what is this holy shit contraption of a map

8ae21428cb.jpg

Lunatic Map Layout:

Spoiler

2245be595a.jpg

Infernal/Abyssal Map Layout:

Spoiler

c3bd7983a3.jpg

Not double posting this time because... it's time for me to go to bed. My attempts at clearing this janky-ass map will have to wait until Monday afternoon.

I will say however that I'm already dreading it after looking at that Troubadour and the Knights.

Edited by Some Jerk

If all of Tellius is turned to stone (except those protected by Yune and also Branded), that also means the wildlife, right?
And if the chefs are turned to stone as well, plus no wildlife to hunt for meat...

So who will win? The Goddess of Order, the one revered by many as the righteous god? Or one hungry boi?

Spoiler

If you have 5:30 to spare, give it a watch.

The knights were annoying as hell, to be sure. Even if they aren't the usual Save tanks, they still made pretty much the entire upper half of the map inaccessible to an offensive strategy. Fortunately they (and Ashera) remain immobile long enough to let the units outside of Ashera's little Save ball and every reinforcement come down and die within seconds. Plus one aspect of Save tanks that the AI still can't quite get a handle on: unit placement, hence the death of Order. From there... well turns out when your goddess is dead, there's not much room left for praying.

Praise chaos!

At first I didn't understand what's going on because attacking Ashera with melee units always gave a me counter till I noticed that the two knights have savior skills. The savior skills were distributed to my favor because B!Lysithea could kill the green knight by attacking the blue knight, so the blue knight couldn't counter her anymore. She got very most of the kills. L!Azure and NY! Azura danced for her. Edelgard tanked the red manakete and blue archer and killed Ashera at the end. Unlike Sigurd's map on infernal this was not half as bad considering I didn't understand the gimmick of the map at first.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

It is normal already, at very least on Mythic banners now.

@Xenomata Nice clear! I could see the little struggle against those far save skills but you handle well 😄

Edited by Naoshi

This was an interesting map, I had fun playing it. I brought along Zelgius, Micaiah, Ninian, and Spring Loki to clear Abyssal. It would have been nice if they used A Grasping Truth as the map theme though.

All right, I'm back! I didn't uninstall the game that long because Bridal Catria was revealed about a week after I lost motivation to play. I don't have too many orbs at the moment, but Catria clearly loves me better than Palla does because I got three copies of her with nearly 1/3 of the orbs I used to get two copies of Spring Palla and one copy of Duo Palla.

I've been clearing maps with only Whitewings, including Minerva, lately; this map was no exception. I actually didn't need to change too much for the Whitewings clear because three of the units in the original clear were already Whitewings. I wanted to use regular Catria for this, but I was too lazy to figure out strategies that didn't involve using Galeforce. Catria could actually ORKO the axe flier at the bottom of the map around turn 2 or 3, but then she wouldn't have survived the healer's attack. I'm glad that Camilla finally got to shine again!

I forgot to give sword Catria a seal in the first clear, but it didn't matter. Having Triangle Attack and warping tricks for everyone makes gameplay quite entertaining now.

Original clear: 

Whitewings: 

I didn't want to type out Ashera's transliterated name

@XRay @Landmaster @Some Jerk @BoaFerox @Flying Shogi @daisy jane @Unknown Gamer11 @NSSKG151

Its cute how they mimicked Ashera's aura's, but those fridges where a real pain. Not only from blocking hits, but it also makes it hard to figure out how much damage you do against the normal units. That canto cav healer was also a jerk.

The Araphen orphans could't quite cut it in this map thanks to those armours. So no baby clear this time around.

Roy as usual is my reliable fallback and Gordin was a champ in this map too. This time I brought Wolt and Nils around for some added firepower/support.

@Unknown Gamer11 @Landmaster @Diovani Bressan @Maaka @SatsumaFSoysoy @BoaFerox

Edited by Sasori

@Xenomata Those Save armors are certainly annoying. P!Raphael is quite the beast and seeing him quad everything he faced is quite the treat, although I guess Celica got MVP in the latter half of the clear, as the tin cans didn't allow Lewyn to attack as much as he would've liked. 

- - - - - - -

This map was hellish for me. I tried the usual W!Altina+Bride Micaiah cheese, but it didn't work thanks to that annoying Blue bow. Then I went for Officer Hilda's team, and they got stonewalled by the tin cans. OG!Eirika can withstand the onslaught of enemies, but the map being semi open means the other 3 would get killed, so that was a no go too. So I went for the most brain dead option and used F!Edelgard to clear it, but there was no way in hell I was going to make such a boring clear a video. 

So I went and tried tons of comps, from B!Ike to N!Hana+Norne, but all of them struggled with either the fridges or the bow. I was about to give up and then I saw my new Freyja and decided to give her a chance despite her Spd superbane (I swear I'm gonna fix that as soon as I get 100 fruits, got 60 atm) and turns out she's really powerful despite that. I also took the chance to bring Kid Eirika here to keep the Eirika flavor of the video.

