Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Thread (June 15th at 9 AM PT / 12 PM EST)

King Marth 64

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah; I was hoping for the return of the idea of Zelda being Link's companion; it was easily the best thing about Spirit Tracks and I've been wanting to see it return. I hope it is in the game. Maybe they're separated for a while and then end up reuniting and working together?

We can only hope. There's still a ton we don't know about the game, so we'll see.

That said, after the success of Hyrule Warriors, I'd find it strange if Link was the only playable character, but who knows?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metroid Fusion was my first Metroid game. I've been hooked on the series ever since. The initial rumors from back in the day of a follow-up called "Metroid Dread" had me excited. While playing Metroid Prime 3, before even seeing anything on the internet, I found the "Metroid project 'Dread' nearing completion" tease and got even more excited. But, of course, nothing happened. Metroid Dread seemed Metroid Dead.

Fast forward to today.

We're introduced to a new Metroid game. Is it another remake? Mercury Steam had initially wanted to remake Metroid Fusion, so maybe it's that. Or maybe it's Super Metroid. It's 2D, but it's clearly not either of those..."Metroid 5." Oh my god. Regardless of anything else, the follow-up is finally here! A minute later and "Metroid...Dread" pops up on screen. Is this real? Is it actually happening? Is this a Metroid Dream?

No. It's real. 19 years later, I'll finally be able to experience the follow-up to my first Metroid game. Just please don't be Another M.

Kazuya in Smash - literally don't even know who this, don't care.

Advance Wars 1 & 2 - Cool to see the series return, I guess, but I was never much of a fan.

AoC DLC - Zelda is Makoto from Persona 5 now! Still hoping for Purah and Robbie. Not gonna play any DLC until it's all out, though.

BotW 2 - That trailer...really didn't do much for me. Playable Zelda? Title? Nope. Not yet, at least.

Fire Emblem, or lack thereof - Basically confirms the next game is a remake. It's unlikely they aren't working on anything and a brand new entry should be an E3 reveal, but a remake could be announced in a normal direct.

Edited by Florete

4 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

We can only hope. There's still a ton we don't know about the game, so we'll see.

That said, after the success of Hyrule Warriors, I'd find it strange if Link was the only playable character, but who knows?

Yeah; we can only hope.

Please don't remind me about the success of Age of Calamity. Normally, I'd be happy to see a Zelda spin-off do well, but with Age of Calamity, I can't help but wonder how many of its sales were from people who were misled by the marketing and wouldn't have bought it if not for the false-advertising.

27 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Please don't remind me about the success of Age of Calamity. Normally, I'd be happy to see a Zelda spin-off do well, but with Age of Calamity, I can't help but wonder how many of its sales were from people who were misled by the marketing and wouldn't have bought it if not for the false-advertising.

Probably not many due to Egg boy having been revealed a full month before release. The amount of people going in without knowing of the time travel can't have been very high.

What bothers me is that the dlc scedule seems really weird. We're only getting new stages in December, a full year after its release. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Not a damn thing of interest to me, and I'm sorely disappointed to see FE resources go to Warioware and Advance Wars. I guess Paper Mario wasn't enough of a diversion for IS, so more trash it is.

Also wish they'd speed up development on that Age of Calamity dlc so we can development on good Warriors games. AoC's lack of tactical elements and boring side battles severely hampers it as a musou experience.

Not a Nintendo Switch announcement, but speaking of Warriors games, Final Fantasy Warriors is the single most requested Warriors game and they gave us the literal opposite - a Souls like. And it looks fucking awful.

Kazuya in Smash is better than Heihachi, but still a bland and boring announcement. It beats another first party fighter, but the last thing we needed was more characters with convoluted fighting game controls.

SMTV was the best showcase of them. If it has difficulty settings, I'll buy it. But if it's just more of the notorious SMT difficulty, I'll pass, thanks.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

24 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Probably not many due to Egg boy having been revealed a full month before release. The amount of people going in without knowing of the time travel can't have been very high.

What bothers me is that the dlc scedule seems really weird. We're only getting new stages in December, a full year after its release. 

