を…" (hito no mirai wo), which translates as "mankind's future..." and is a direct object with the verb omitted. The verb can be inferred to be something like "show me" or "decide" in opposition to Ashera's line.

The last unit selection quote for both of them is the fifth sentence of their respective identity statements. Ashera's "I am the answer" is "私は答" (watashi wa kotae), which I translated above as "I am Answer". That corresponds to Yune's "I am mystery", which is "私は謎" (watashi wa nazo), "I am Mystery".

EDIT: Ashera's "Perish, flawed one" Special activation quote, which is "人は不完全" (hito wa fukanzen), "Mankind is flawed", in Japanese is also paired with one of Yune's Special activation quotes. Yune's corresponding quote is "人は愛しい" (hito wa itoshii), "Mankind is dear", localized as "How endearing!"

Edited by Ice Dragon

On 5/30/2021 at 5:11 AM, Sunwoo said:

I'm really glad I was already planning on pulling on colorless.

The only thing that surprised me is that she's not an armor. Ashera just screams "armor" to me, since she's literally immobile in her own game. Infantry's still fine, at least she's not flying.

Agreed. If they can justify Grima being an armoured unit they can easily justify Ashera being an armoured unit. And it's not like she's facing massive competition among armoured mages since there's like a grand total of six armoured tome units already, all of them seasonal and zero of them being colourless tome units. If she's not going to be a colourless armoured tome wielder who is (probably a seasonal version of herself)? And it's hardly like being an armoured unit wouldn't hurt her current playstyle. She wants those extra stats to increase her overall snowball affect and being an armour would keep her at pace with the rest of her army letting her function like the boss with minions she is.

It feels like whenever they release any new units I have something to complain about XD I'm so hard to satisfy. Just stop making the boring units IS. Though obvious props for her animation.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Agreed. If they can justify Grima being an armoured unit they can easily justify Ashera being an armoured unit. And it's not like she's facing massive competition among armoured mages since there's like a grand total of six armoured tome units already, all of them seasonal and zero of them being colourless tome units. If she's not going to be a colourless armoured tome wielder who is (probably a seasonal version of herself)? And it's hardly like being an armoured unit wouldn't hurt her current playstyle. She wants those extra stats to increase her overall snowball affect and being an armour would keep her at pace with the rest of her army letting her function like the boss with minions she is.

Actually, in addition to being an armor I think I expected her to be ... well, correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't played RD in a very long time, but isn't RD!Ashera slow? I don't remember getting doubled by her very much. Plus, she just feels like someone who'd have a shitload of defense, both physical and resistance. Even though it wouldn't be anything new at this point, I feel like Ashera would've made a lot more sense as a colorless tome armor, with low speed and high defenses. Like if we flipped her current speed and defense.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Actually, in addition to being an armor I think I expected her to be ... well, correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't played RD in a very long time, but isn't RD!Ashera slow? I don't remember getting doubled by her very much. Plus, she just feels like someone who'd have a shitload of defense, both physical and resistance. Even though it wouldn't be anything new at this point, I feel like Ashera would've made a lot more sense as a colorless tome armor, with low speed and high defenses. Like if we flipped her current speed and defense.

zX9a8xb.png

According to the main site, she's actually quite fast.

...And has really low Str/Mag, for some reason?

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

...And has really low Str/Mag, for some reason?

Ashera has universal non-HP stat caps of 50, which go entirely unused.

Ashera is also much slower than her 40 Spd would suggest, as Judge has 16 Wt (and 50 Mt). Thus, Order Incarnate itself suffers 8 AS loss, reducing it to 32. Which is much more bearable, even slow. She also has 65 Res-hitting Atk. It's all in the weapon.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

zX9a8xb.png

Huh. I guess my memories of RD are worse than I thought. I really need to play it again.

39 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Armoured colourless tome actually would be literally new. As would a genuinely good armoured tome user. Because correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the armoured tome users we have are particularly stellar. I think winter Thraja was hype for a while but by the time I got her she was underwhelming. Though I think she's the only armoured tome I have so maybe it's just seasonal exclusivity that's making them seem weak rather than actually being not great.

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Huh. I guess my memories of RD are worse than I thought. I really need to play it again.

But you're right. She is effectively quite slow because of her weapon. Most well trained Radiant Dawn characters should be able to double her.

Edited by Jotari

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's because her weapon has an absolutely massive 50 Mt.

Interesting way of implementing it.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ashera has universal non-HP stat caps of 50, which go entirely unused.

Ashera is also much slower than her 40 Spd would suggest, as Judge has 16 Wt (and 50 Mt). Thus, Order Incarnate itself suffers 8 AS loss, reducing it to 32. Which is much more bearable, even slow. She also has 65 Res-hitting Atk. It's all in the weapon.

Looks like she does hit the Res cap!

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Armoured colourless tome actually would be literally new. As would a genuinely good armoured tome user. Because correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the armoured tome users we have are particularly stellar. I think winter Thraja was hype for a while but by the time I got her she was underwhelming. Though I think she's the only armoured tome I have so maybe it's just seasonal exclusivity that's making them seem weak rather than actually being not great.

But you're right. She is effectively quite slow because of her weapon. Most well trained Radiant Dawn characters should be able to double her.

Henriette is pretty good, especially with her fantastic skill set.

Still, she and Alfonse are the only tome armors we've gotten since the end of 2019, so most of them are pretty outdated by now. And now that I think of it - out of the 7 tome armors we've gotten so far, none of them have a prf.

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

32 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You need 36 Attack Speed to double her, but the only units that even have Spd caps that high are Ike (37), Leonardo with Lughnasadh equipped (39), Swordmasters (40), Rogues (40), Falcon Knights (36), Beasts not named Muarim, Mordecai, Kyza, or Skrimir (36-40), and non-Heron Birds (42-50). (Using tier 2 class names for people who aren't familiar with Radiant Dawn's tier 3 class names.)

Most units are going to fall in the 29-35 Attack Speed range where neither unit doubles the other.

Edited by Ice Dragon