12 hours ago, Xenomata said:

If all of Tellius is turned to stone (except those protected by Yune and also Branded), that also means the wildlife, right?

*Teleports in right behind you*

Nailah:
“And yet the other plants and animals seem completely unaffected. The only creatures turned to stone were laguz and beorc… A miracle of the goddess, indeed.”

Goddess be smart enough to specify the targets of her culling.

*Rewarps out*

Now featuring the world's weirdest Balldigan build!

@Matrograde @BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @LordFrigid @Maaka @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan

So this one took me a good few hours to figure out. The trouble with Ashera's Save buddies is: they Save more than just her, so clearing out enemies before they do Bad Things to your units gets a little sketchy without a dedicated omnitank.

Fortunately, with all of their buffs and healing, the Dancer Cancer squad can afford to take a few hits. Even with Ashera's buffs, only the dedicated shit-wrecker enemies like the Blue Bow and Ashera herself can instagib my units. The challenge was getting them away from the Knights first to kill them on Player Phase, which the Axe Flier with Drag Back and Axe Dragon with Lunge are designed to prevent by dragging you into Ashera's range when she begins her approach. Fortunately, Silvia has Repel to kick the Axe Dragon out of range and Galeforce to run away, giving me just enough space to avoid Ashera's wrath.

After Ashera wandered away from the Knights and promptly ate shit, nothing else on the map was threatening. Wyvern Flight + Atk/Def Menace is a hell of a drug: after Puddle got rid of the Blue Cavalier, the massive Atk/Def debuff from Balldigan neutered whoever was left into futility, with him even being able to solo the Def-stacked Knights. I could've just mashed End Turn until the knights died -- but that's no fun, and I decided they needed to suffer after all that trouble, so I had Balldigan kill the Lance Knight through his Close Def 7 and Silvia oneround the Axe Knight without magic or armor effectiveness.

10 hours ago, Naoshi said:

@Xenomata Nice clear! I could see the little struggle against those far save skills but you handle well 😄

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@Xenomata Those Save armors are certainly annoying. P!Raphael is quite the beast and seeing him quad everything he faced is quite the treat, although I guess Celica got MVP in the latter half of the clear, as the tin cans didn't allow Lewyn to attack as much as he would've liked. 

The thing is, while I was doing a trial run to find out just how the enemies would move, I placed my units in such a way that Ashera completely detached from both Save armors, letting me throw Raph in to save all of the worlds chefs. But curse my bad memory, come time to record and I completely forgot what it was I did. I would say I was lucky that I found a way to get the Close Save armor away to let Celica get the kill as quick as I did before Ashera was able to attack.
That's also kinda why I kept trying to attack with Lewyn/Raphael when the Far Save armor was clearly right there (also because I kept forgetting which of the two was which Save armor :p)

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Teleports in right behind you*

Nailah:
“And yet the other plants and animals seem completely unaffected. The only creatures turned to stone were laguz and beorc… A miracle of the goddess, indeed.”

Goddess be smart enough to specify the targets of her culling.

*Rewarps out*

That's also why I made my opening quip, cause at first Raph was the one who got the kill.

...though Ashera did not spare the chefs of the world, and Raph is not a cook. The goddess must die.

Ophelia, Legendary Leaf, and 2 Azuras made pretty short work of the map.

The Far Save armor having Distant Ward instead of Distant Counter just made it easy to pick him off with Legendary Leaf after clearing the reinforcements, and the fact that the armors kept using Swap on Ashera made it easy to keep her at bay before then. Easy peasy.

The lack of generic ranged armors and generic Distant Counter weapons really limits Far Save's effectiveness on these maps. They should really fix that.

16 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

what is this holy shit contraption of a map

A pretty on-point representation of her map from Radiant Dawn.

Her gimmick was that she was surrounded by 8 "aura" enemies that needed to be defeated before you could damage her, which is being simulated by the Save armors. It's just too bad she can be easily baited out, and her low Def makes her not too difficult to kill on the counterattack.

They really should've made her an armor.

Save armors aren't as much of a pain if you only have one type of damage!  Infernal went down very quickly to Leon and his dance squad.

Now excuse me, I need to see if that Eldigan breaks the Code of Conduct in any way.  😛

8 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I've been clearing maps with only Whitewings, including Minerva, lately; this map was no exception. I actually didn't need to change too much for the Whitewings clear because three of the units in the original clear were already Whitewings. I wanted to use regular Catria for this, but I was too lazy to figure out strategies that didn't involve using Galeforce. Catria could actually ORKO the axe flier at the bottom of the map around turn 2 or 3, but then she wouldn't have survived the healer's attack. I'm glad that Camilla finally got to shine again!

I forgot to give sword Catria a seal in the first clear, but it didn't matter. Having Triangle Attack and warping tricks for everyone makes gameplay quite entertaining now.