I don't know; I saw quite a few people saying they didn't find out it was an alternate timeline until they played the game and that they felt like they got ripped off. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if a large number of people either didn't play the demo, pre-ordered the game, or understandably wanted to avoid "spoilers" until they got the game. I'm not saying that they'd be a majority of the sales or anywhere close, but would the hype and attention that the game got have been nearly as much as it was if not for how it was misleadingly marketed?

But I'd honestly rather not keep talking about it.

Now that you mention it, yeah; that DLC schedule is very weird.

To be frank, the difference in sales numbers due to the BotW connection should be obvious. Hyrule Warriors sold 1 million units. Age of Calamity sold 3 million. If we're being very generous, we could say that 1 million of those units were because of the Switch platform (as opposed to the Wii U/New 3DS), but that still means that on the low end, one third of customers were expecting a canon story, and on the high end, two thirds were.

And I'm leaning towards the high end here. Other Warriors games on the Switch have sold well. They haven't sold anywhere near 3 million copies well. 

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Reflecting on the direct, it is no surprise that Splatoon 3 or Fire Emblem did not make an appearance. As they were mostly focusing on titles released this year (and Splatoon 3 started development later than BOTW2), those two didn't make it as they are likely next year releases.
-- Besides, people were more hungry for BOTW2 news, so capping the direct off with another teaser was good. A shame there wasn't gameplay, but they had Metroid Dread for that.
-- I imagine Nintendo will do its own separate directs down the road, or wait for a different event to reveal more Splatoon 3 and/or Fire Emblem news.

The Advance Wars 1&2 remake look great. The classic AW were always cartoony, so I don't mind the direction they went. The portraits look great, although I will miss the pixel artstyle for the units and battle scenes.
-- The unit models look all right, but the backgrounds look a little off when the units are there. May just be me though.
-- I guess Dual Strike didn't make it in since it was a DS game and not a GBA one, and it did make some use of the two screens.
-- Days of Ruin (Dark Conflict in the EU) takes a darker tone, although I think it may be one of the more balanced AW games. Would be cool to see that again since I loved its "advanced map editor" when compared to the other AW games.

WarioWare is also great, although admittedly I only really played a port of the original. I would love to get it for the Switch, but my Switch backlog is already rather intensive. I still have yet to finish Octopath Traveler, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, and have yet to get Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (among others).

I am also interested in the Age of Calamity DLC as I rather enjoyed the demo and the original Hyrule Warriors. Of course, I have yet to get the game itself, so I guess I lucked out by waiting since I'll likely have access to all the DLC by then (instead of being burnt out on the main game).

Mario Party Superstars looks like a return to the classic Mario Party that I loved. Seeing the original maps and mini-games are nostalgic, although they do seem to make the boards smaller than the MP64 size megaboards. I'm wary of the new Mario Parties as after 8, the entire series went downhill for me.

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah; I was hoping for the return of the idea of Zelda being Link's companion; it was easily the best thing about Spirit Tracks and I've been wanting to see it return. I hope it is in the game. Maybe they're separated for a while and then end up reuniting and working together?

If Zelda gets her own side of the story in which she explores and attempts to escape the underground, I'd accept that. Maybe her story plays out more like a survival horror where Ganoncorpse is stalking her and she must stay away from him while trying to establish contact with and help Link? Meanwhile, Link is trying to find his way back into the underground to save Zelda from Ganoncorpse. There could be sanctuaries where Zelda can rest and hide from Ganoncorpse, though progressing will require her to step out from such safe zones. Her sealing powers could themselves be sealed away or stolen from her somehow, leaving her defenseless until Link starts restoring her powers through braving the dungeons above. Then, near the end of the game, Link and Zelda finally reunite and work together to defeat Ganoncorpse.

Still would have preferred a "Link and Zelda travel together" game for all the cute moments that could entail, but if Zelda is at least playable, that will be a step in the right direction. Alternatively, Link and Zelda could reunite maybe halfway through the game, where Link is able to open a door into the Underground and get Zelda out but at the cost of unleashing Ganoncorpse upon the land, leading into a second half of the game where they work together to stop him.

Just...please give me a Link and Zelda adventure eventually, Nintendo. I want to see my favorite game couple traveling together and doing cute stuff together. With maybe some T-rated fanservice mixed in, like Zelda in a Gerudo outfit.

