Patch for Birthright

jasongrk1127

Can someone (within the next few years) create  a patch of the American version of Fire Emblem Fates that removes the 'a thing?' part Hana's line to Subaki before Chapter 7 (and rephrase it so its proper English and not some 2010s catch phrase)?  It just doesn't feel right hearing such a wording in a Fire Emblem game which is supposed to be set in a distant Fantasy world, not on 2010s EARTH. I will pay anyone here hundreds of dollars for this patch. I don't like how the localization of Fire Emblem Fates. Having characters use 'modern' quotes like 'is a thing' triggers me. I want to play a version where Hana doesn't say 'is a thing?' and instead she says that line differently.I am so depressed now. Thank you

Edited by jasongrk1127

13 hours ago, cluesagi said:

This is a patch to replace the script with a more direct translation from Japanese. It's not 100% finished but I'm pretty sure the main story is done.

19 hours ago, jasongrk1127 said:

Can someone (within the next few years) create  a patch of the American version of Fire Emblem Fates that removes the 'a thing?' part Hana's line to Subaki before Chapter 7 (and rephrase it so its proper English and not some 2010s catch phrase)?  It just doesn't feel right hearing such a wording in a Fire Emblem game which is supposed to be set in a distant Fantasy world, not on 2010s EARTH. I will pay anyone here hundreds of dollars for this patch. I don't like how the localization of Fire Emblem Fates. Having characters use 'modern' quotes like 'is a thing' triggers me. I want to play a version where Hana doesn't say 'is a thing?' and instead she says that line differently.I am so depressed now. Thank you

So...do you have your wallet ready?

On 5/31/2021 at 5:22 PM, Armchair General said:

To make it so bad, this isn't even a lot of work for someone with the right tools.

I was gonna say, I could do this in, like, five minutes with Paragon.  Even if you didn't have all the files ready, it'd be maybe 10 minutes or so to extract the files from the ROM, another 5 to get Paragon, and then you just open up the program and find the single line of dialogue to change.  Recompile however you need to and voila, the game has a minor change that is apparently worth "hundreds of dollars".

On 5/30/2021 at 8:23 PM, jasongrk1127 said:

Why don't you do it yourself if you want it so badly? It's a video game in a fictional world so one line of modern phrases doesn't hurt anyone, and even if you can patch it, it will be a waste of time since you're only wasting time and effort for ONE change