You get a Brave Weapon! You get a Brave Weapon! You get a Brave Weapon! Everybody gets a Brave Weapon!

Triangle Attack is indeed very fun.

— — — — — — —

As for my own clear, I tried doing it with a Save tank team. It took me quite a few tries, and I eventually caved and gave Crafty Fighter to Henriette: Overflowing Love.

I think I might have done better if I used a player phase strategy.

— — — — — — —

Yune damn it! I just tried it with Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo in almost one go (had to restart a few turns, but I did not need to restart all the way from the beginning compared to my Save tank team), and it was a shit ton easier. I could have saved my Crafty Armor for another armor.

Edited by XRay

Those defense tiles ain't going to save Ashera with a defense stat like that. I was expecting this map to be more annoying with the armor units with save skills and the flashing staff cav but it wasn't really that difficult for me.

@GuiltyLove New Catria looks great with those support abilities. Nice clears!

@Alexmender Nice clear with the Goat Lady and her cohorts. Ingrid looks like a fun Galeforce unit.

Not too bad of a map once you figure out all the tricks. Didn't take too long after I found a way to make Ashera go where I needed her~ And getting rid of that demonic Red Manakete. None of the other units besides Ashera herself are really that threatening.

@GuiltyLove - Nice to see you got the new Catria! She pretty much made Ashera's crazy Spd not even matter, or any enemy on this map for that matter. Nice Whitewings clear, too. Hope we get to see Est join in one of them.

@Sasori - Always happy to see you clear these with some smol bois~ It's interesting with Roy throwing off those big Bonfires while talking about how cold it is. Also nice to see Gordin easily blow Ashera away like that. It's a blessing she has such low Def. Good work!

@Alexmender - Interesting selection of units but all of them are great. Especially happy seeing Ingrid bulldoze down so many units on the first two turns. Freyja's great, even with -Spd, she's insanely fast. Mystic Boost makes her insanely annoying with how hard it already is to kill her.

@Some Jerk - You finally have an Avatar, it's bellisimo~ Life and Death Wyvern Flight is certainly a huge IQ play that worked out for you. I just recently got Wyvern Flight Fodder myself and am super tempted to give it to Eldigan since I have no other invested tanky fliers. Candy Cane on him is also quite an interesting choice that I firmly approve of. I'm a bit surprised Ashera went down to Silvia and Eldigan so easily but that is a monstrous duo of dancers, so I really shouldn't be. Puddles also deserves some respect since she took out a lot of the enemies.

@NSSKG151 - Not only did NY!Anna tank Ashera, but she doubled and killed her on the counterattack. I'm convinced your NY!Anna is like a Super Saiyan God Form or something~ I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point but she is crazy strong, probably my favorite of your Annas just because of how strong you've made her. Of course, the other two and our honorary Anna had no issues, either.

I didn't exactly Fallen Edelgard cheese, because she would die if I dropped her in the middle of things. I had her camp on the defense tile in front of the Manakete. Eliwood provided Ability Doubler. L!Corrin and my own Ashera cleaned up the spawns at the bottom.

I couldn't replicate my first clear with B!Lysithea and Fallen FMorgan, so I play around with Arthur and managed to clear it with perfection as Arthur proc Aether on Ashera, then I couldn't replicate it afterwards. In the end I have to give Arthur Water blessing for Legendary Azura's Res and HP buff. Even now I am still not sure how the heck Arthur managed to tank without the extra DF and Blessing Buff the first time around.

Spoiler

@Xenomata Mhmm yes, fellow +10 Belica user. She is definitely good for picking off things quickly for this map.

@Sasori RIP the babbies. Gordin certainly destroyed Ashera easily though.

@Alexmender Baby Eirika is defintiely strong, but maybe because you don't have any merges yet, she doesn't feel as solid and reliable as your other two Eirikas yet. Maybe you'll get some more copies in the future. I'm definitely jealous about that Ingrid, though. I didn't manage to get her but didn't want to spend too many orbs on that banner.

@NSSKG151 Ashera rams her face into the powerful mage tank that is NYAnna. She never stood a chance.

@Landmaster Getting rid of the green fridge early on is so good, even if it means making Ashera move immediately. I guess at that point she's merely moving closer to her death by Elise.

@Diovani Bressan

I really wanted to use my Felica in an Abyssal, so Belica took a break this time.

Broke the map using Ninja Lyn though I had her tank the Gronnblade mage at the start to put herself into both Desperation and WoM beacon range. (My Ninja Lyn has neutral stats with 5 merges and 5 flower boosts and has S-rank Summoner support, +7 visible buff to all stats thanks to Peony and Legendary Azura, and is receiving in-combat boosts from New Year's Azura's Hagoita and Peony's Prf weapon; she survived and ORKO'd the mage with only 4 HP remaining.) Also, Blade Session seal is stupid strong on Ninja Lyn.