Alright Direct, surprised the hid the fact that Marvel Avengers and The Life is Strange are coming to Switch- would it have been better to announce on the Square Enix side of the things? The latter has got me quite curious on it though. 

Not interested at all in Tekken, but Kayzuya does look pretty cool. 

Excited to see Birdo return to Mario Party! Disappointed that only 5 boards exist in the game though.

The remake of Advance Wars looks cool. Love the art style. 

Genuinely shocked that there was no new BDSP and Legends: Arceus news. I need to know whether the former is 1:1 remake and new info before I buy the the latter due to SwSh burning me out. I know Pokemon has its own direct, but still they have done E3 in the past, like ORAS for example. 

48 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

To be frank, the difference in sales numbers due to the BotW connection should be obvious. Hyrule Warriors sold 1 million units. Age of Calamity sold 3 million. If we're being very generous, we could say that 1 million of those units were because of the Switch platform (as opposed to the Wii U/New 3DS), but that still means that on the low end, one third of customers were expecting a canon story, and on the high end, two thirds were.

And I'm leaning towards the high end here. Other Warriors games on the Switch have sold well. They haven't sold anywhere near 3 million copies well. 

I agree. It is rather obvious that it sold well because of the BOTW connection.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

If Zelda gets her own side of the story in which she explores and attempts to escape the underground, I'd accept that. Maybe her story plays out more like a survival horror where Ganoncorpse is stalking her and she must stay away from him while trying to establish contact with and help Link? Meanwhile, Link is trying to find his way back into the underground to save Zelda from Ganoncorpse. There could be sanctuaries where Zelda can rest and hide from Ganoncorpse, though progressing will require her to step out from such safe zones. Her sealing powers could themselves be sealed away or stolen from her somehow, leaving her defenseless until Link starts restoring her powers through braving the dungeons above. Then, near the end of the game, Link and Zelda finally reunite and work together to defeat Ganoncorpse.

Still would have preferred a "Link and Zelda travel together" game for all the cute moments that could entail, but if Zelda is at least playable, that will be a step in the right direction. Alternatively, Link and Zelda could reunite maybe halfway through the game, where Link is able to open a door into the Underground and get Zelda out but at the cost of unleashing Ganoncorpse upon the land, leading into a second half of the game where they work together to stop him.

Just...please give me a Link and Zelda adventure eventually, Nintendo. I want to see my favorite game couple traveling together and doing cute stuff together. With maybe some T-rated fanservice mixed in, like Zelda in a Gerudo outfit.

I hadn't thought about Zelda having her own side-story. That could be interesting.

Same; I much would've preferred a "Link and Zelda travel together" game; that's what I was referring to when I said that I wanted Zelda to be Link's companion and referenced Spirit Tracks.

If you're talking about Link and Zelda in general rather than specifically BOTW Link and Zelda, then Spirit Tracks is a Link & Zelda adventure.

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

One thing that I'm not too thrilled about is that the trailer didn't really imply anything about a playable Zelda. In fact if anything I detected vibes that she'll be playing her usual role again. 

I really hope she isn't playing her usual role again; especially right after BOTW had her be the one imprisoning Ganon for a change.

Anyway, on rewatching the trailer, I just noticed that there's a moment where Link has a flamethrower shaped like a dragon head and it's attached to the shield. On the one hand, I'm kind-of disappointed because the shield's still on the left arm and I was hoping that Link's right arm getting covered in the green stuff would lead to him going back to being left-handed. On the other hand, the flamethrower thing doesn't look like a unique shield and instead looks more like some kind of shield attachment, so that could be really interesting.

1 minute ago, ZeManaphy said:

Genuinely shocked that there was no new BDSP and Legends: Arceus news. I need to know whether the former is 1:1 remake and new info before I buy the the latter due to SwSh burning me out. I know Pokemon has its own direct, but still they have done E3 in the past, like ORAS for example. 

as always, pokemon has its own pokemon direct

it's basically 99.99% granted that a pokemon direct will come out in a week or two

16 minutes ago, Yexin said:

as always, pokemon has its own pokemon direct

it's basically 99.99% granted that a pokemon direct will come out in a week or two

Agreed; there's almost-certainly going to be a Pokémon direct within the next couple of weeks.

I'm perfectly fine waiting, as I've been more looking forward to Monster Hunter Stories 2 news, which we did get. I'm looking forward to the demo (as well as the actual game).

Speaking of which, did anyone else watch the treehouse for Stories 2? The person playing the game said that the late grandpa is the protagonist of the first game, but not only did Capcom say that that was not the case, but there are characters in Stories 2 that are from the first game and they've only aged maybe 15 years at most; most notably Lilia, who was the same age as the Stories 1 protagonist and is a teenager/young-adult in Stories 2. The person playing the game really should've fact-checked.

Just now, vanguard333 said:

I hadn't thought about Zelda having her own side-story. That could be interesting.

Same; I much would've preferred a "Link and Zelda travel together" game; that's what I was referring to when I said that I wanted Zelda to be Link's companion and referenced Spirit Tracks.

If you're talking about Link and Zelda in general rather than specifically BOTW Link and Zelda, then Spirit Tracks is a Link & Zelda adventure.

Yeah, I know. That game was a step in the right direction, but you couldn't directly interact with Zelda outside of the Spirit Tower itself. I'm thinking something Ico-esque where Link and Zelda can directly interact, like Link giving Zelda a helping hand climbing up a ledge or Zelda sitting beside Link while he fishes. Maybe even let the two cuddle under a tree while resting or something like that.

Just now, vanguard333 said:

I really hope she isn't playing her usual role again; especially right after BOTW had her be the one imprisoning Ganon for a change.

Anyway, on rewatching the trailer, I just noticed that there's a moment where Link has a flamethrower shaped like a dragon head and it's attached to the shield. On the one hand, I'm kind-of disappointed because the shield's still on the left arm and I was hoping that Link's right arm getting covered in the green stuff would lead to him going back to being left-handed. On the other hand, the flamethrower thing doesn't look like a unique shield and instead looks more like some kind of shield attachment, so that could be really interesting.

If she's a damsel in distress again, they can at least make her the fun kind instead of the boring kind.

I suspect that Ganoncorpse is trying to drain Zelda's lifeforce to restore his own, so her being captured isn't the concern here. If Ganoncorpse catches her, she'll most likely be dead. Hence why I think a survival horror-style of play could work for her here. Anyone here play Clock Tower? I haven't, but I recall reading that you play as a girl running away and hiding from a murderous freak armed with a giant pair of scissors. Apply that principle here, only hopefully with vaguely horrific life draining instead of gruesome beheading.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

Yeah, I know. That game was a step in the right direction, but you couldn't directly interact with Zelda outside of the Spirit Tower itself. I'm thinking something Ico-esque where Link and Zelda can directly interact, like Link giving Zelda a helping hand climbing up a ledge or Zelda sitting beside Link while he fishes. Maybe even let the two cuddle under a tree while resting or something like that.

Well, she was a spirit in most of that game. Also, you could directly interact with her outside the Spirit Tower, though admittedly only to the same extent as other companions (i.e. talking to them).

I see what you mean; Spirit Tracks was great, but something that went even further in terms of them adventuring together would be great. I've never played Ico, but I've heard of it, so I know what you mean. I was even thinking of stuff like Link and Zelda helping each other up ledges (though they don't really need that thanks to the climbing mechanics), or Zelda grabbing metal objects with magnesis so you can shoot lightning at those objects for aoe damage and such.

The two of them resting under a tree like that does sound adorable and like something the Link and Zelda in Spirit Tracks would've done if Zelda had been corporeal in most of that game.

8 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

I suspect that Ganoncorpse is trying to drain Zelda's lifeforce to restore his own, so her being captured isn't the concern here. If Ganoncorpse catches her, she'll most likely be dead. Hence why I think a survival horror-style of play could work for her here. Anyone here play Clock Tower? I haven't, but I recall reading that you play as a girl running away and hiding from a murderous freak armed with a giant pair of scissors. Apply that principle here, only hopefully with vaguely horrific life draining instead of gruesome beheading.

I could see something like that, though villains using Zelda's lifeforce to restore/empower their own is a bit of an old Zelda trope (Vaati in Minish Cap, Bellum in Phantom Hourglass, Demise in Skyward Sword, etc.).

11 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Well, she was a spirit in most of that game. Also, you could directly interact with her outside the Spirit Tower, though admittedly only to the same extent as other companions (i.e. talking to them).

I see what you mean; Spirit Tracks was great, but something that went even further in terms of them adventuring together would be great. I've never played Ico, but I've heard of it, so I know what you mean. I was even thinking of stuff like Link and Zelda helping each other up ledges (though they don't really need that thanks to the climbing mechanics), or Zelda grabbing metal objects with magnesis so you can shoot lightning at those objects for aoe damage and such.

The two of them resting under a tree like that does sound adorable and like something the Link and Zelda in Spirit Tracks would've done if Zelda had been corporeal in most of that game.

Right? That hug at the end of Spirit Tracks melted my heart. Aside from Zelda's kiss to Link at the end of the Oracles and the implied kiss at the end of AoL, it was the first time we saw some open affection between the two. Skyward Sword wanted to have that so badly, but Nintendo cucco'd out (though that might have part to do with Japanese customs regarding open displays of affection).

11 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I could see something like that, though villains using Zelda's lifeforce to restore/empower their own is a bit of an old Zelda trope (Vaati in Minish Cap, Bellum in Phantom Hourglass, Demise in Skyward Sword, etc.).

Makes it all the more likely, especially considering Ganondorf ain't exactly looking hale and hearty here. I expect he might end up restoring his life a different way, so we can finally see a proper honest-to-goodness Ganondorf in BotW's style, voice acting and all.

What'll be interesting though is if he turns out to have been severely weakened during his ages-long imprisonment under the ground, meaning he starts out less of a threat than he usually is and thus is forced to work to regain his strength. Something the Malice will be involved in, no doubt.

Edited by Lord_Brand

Overall, while I think the Direct was good, it wasn't my favorite. Part of this may be because it didn't show "my" game/franchise in Fire Emblem. Part of it may be because I had too high of expectations. But that's how I feel. 

And while I am disappointed in the fact that there won't be a Fire Emblem game this year, Dark Deity (and me hopefully finishing the Order of the Crimson Arm hack...maybe...) will help scratch that itch. Who knows, I may even buy Vestaria Saga! And beyond that, I still need to buy the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Those 2-4 games should keep me busy for a LONG time. Add in Horizon: Forbidden West for a holiday game (and a break between ME playthroughs), and I should be fine to wait until next year for another FE game. And while I don't think it's likely- heck, it's probably impossible - part of me hopes to see 2-3 FE games next year: a remake (in the spring), a new game (in the summer), and a new Warriors game (in the fall).

But even if only one game comes out, I have that, Mistborn 7 (and hopefully Dark One volume 2), Brian McClellan's new book, the MCU shows and movies, and The Batman to look forward to. I'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Brand said:

Right? That hug at the end of Spirit Tracks melted my heart. Aside from Zelda's kiss to Link at the end of the Oracles and the implied kiss at the end of AoL, it was the first time we saw some open affection between the two. Skyward Sword wanted to have that so badly, but Nintendo cucco'd out (though that might have part to do with Japanese customs regarding open displays of affection).

And not just the hug; don't forget all their adorable victory high-fives, them holding hands at the end of the game, or Zelda telling Byrne, "When [Zelda and Link] are together, no one can defeat us!" before she and Link then look into each other's eyes and blush... completely failing to notice that Byrne is ignoring them and leaving the room.

Yeah; every now and then I see someone try to claim that Skyward Sword was the first Zelda game to give Link and Zelda's dynamic an overtly romantic tone, and I keep having to point out to them that Spirit Tracks not only did that before Skyward Sword, but went even further with it than Skyward Sword did.

1 hour ago, Lord_Brand said:

Makes it all the more likely, especially considering Ganondorf ain't exactly looking hale and hearty here. I expect he might end up restoring his life a different way, so we can finally see a proper honest-to-goodness Ganondorf in BotW's style, voice acting and all.

What'll be interesting though is if he turns out to have been severely weakened during his ages-long imprisonment under the ground, meaning he starts out less of a threat than he usually is and thus is forced to work to regain his strength. Something the Malice will be involved in, no doubt.

I suppose, though I usually prefer when they break away from various old tropes like those.

To be clear, a fully-restored Ganondorf would be cool to see. That said, if we do get a fully-restored Ganondorf in the game, I hope we get to fight Mummy-Ganondorf first since it's such an interesting concept with a lot of potential.

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

and I'm sorely disappointed to see FE resources go to Warioware and Advance Wars. I guess Paper Mario wasn't enough of a diversion for IS, so more trash it is.

WayForward has been entrusted with Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp, with Nintendo's "support and advice". Your harpoon is unwarranted on that particular game.

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

SMTV was the best showcase of them. If it has difficulty settings, I'll buy it. But if it's just more of the notorious SMT difficulty, I'll pass, thanks.

Have you followed SMT in detail at all?

SMTIV had three difficulty options: Easy, Normal, and Hard (the actual names differ, but that is fundamentally what they are). The (overpriced) Nocturne remaster has Normal and Hard, with an Easy mode as free DLC. SMTIV: Apocalypse had five difficulties, Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard, and Very Hard. Strange Journey Redux had four settings: Casual, Standard, Expert, Impossible. Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker had a normal Apocalypse difficulty and an easier Blessed.

In other words, multiple difficulties has become the norm for SMT. It is almost certain that there will be in the next game. -Not saying you should actually get V.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Probably the only thing that interested me was Mario Party Superstar but maybe that's because I have fond memories of playing the old Mario Party games back when I was a kid. Everything else from the Nintendo Direct was pretty meh to me outside of maybe Metroid Dread. Was hoping for some new info for Pokemon BDSP and Arceus Legends but Game Freak will probably have their own announcement for it later this month.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

WayForward has been entrusted with Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp, with Nintendo's "support and advice". Your harpoon is unwarranted on that particular game.

Have you followed SMT in detail at all?

SMTIV had three difficulty options: Easy, Normal, and Hard (the actual names differ, but that is fundamentally what they are). The (overpriced) Nocturne remaster has Normal and Hard, with an Easy mode as free DLC. SMTIV: Apocalypse had five difficulties, Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard, and Very Hard. Strange Journey Redux had four settings: Casual, Standard, Expert, Impossible. Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker had a normal Apocalypse difficulty and an easier Blessed.

In other words, multiple difficulties has become the norm for SMT. It is almost certain that there will be in the next game. -Not saying you should actually get V.

Cool on both counts then. I won't bother with Advance Wars because I never enjoyed the ones I did play. And I will probably get SMTV because I am a Persona fan.

27 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

And I will probably get SMTV because I am a Persona fan.

If you have a functioning 3DS as I'd expect an FE fan to have, you may want to consider Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker. Detractors of the game deride its atmosphere as being "too Persona". Set over the course of one week, Japan undergoes the apocalypse caused by mysterious alien invaders, and you must survive through, ultimately deciding the fate of humanity from several 11th hour options. 

The main thing that makes people say Devil Survivor 2 is more Persona-like than its predecessor, is that you can spend some of your 30-minute increments of each day in DS2 bonding the silent MC with the other playable characters, increasing their Fate Level.

Gameplay-wise, it's traditional SMT RPG combat, but with an SRPG grid for movement. A unique SRPG-JRPG hybrid that is slanted more towards the latter I'd say. You can field four teams in battle, each led by a human leader accompanied by two demons. Free Battles that don't cost any time can be repeated endlessly for money and experience as needed. The more you devote into fusing demons with great skills, the easier the game becomes.

-Ultimately however, I hesitate to recommend the game wholeheartedly, because, for some, the anime tropes in the characters might be insufferable. I'd hate to see someone get a game, only to want to burn all memory of its cast having ever existed. It wasn't the case for me at all, but we disagree on enough matters that I can't say I can speak for what you'd like.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Metroid has me stunned. I literally have my own amateur design document for a "Metroid 5", tentatively called Metroid Dread just to be cute, and a lot of it is right there staring me in the face between the trailer and gameplay demonstration. It's incredible. The game LOOKS incredible. It's better than something my dorky brain could cook up. I could scarcely pay attention to anything else announced today. Don't get me wrong, there's some good, even great stuff, but I'm still in a state of shock over this news. The only strangeness is that we never once see Samus in her morph ball? And the spider Ball ability is now just tied to her suit so she can monkey climb walls and ceilings. Very suspicious indeed. There's got to be something to that. 

Edited by Glennstavos